“Good historical information on audio portion of tour”

City Sightseeing Joburg
Book In Advance
More Info
US$14,09*
and up
City Sightseeing Johannesburg Hop-On Hop-Off Tour
Ranked #4 of 98 Tours in Johannesburg
More attraction details
Owner description: For the best way to see Johannesburg & Soweto. Travel by double decker, open-top red bus. Explore the City of Gold’s attractions at your own pace. Simply hop off and on at any of our stops with your ticket. Buses connect to the unique Soweto taxi tour extension, allowing you to visit this vibrant area near Johannesburg. Regular departures, 7 days a week – from 9am daily. Secure parking and departure points at Gautrain Station at Park and Gold Reef City Hotel. Visit the Apartheid Museum, Constitution Hill and James Hall Transport Museum and Mining District.
Reviewed 9 January 2017

I only took this tour since it was New Years Day and I didn't have many options but I was pleasantly surprised and enjoyed the tour. The information on the audio was very helpful and I learned quite a bit about the city. Many attractions and museums were closed that day but they advised me of this before I bought the ticket and it was still worthwhile going on for me.

Reviews (1 015)

159 - 163 of 1 016 reviews

Reviewed 9 January 2017

We didn't have time to print our tickets and we were worried that it might be a problem, NO. The driver printed us the tickets using the reference number. The service is equal to any in the world (I had used the service in Singapore & Miami). The attractions where the bus stops are very interesting (e.g. Jo'burg Zoo, Sci-Bono, Zoo Lake, Apartheid Museum, Constitution Hill etc. The fact that there is a hostess on the bus helps a lot . The only thing that needs to be improved is keeping the bus clean at all times. When we hoped on in the afternoon, the bin was overflowing; water bottles, earphone wrappers and plastic bags were on the floor.

Reviewed 8 January 2017

I have done these bus trips in other countries but didn't think Joburg had much to offer from a touristy point of view. My 8 year old daughter and I had a lovely day on the bus. We found the staff really friendly and they even helped store our luggage for the day as we had come straight from the airport. The commentary was really interesting - I didn't know that Joburg is a huge manmade forest ! We felt safe and although we didn't have time to get off at most of the spots we really enjoyed the day. I would recommend for any visitor to Joburg and the locals :)

Reviewed 7 January 2017 via mobile

Did the city tour on a very rainy day and it was time well spent.
The staff was friendly.
The buses were right on schedule which impressed me greatly.
Earphone commentary was clear and very interesting.
Neighborgoods market at the Braamfontein stop was amazing with the best paella I've ever had. The atmosphere was fantastic.

I would recommend starting early and decide which attractions you really want to visit as it's not possible to do explore every stop on the route.

Great value and service. On par with the rest of the world and better than some

Reviewed 6 January 2017 via mobile

Highly recommend activity to visit the whole Joburg! very dynamic and gives you the possibility to see all the main landmarks in a day!