Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
Free cancellation until 21/03/12
Booking.comUS$86
TravelocityUS$69
getaroom.comUS$96
All reviews living room own meals shopping centre self cater reception staff safe parking business trip checking out home from home rooms are spacious jo burg rosebank gautrain lounge security poolside bath
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 February 2020

I happily stayed at this hotel for about 3 years, but need to warn guests about the lax (non-existent) security at this hotel. While I was asleep (it was a Friday night), someone (or more than one) entered my room through the sliding door after midnight, and stole a diamond and topaz ring from next to my bed. It was one of a few items that I had placed on the side table, with my wristwatch, another dress ring, and a hearing aid. Only the valuable ring was gone. Guests need to make sure that the latch on the sliding door is working properly and at night, do not leave valuables next to your bed, but lock them in your suitcase (I don't trust the safety of the cupboard safe). There are no security cameras anywhere on the property and management did not seem to take my report seriously. There was no follow up.

Room tip: A room on the firs floor might be safer as access from the balcony will be more difficult
Date of stay: November 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 12 February 2020

Staff superb and location brilliant. Staff helpful in every way to the extent of making service seem personal . Room nice size and very comfortable.
City Lounge slightly unusal but very pleasant
Only slight criticism is hotel over charges for taxis

Date of stay: January 2020
Public Relations Manager, Agency / Consultant at Courtyard Hotel Rosebank, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2020

Thank you for staying with us. We are glad to hear that we met your expectations. It is always very rewarding to receive such great feedback. We look forward to having you stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 31 January 2020

This is a gem. Lovely pool and mature lush gardens replete with giant turtles. Rooms have bedroom, bath, living room, dining area and fully equipped kitchenette. Two stories so it feels like home rather than a big hotel. Across from large shopping complex with groceries, pharmacies, shops, bars and restaurants. Gated and safe. Friendly staff. Amenities abound down to sunscreens at poolside. I’m always debating whether to bring sunscreen, after sun, etc on a business trip and here, the problem was solved for me.

Room tip: Choice is first or second floor. Away from Oxford is probably quieter but no honking is allowed in this city so it’s pretty quiet.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank marybymcdonnell

We are so pleased to read such a review! Thank you for staying with us and commending our staff for their great efforts to give you a comfortable stay, meeting all your requirements and needs. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back soon

Reviewed 27 January 2020 via mobile

I was very surprised with this hotel. Conveniently located right next to Rosebank mall. Enough and safe parking close enough to your room. The rooms are spacious with good lighting something you rarely find nowadays. The kitchenette is a nice touch to the room. The staff are friendly and helpful. We enjoyed our stay.

Trip type: Travelled on business

Thank you for staying with us and for the positive review. We look forward to having you stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 15 December 2019 via mobile

The hotel is well situated on Cnr Oxford & Tyrwhitt Ave, Rosebank. It has a homey feel and the room was spacious. However my stay has some unpleasant challenges, no WiFi in my room(some rooms had). I was on a business trip and this was necessary for emails and work. There’s an office close to the reception that was available with WiFi but it was inconvenient to have to go down all the time. The staff were not very empathetic about that and the brief water outage experience. Also when I decided to move to another hotel they made no attempt to stop me or change my room. It could have otherwise been a good stay.

Date of stay: November 2019