“Perfect for Mom & Teen”

Go Safari - Day Safaris
More attraction details
Owner description: Go Safari specialize in families, couples and small groups so with us you are not just a number you are a special guest. We do not have scheduled departures. Go Safari will arrange your personalised dream safari to Southern Africa. On our Kruger Park Safaris, Pilanesberg Safaris, Madikwe Safaris we only use Private Safari Lodges, Victoria Falls, Botswana Safaris, Cape Town, luxury trains and road transfers to suit your budget and requirements can be arranged.
Reviewed 15 August 2017

My 14 year old son and I stayed at the Bakubung Lodge in Pilansburg. We absolutely loved the safaris. The guides were very knowledgeable, friendly, and helpful. The financial transaction was smooth and no problems with any fraud. We will definitely use Go Safari again!
***If taking a minor to South Africa without both birth parents, please be sure to have notarized documents from absent parent giving permission for the minor to travel to South Africa without him/her and original birth certificate and copies of the absent parent's passport or government ID. A law was passed in 2015 to help prevent children being trafficked into South Africa and you will not be allowed into the country without all these notarized documents. GO SAFARI alerted me to this right before our trip. SO THANKFUL for that because we had no idea we needed all those things in addition to passport. Guide book we had was written prior to the 2015 law passage. THANK YOU TO GO SAFARI for helping us avoid any problems at immigration control!

GoSafariSA, Owner at Go Safari - Day Safaris, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2017

Hi Brandie P

I am glad you had a great time at Bakubung and enjoyed the safaris, Bakubung is a nice lodge for teenagers with all the child friendly facilities they have. Thank you for taking the time to write this review a do appreciate it and for bringing up the Birth certificate requirements for other TripAdvisor guests to read about. Not all airlines warn you about this and it is a requirement that we in SA are still trying to get changed. It has caused many families to be refused boarding on their check in for the flight to SA. Especially as you were a single parent travelling with your son.

Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

First time in Johannesburg for the NBA Africa Game.

Booked the GoSafari which starts at 10am pickup at the hotel. Steven's driving skills are on point. He drives with the finesse and and grace of Stephen Curry. He never runs out of stories while you are on your way to Pilanesburg. His inputs were as informative as the stats analysis of the NBA. Sports fans cricket, prepare a ride of your lifetime as Stephen enthralls you with his stories.

When we arrived at Pilanesberg, we were greeted by leftovers in skin and bones of a Rhino. From this point, I knew the safari bug hit me instantly. No words can describe the feeling as National Geographic unfolds before your naked eyes.

A sumptuous buffet of different flavors await you at the campsite. Trust me, you will be hungrier than a lion when you get there. If you are a meat lover, you are in a treat as they serve the abundance of carcass where pork is pork and chicken is salad.

We started off the safari tour at 3pm. Doing the safari tour was like walking through the Bible. In fact in my facebook, i posted on that day I found paradise. I felt it and I was blown away by the reflection of heaven on Earth.

The Big 5 showed up that day. It was a bonus that we saw a leopard at dusk. We went home in full smiles and felt contented. It is not everyday you get to visit paradise. I will definitely do the safari again.

And if you are doing it in Pilanesberg, choose the GoSafari Team!

Hi Balt C

I must say a very BIG thank you for writing this amazing review and the kind words about Stephen, it is always nice to get feedback and to know our guides are doing their job well, being informative and making the day tour special.
You were lucky to get the Big 5 on one drive, that does not happen often, and you are correct Pilanesberg is an amazing and beautiful game reseve.
Now that the safari bug has bitten you I look forward to arranging a longer safari for you in the future.
Until then
Regards
Glen and the Go Safari Team!

Reviewed 8 August 2017

We recently used Go Safari to book a package safari. I contacted Glen and from the start he was very helpful. Our trip in June was the trip of a lifetime which is greatly to do with the help, tips and useful information given to us by Glen at Go Safari. He couldn't do enough for us and we would like to thank him greatly. I would highly recommend Go Safari to anyone planning a holiday to South Africa.

Hi Caral M2311

Thank you for the kind words and writing this great review. It was a pleasure to assist you and that you say “trip of a lifetime”. We always do our best to make sure our valuable guests have a good time while on holiday in South Africa.
I am looking forward to arranging another safari for you – once you have been on a safari in South Africa you will be back :).
Until then
Regards & thank you

Reviewed 2 August 2017

The driver was thoughtful, picked us up punctually, the open vehicle drive was fun! just missing the lion

GoSafariSA, Owner at Go Safari - Day Safaris, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2017

Hi Magmaggiegie
I am glad you had a great day in Pilanesberg and enjoyed the open vehicle drive. You will need to come back to see lions :).
Thank you for writing this review.
Regards

Reviewed 25 July 2017

I highly recommend GoSafari! I stumbled upon these guys on trip advisor, and decided to give them a shot. I sent countless emails inquiring about prices and excursions, and every time I got a quick and detailed response. I was traveling alone to Johannesburg for the weekend for the first time, and knew I really wanted to experience a safari. Their expertise really reassured me that I would have a good time, and helped work out all the small stuff I wouldn't have know about on my own. My guide and driver was Stephen. He picked me up first for the elephant interaction, and made sure I was comfortable and answered all of my questions. We then picked up the rest of the group for the safari portion. Stephen was very well knowledgeable of the areas we were going, and got us to the park early so that we could get good front seats. Lunch was also included and delicious! I highly recommend these guys whether you are a family or traveling alone. Their service is fantastic, and I will be using them again in the future!!!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
GoSafariSA, Owner at Go Safari - Day Safaris, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2017

Hi Jasmine P

Thank you for the great review and taking time to post it on TripAdvisor, I really appreciate it. It was a pleasure to help you by answering questions and making suggestions, this is the way we can get to and ideal itinerary to suit you. The elephant interaction is a nice add on to the Pilanesberg Day safari.
Thank you for the feedback on Stephen, it is always good to hear our guides are looking after our guests.
We look forward to arranging another safari for you when you visit Johannesburg again and hopefully a longer overnights safari.
Kind regards