“Excellent day out”

and up
City Sightseeing Johannesburg Hop-On Hop-Off Tour
Ranked #4 of 98 Tours in Johannesburg
More attraction details
Owner description: For the best way to see Johannesburg & Soweto. Travel by double decker, open-top red bus. Explore the City of Gold’s attractions at your own pace. Simply hop off and on at any of our stops with your ticket. Buses connect to the unique Soweto taxi tour extension, allowing you to visit this vibrant area near Johannesburg. Regular departures, 7 days a week – from 9am daily. Secure parking and departure points at "The Zone in Rosebank" or start from our office near the Gautrain Station at Rosebank. Visit the Johannesburg Zoo, the Military Museum, the Roof of Africa on the 50th floor of the Carlton Center, the Apartheid Museum, Constitution Hill, James Hall Transport Museum and a lot more.
Reviewed 10 January 2017

An excellent way to be a tourist in one's own city. We went on a family excursion and had a great deal of fun. The commentary was very interesting. We appreciated the escort to the Carlton Centre viewing spot and back to the bus. Would definitely recommend this to others.

Reviews (1 033)

176 - 180 of 1 042 reviews

Reviewed 9 January 2017 via mobile

This was amazing, I was a bit late so I didn't hop off enough but the experience is great even for someone who lived in jhb. The discount for the bus tour participants is a superb idea and helped alot cost wise, it should state the sab tour is only open certain days. Will definitely do this again!!

Reviewed 9 January 2017

I only took this tour since it was New Years Day and I didn't have many options but I was pleasantly surprised and enjoyed the tour. The information on the audio was very helpful and I learned quite a bit about the city. Many attractions and museums were closed that day but they advised me of this before I bought the ticket and it was still worthwhile going on for me.

Reviewed 9 January 2017

We didn't have time to print our tickets and we were worried that it might be a problem, NO. The driver printed us the tickets using the reference number. The service is equal to any in the world (I had used the service in Singapore & Miami). The attractions where the bus stops are very interesting (e.g. Jo'burg Zoo, Sci-Bono, Zoo Lake, Apartheid Museum, Constitution Hill etc. The fact that there is a hostess on the bus helps a lot . The only thing that needs to be improved is keeping the bus clean at all times. When we hoped on in the afternoon, the bin was overflowing; water bottles, earphone wrappers and plastic bags were on the floor.

Reviewed 8 January 2017

I have done these bus trips in other countries but didn't think Joburg had much to offer from a touristy point of view. My 8 year old daughter and I had a lovely day on the bus. We found the staff really friendly and they even helped store our luggage for the day as we had come straight from the airport. The commentary was really interesting - I didn't know that Joburg is a huge manmade forest ! We felt safe and although we didn't have time to get off at most of the spots we really enjoyed the day. I would recommend for any visitor to Joburg and the locals :)