Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
mulan
Chicago, Illinois

Wonderful experience, made first trip to South Africa Great!

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 4 weeks ago
Greatest choice I have made of a hotel in a decade! Excellent service, even the felow guests were great! And for a trip that I had zero planned, and zero scheduled, I really did rest and relax after Boston's winter. African Pride's service markets South Africa well. Thank you so much Customer Relations Manager Dingaane and everyone else who cared and served me well. Great suggestions of places to eat, services arranged, you all were fantastic. I will be back again and again. Has to be the best Marriot Hotel!!! African Pride's Luxury (5 star) Beat out Martinique New York on Broadway, Curio Collection (by Hilton) by miles.
Date of stay: April 2024
Room Tip: Zero Complaints about hotel. Explore other restaurants around the area and seek recommendations...
Trip type: Travelled solo
5.0 of 5 bubblesValue
5.0 of 5 bubblesRooms
5.0 of 5 bubblesLocation
5.0 of 5 bubblesCleanliness
5.0 of 5 bubblesService
5.0 of 5 bubblesSleep Quality
Monica Da Encarnacao, Guest Services / Front Office at African Pride Melrose Arch, Autograph Collection®, responded to this review
Responded 3 weeks ago
Dear 362millis,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us on TripAdvisor, it is truly appreciated. I am absolutley thrilled to hear all about your experience and how all our associates were able to make the stay memorable! Dingaan aka Mr. D is an absolute treasure and I will be certain to share your kind words with him directly.

We all cannot wait to welcome you back home for yet another experience "Exactly like nothing else"

R 5 670
3.0 km from African Pride Melrose Arch, Autograph Collection®
R 1 653
3.1 km from African Pride Melrose Arch, Autograph Collection®
R 1 775
Enroll free for lower prices
    R 1 543
    R 826
    R 986
8.2 km from African Pride Melrose Arch, Autograph Collection®
View more hotels in Johannesburg
All reviews melrose arch library bar march restaurant shops and restaurants breakfast buffet beautiful hotel rooms are spacious business hotel attention to detail south africa tub doorman precinct uber
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 May 2024 via mobile

My go to haven for Johannesburg. Being within Melrose Arch gives you safe access to shops and restaurants. The hotel is excellent. Friendly staff, great rooms and excellent food. It's hard to find fault. Location is good for Sandton with easy access to road networks.

Room tip: There is self safe parking. It is R75 per day. Always check Google maps for traffic updates as at certain times of the day Joburg traffic can get hectic.
Date of stay: May 2024
Trip type: Travelled on business
Monica Da Encarnacao, Guest Services / Front Office at African Pride Melrose Arch, Autograph CollectionR, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2024

Dear 158chasw,

Thank you for taking the time to share your most recent experience with us on TripAdvisor! We truly value all feedback received from our esteemed guests.

I am delighted to note that you were able to have such a memorable experience with us, in the safety of Melrose Arch.

Reviewed 5 May 2024

Great hotel

The staff were extremely helpful and pleasant.
The room was spacious with an enormous bed.
The breakfast had great variety and it would be impossible not to find something you liked.
The pool was just about big enough but the water was freezing, I only got in once :-)
The restaurant was very good but a little pricey.
Loads of different restaurants nearby.
Very safe area with a good selection of shops.

We would definitely stay here again.

Room tip: Small pool, not many sunbeds
Date of stay: April 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Mandycat54,

Sadly, our pool is not heated, which might not be handy now in Autumn, but I can assure you it is absolutely refreshing during our summer months.

I am thrilled to note that beyond the cold pool water, you were able to have an experience "Exactly like nothing else" which is precisely what we aim to achieve as an Autograph Collection hotel.

We all cannot wait to welcome you back home soon!

Reviewed 1 March 2024 via mobile

First of all, the staff are AMAZING!! They are so friendly and helpful! Every single staff member I interacted with from various departments, were all well trained and wonderful. I'll honestly come back to this property for this reason alone.

The hotel is designed and decorated by very artsy people and it's lovely!

The room was spacious, and it was one of the cleanest hotel rooms and bathrooms I've had in a long while!! The bed was not so comfy as I found it a bit hard, but that is maybe just me.

The breakfast was lovely, and there's a nice variety. I had dinner in the same restaurant and it was fabulous. To anyone reading this, Trust me, try the pork belly!

The only two negative points I have is the noise of nearby restaurants. I was on the 3rd floor, and for two nights, I was kept up by the drunk and rowdy crowds in those establishments until 3am. The other point is the curtains in the room. It's oversized and does not close properly, so light comes in during the night.

Date of stay: February 2024
Trip type: Travelled on business
Monica Da Encarnacao, Guest Services / Front Office at African Pride Melrose Arch, Autograph CollectionR, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2024

Dear DesertLeo84,

Thank you for taking the time to share such comprehensive feedback with us on TripAdvisor. We truly value all feedback received from our esteemed guests.

I would like to extend my apologies that our curtains did not allow for complete darkness, our housekeeping team will be investigating and making the necessary changes. We do have rooms that face our pool area for guests that would prefer a quieter room, on your next stay with us we will be sure to allocate you into one of those.

I am thrilled to note that you were able to have an experience "Exactly like nothing else" which is what we aim for, as an Autograph Collection hotel.

We cannot wait to welcome you back home soon.

Reviewed 25 January 2024 via mobile

I stayed at this property for two nights. The Wi-Fi worked well and the staff were very nice. There is no gym so they have a deal with a gym in the complex for use. Fitness classes are extra. The restaurant was great for dinner and had a good breakfast, the air-conditioning didn’t work well but I was able to get a fan after calling a few times the pool is not really swimmable and only has six lounge chairs so it’s not very inviting especially with construction noise. There is a mall and a bunch of restaurants in the complex. I would go stir crazy after more than a day staying at this property but it was decent

Date of stay: January 2024
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Monica Da Encarnacao, Guest Services / Front Office at African Pride Melrose Arch, Autograph CollectionR, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2024

Dear gijadenyc,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us on Tripadvisor. We truly value all feedback received from our esteemed guests.

We are located in the safe and secure Melrose Arch precinct, which is a lifestyle center, boasting restaurants, stores and more for guests to safely enjoy. My apologies for the inconvenience experienced with the AC, our Engineering team will be investigating further.

As we are more of a corporate hotel, our swimming pool is not the largest, though it is a firm favorite based on its concept design.

I am delighted to note that you were able to experience the amazing service from our team. I will be sure to share your kind comments with all.

We truly do look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 13 January 2024 via mobile

A highly recommend this hotel for a trip to Joburg. It is centrally located. The service is excellent. The rooms are lovely and spacious. The hotel has a an excellent restaurant which I would also highly recommend. There are also lots of options for food shops very close by

Room tip: Try the restaurant!
Date of stay: January 2024
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Monica Da Encarnacao, Guest Services / Front Office at African Pride Melrose Arch, Autograph CollectionR, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2024

Dear DanellaE,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us on Tripadvisor. We truly value all feedback received from our esteemed guests.

We endeavor to provide experiences "exactly like nothing else" as per Autograph Collection standards and I am thrilled to note we were able to deliver just that.

We all cannot wait to welcome you back home soon.

Warm regards