See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 3 November 2016 via mobile

We couldn't have asked for a better place to start our holiday. They were so accommodating. We enjoyed it and they even helped us with the food we had to make for our road trip. They called us to tell us there was a phone forgotten and they'll keep it till we return in 2 weeks time was remarkable. That gives them a 10 out of 10! We will be back.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 April 2016

The place is spotlessly clean, lovely staff members...the stuff makes you feel welcomed from the onset. Had a great experience, with the exception of the parking. If they could just get a close by parking, the lodge would score a whopping 100%...again, excellent personnel, fully equipped rooms i.e. fridge, microwave, dstv, FREE WI-FI and brilliant decor....the staff members will even assist you even when they're off duty i.e. people like Ntuthuko is an asset in that lodge...not forgetting the price. You get all of this at an amazing price...I fully recommend this place!!!

Room Tip: All rooms are nice, so don't worry...I used 2 different rooms and they were equally nice
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 October 2015 via mobile

Alcazaba is interesting. From the out set do not use the online booking function for a room as they don't check it regularly and rather phone otherwise you will get there and the room you thought you booked is not available.

This is what happened to us. Luckily they had other room available that were adequate. The rooms a spacious and comfortable and clean. There is a fridge and microwave with crockery and cutlery in each room. The safe is tiny .... you might fit a mobile phone in it. Make sure you have an adaptor for charging mobile devices as there are no 2 pin plugs in the room.

Secure parking is provided across the road for an additional fee of R50.

They also serve breakfast and although we did not have it at the hotel I perused the menu and found it value for money especially seeing that it was at a hotel.

There are so many restaurants and takeaways around the hotel that the hardest part is deciding what to eat. On the whole it's a comfortable hotel with a few minor quirks. I would stay here again if I had to stay in Fordsburg. The area has changed since I was here 13 years ago and would not return in a hurry. But it was a fun stay none the less.

I should mention that you should try to shower early as hot water becomes very scarce. Management had to give us a room to use for showering as the rooms I had had no hot water on the Sunday morning when many people were checking out.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 April 2015

Wow! I had the best experience, the service was great and the rooms were beautiful and very clean. I was swept off my feet upon realising that the hotel has a prayer room. The rates are so affordable.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side are quieter.
  • Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 December 2014

I didnt stay here but I had breakfast 2 days in their restaurant. Its very tiny, seating maybe 20 diners but the breakfast is excellent value for money, prepared well and tasty. Staff are very helpful

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled with family