Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.comUS$131
eDreamsUS$131
Booking.comUS$131
Agoda.comUS$130
AutographUS$131
Prestigia.comUS$204
All reviews melrose arch virgin gym travel desk gated community safe area shops and restaurants car service beautiful hotel rooms are large walk around turn down service business trip attention to detail south africa marriott tub uber
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 September 2020 via mobile

My fiancé and I stayed at African Pride, the service given by Wynard, Pinkie and Maggie was excellent and made us feel right at home. I would go back to stay at the hotel just to talk to them some more. We booked a larger guest room. If you like modern decor, this is the place. Plus you can walk to restaurants, a bar and shops. I really enjoyed my stay.

Date of stay: September 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Tania Malan, General Manager at African Pride Melrose Arch Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2020

Dear 613johnnyj,

Many thanks for your fantastic review of our property! Indeed, the passion, warmth and friendliness of our STAFF is one of our strongest assets – we are so happy that this was palpable to you through your interaction with Wynand, Pinkie and Maggie – some of our greatest ambassadors!

Indeed, we are incredibly fortunate to call the Melrose Arch lifestyle development our home – a ‘city within a city’ that is the perfect place to eat, stay, work and of course play.

We so look forward to hosting you again on your next stay so that we can extend to you yet another outstanding stay!

The TEAM at the African Pride Melrose Arch Hotel, Autograph Collection

Reviewed 15 April 2020

I had to move to The African Pride Hotel after Marriott Johannesburg shutdown due to the coronavirus lockdown, and i stayed there for 3 weeks.

But, now this hotel will be my first choice every time I am in Johannesburg ! And here are the main reasons for that

-1) Their GM, "Tania Malan" who went out of her way to make sure i had a comfortable and pleasant stay. Her attention to detail in ensuring the comfort of her guests is exceptional !

2) Her entire staff - Hotel Manager, " HEINRICH GöTTSCHE" and Front Office Manager " Chad Louw" , Katharina, house keeping, in room dining and restraunt staff, all made sure that in-spite of the tough coronavirus situation, the comfort of the guests was not compromised

3) Also, the decor and ambience of the hotel is quite nice.

A+++. When i Jo'burg and looking for a place to stay........head straight to The African Pride !

Date of stay: March 2020
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
APMelroseArch, Manager at African Pride Melrose Arch Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2020

Dear PRAO2K1062,

Reviews such as yours truly bring the satisfaction of being a hotelier to life.

Personalisation of each and every guest experience is what we are here to do - thank you for showing us that this never goes unnoticed.

It was such a pleasure to host you, and we are so looking forward to hosting you again on your next extended trip to Jo'burg!

Till then, safe travels!

Reviewed 2 April 2020

I really liked this hotel, it was a safe area surrounded by places to eat and some shopping so basic needs could be easily met without being completely dependent on the hotel. Melrose Arch is a cute little area, geared at pedestrians and feels really safe. I did go for a walk and felt a change once out of the immediate little bubble but I still felt safe. The hotel itself was nicely appointed, comfortable, clean and the staff were pleasant. I would recommend the hotel and think I would have liked it even more if the weather had been nicer so the pool area would be more welcoming. The hotel really was all good, no complaints, even decent value for money. However, I would likely stay on more of a train line if I returned. I didn’t like that transportation had to combine train plus Uber or bus. I think there may be other safe areas that also feel less isolated.

Date of stay: December 2019
APMelroseArch, Guest Relations Manager at African Pride Melrose Arch Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2020

Dear Eskarrina_travels,

Our heartfelt gratitude to you for taking the time to complete the review and share your honest feedback on your recent stay at the African Pride Melrose Arch Hotel, Autograph Collection.

We are so pleased to hear that you so enjoyed your stay, and of course - we are exceptionally lucky to call the Melrose Arch lifestyle development our home – a safe and secure destination where one can eat, play, shop and of course stay – all in an al-fresco style, cosmopolitan environment.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we are so thrilled to hear that you would recommend us. We hope to have the pleasure of serving you again in the future and hopefully the weather will allow for some sun bathing in our pool deck just as you would like it.

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed 12 March 2020

Business type hotel though of better quality than most. Check in after a long flight from the UK was a pain 'not until 3pm' Good location for the Melrose Arch complex which is a 'town' encompassed by security, so wandering about in both the daytime and at night to the many restaurants and bars is relaxing and enjoyable. Lots of shops here too. Good restaurant and a bar looking out towards to square, adequate pool and limited sunbeds plus outside tables some of which are uniquely placed in around 300mm of water to keep you cool!

Room tip: Rooms at the front overlook the square and at the back overlook the pool
Date of stay: January 2020
APMelroseArch, Guest Relations Manager at African Pride Melrose Arch Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2020

Dear Parottuk,

Thank you for taking the time to complete this review with regards to your recent stay at the African Pride Melrose Arch Hotel, Autograph Collection.

It is, however, quite saddening that our Front Office TEAM failed to exceed your expectations on this occasion. We pride ourselves on them being our ambassadors, who deliver the most excellent service. Please rest assured that we will most certainly use your feedback to look into where it is we went wrong on your check-in process, and of course, to re-inforce our culture and commitment to service excellence with the TEAM.

We are so pleased to hear that you so enjoyed the appointment of our bedrooms, and of course - we are exceptionally lucky to call the Melrose Arch lifestyle development our home – a safe and secure destination where one can eat, play, shop and of course stay – all in an al-fresco style, cosmopolitan environment.

Thank you once again for choosing us, and we hope to have the pleasure of serving you again in the future.

Regards,

Reviewed 5 March 2020

A really lovely hotel and my favorite in Johannesburg. The staff are friendly and charming and go out of their way to be helpful. The food is excellent and they happily accommodate dietary needs. The bedrooms are really comfortable and stylish. My only complaint is the perfume smell in the reception area that makes me sneeze! Melrose Arch has good security and as a woman travelling on my own I always feel safe walking around the shops.

Date of stay: October 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank moirac677
APMelroseArch, Guest Relations Manager at African Pride Melrose Arch Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2020

Dear moirac677,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on your recent stay with us at the African Pride Melrose Arch Hotel, Autograph Collection.

At the outset, we would like to thank you for rating us a whole 5-star!

We so appreciate your feedback, and are of course so pleased to hear that you found our STAFF to be welcoming, bedrooms to be at your comfort and of course our Team takes immense pride in offering an unrivalled and passionate food experience.

Thank you for bringing the perfume smell to our attention. Our signature scent, Davidoff Cool Waters, cannot be used when the Hotel’s heating system is on thus we resorted to a mobile unit, which might then need to be adjusted.

Thank you for the amazing review on everything as we are ecstatic to see that we could make your stay Exactly Like Nothing Else!

Regards,