“Pleasantly surprised..”

Cuisines: Sushi
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 6 November 2015

Yamazaki in Fourways pleasantly suprised me last night and this humble little spot has so many positives to it, that I will definitely be going back for again and again.

The sushi: Sushi portions, value-for-money and taste make this spot a 5/5 for me!

We selected Mayo Tofu Pouches, Salmon Gunkans, Smoked salmon & cheese California rolls, and a Smoked salmon hand roll which were delicious, but for me the top 3 of the evening were these:

1. Deluxe Salmon Temaki (hand roll): salmon, prawns, caviar and cucumber. DELICIOUS!
2. Flower shaped roses wrapped with generous portions of salmon and avocado topped with mayo & caviar.
3. Seared tuna sashimi.

The service: Luscious, who served us girls, was both friendly and efficient making sure that we were completely comfortable all evening whilst not being overbearing.

The ambiance: A lot of Chinese/Japanese restaurants (except for the high end ones that you pay an arm and a leg for) tend to not be very good in this department. However, Yamazaki, although humble, was different. Beautifully decorated booths, tastefully lit conveyor belt offerings and a central fish tank feature that was mesmerizing. 3/5 for me.

*Recommendation: You cannot go wrong with selecting these three: salmon roses, deluxe salmon hand roll and seared tuna sashimi!

For more, find me on Twitter: LaurasW0rld

1  Thank LaurasWorldza

Reviewed 29 October 2015

Great sushi bar, well prices sushi, freshly available off conveyor belt or to order to your table. Good service. Restaurant can get a bit crowded during peak times, but they will always try and make some additional space for you.

Reviewed 10 October 2015

Unsure as to the cleanliness of the restaurant inside and outside. Sushi prep counter cluttered with ingredients lying all around the counter. Uncleared tables from previous diners. I've tasted much more fresh, top quality sushi elsewhere. Service ok.

Reviewed 25 September 2015 via mobile

Terrible service
Room temperature sushi
And the place smells
No hand washing
Tons of staff, all talking among themselves

Reviewed 5 September 2015

Not bad sushi. I felt that they did not have a great selection and the "eat as much as you like" option had some exclusions of options which are my favourites. Found their rice a bit bland. I probably would go back, but I have found a few other sushi places which change a little more, but the quality of the sushi is slightly better quality. As I said, I would probably go back to check if my first impressions were correct. It was not a bad experience, just expected top quality and received good sushi.