Lowest prices for your stay
US$167
Reserve now, pay at stay
Expedia.comUS$168
eDreamsUS$167
ZenHotels.com
All reviews champagne bar rosebank mall level restaurant pillow menu high tea attention to detail elegant hotel rose petals rooms are beautiful south africa easy access gautrain station turndown doorman luxury boutique sa
Selected filters
Reviewed 7 April 2020

This hotel is conveniently located to visit the Rosebank Sunday and the Rosebank Art and Craft markets, along with the shopping mall in the same building.

We had a beautiful, well appointed room. Breakfast was lovely, although there were times when despite lots of staff around, service was slow.

Welcoming and friendly staff, particularly Donate our waiter at dinner both evenings and whenever we went to the bar or sat out by the pool. He recommended good wine and made good suggestions on what to choose from the menu.

We booked a tour recommended by the tour rep at the hotel (apologies, I can remember her name). Our actual tour guide on the day was a gentleman called Linda, who was very experienced and gave us a memorable tour, thank you Linda.

We would not hesitate to stay at 54 on Bath in the future.

Date of stay: February 2020
1  Thank 55 608 893
Reviewed 3 April 2020

We stayed only one night at 54 on Bath but it made a solid impression. our suite was stunning; large and beautifully appointed. The staff were friendly and attentive. The restaurant on level 4 was very good as well. The hotel is directly attached to a very nice shopping mall and is above a huge African crafts centre. I would definitely return there if I ever get back to Johannesburg.

Date of stay: February 2020
1  Thank DrillerBurlington
Reviewed 3 April 2020

I thoroughly enjoyed our time at 54 on Bath. My wife and I stayed there as part of our honeymoon and were absolutely pleased with the service and attention. The meals and rooftop seating were incredible and the staff were always cheerful. It was so convenient to be attached to mall as well for all of our needs. It is truly worth staying here while in Joburg.

Review collected in partnership with Tsogo Sun Hotels
Reviewed 23 March 2020

Thank you thank you thank you to all staff at your hotel, they went up and beyond to make my 60th Birthday very very special. From the moment of checking in to the moment we checked out it was all a wonderful experience. Thank you for changing our dinner booking to an in room dinner so that we could still celebrate my birthday .Even in room dining was so professionally handled with each course being explained fully at each serving. Wow wow that is all I can say regarding our experience.

Review collected in partnership with Tsogo Sun Hotels
1  Thank julie532
Reviewed 19 March 2020 via mobile

When I think of Johannesburg, I always think of the incredible energy and spirit of the many South Africans I’ve met. And on my recent trip, I was treated to the same beautiful and positive spirit by the staff at 54 on Bath - consistently smiling and engaging. Definitely some of the best customer service I experienced on this latest trip across AUS, NZ and SA.

In addition to the commitment to 5 star service, I found this property to be very clean and safe. As others have stated, the location allows one to walk around and explore Rosebank. I really appreciated the access to the malls since I needed to purchase some gifts for my family and to have some different dining options.

I took advantage of the fitness center associated with the property. While it’s not on the site, it’s only a very short walk through the mall and most importantly - it’s a complete fitness center with many cardio options, machines and free weights. Consistent with 54 on Bath, the staff at Viva Fitness were high energy and helpful.

The rooms at the property are very large and functional. The bed was comfortable and I enjoyed having the ability to open the windows to appreciate the fresh air. But if you prefer, there’s AC. The free WiFi was strong and consistent across the property and the room amenities were high quality. I always appreciate having a kettle in room for my morning coffee/tea. They also included some bottled water and three containers of snacks which were replenished daily.

Breakfast is my largest meal of the day so I was not disappointed at the Level 4 Restaurant. Plenty of options including eggs made to order: Ask for the veggie omelette with some chili. My favorite but I also enjoyed the egg and waffle combination. Enough variety to keep me satisfied over 4 days. And I need to recognize my server, Rose. She took very good care of me everyday and gave me some good tips about Johannesburg. I also got to meet the chef and she was such a talented and humble professional. I look forward to bringing my family and reuniting with the staff over a meal.

The hotel has a tour service in-house, Incredible Tours, which I used daily. Again - the staff were very professional and fun to engage with. I’ll write up a separate review for this company BUT having them onsite just makes coordinating your tours easy.

Overall - 5 star experience. Kudos for management for ensuring such a positive and proactive experiences for guests

Trip type: Travelled solo