Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Vera V

5-star service

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 03 May 2024
Although this hotel is showing signs of wear and tear the friendly staff and excellent service truly make up for the maintenance needed here and there.
The safe was not working in our room upon arrival but it was sorted out in no time at all. I requested an iron and ironing board which was delivered to the room a short time later. We phoned to order additional milk with the complimentary tea/coffee which was brought to our room within a few minutes. We placed a quick supper order and yet again our order was executed correctly and delivered to the door by a friendly member of the team.
We have stayed at this hotel quite a few times over the years and so far have not been disappointed and would not consider booking elsewhere should we have an opportunity for another stay in the future!
It would be truly amazing should the owners of the property have the opportunity to refurbish the hotel in the near future, as the hardworking team certainly deserves to work in a 5-star environment befitting the level of their commitment to making every guest experience unforgettable.
Date of stay: May 2024
    R 2 071
  • eDreams
11.7 km from Garden Court Eastgate
View more hotels in Johannesburg
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 19 March 2024

This is most disappointing hotel I've ever step in, after checking in at 2pm ,I realised that the ac was not working,room smell bad ,bed was broken but since I was going out immediately, I place the ac on and left , came back at 8pm to find the room still hot nothing is fixed ,big mosquitoes bite us, I polity as for a check out and was told its all okay but to later in the morning found out that I will not get my refund since I paid cash and they even charged me 1400 rand for one night of hell. The ladies at the reception show no interest or empathy in the situation and the level.of customer service was zero, we had to make a scene get our money back cause they had no idea that ,we worked in hotels also and we know the procedure and we would never handle our guest in such way,breakfast was very bad ,do not even think of trying this place ,cause for me this is not a hotel , I will never recommend this place to anyone ,there are far more better options in the same vicinity. But not this one ,

Room tip: Train your staff customer service, clean the rooms, fix your ac.
Date of stay: February 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank A2779ZI
Noel A Macquet, General Manager at Garden Court Eastgate, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2024

Dear A2779ZI, we thank you for taking the time to complete a Review on TripAdvisor, following your stay at the Garden Court Eastgate Hotel. Your feedback is always valued and greatly appreciated. Your scores and comments "Worse experience I've had' have been duly noted with much appreciation. The once again regret to read your dissatisfaction on here, further to your feedback at the hotel and again on Google Review. We trust that the feedback offered for the issues raised both face to face and again on Google review was satisfactory and cleared up any misunderstanding that may have existed. We do once again apologise for any inconvenience that these may have caused, especially most of which were beyond our control. We truly appreciate and value your patronage. With renewed appreciation and kind regards, Noël A. Macquet, General Manager

Reviewed 15 June 2023

Received horrible service from the management of this establishment. I am a regular client who frequents the place, and will no longer be booking with them again. Went down for breakfast at 10.20am, was told that it is management's time to eat breakfast and that it closed for clients at 10am. About 5 or 6 management staff were there dishing up, 2 of them reprimanded me on two separate occasions about how i am not to dish up since breakfast closed at 10am for clients. I ended up leaving (without eating) after being given a mouthful by the white manager over food.

Room tip: Don't book this Garden Court if you want to be treated like a customer.
Date of stay: June 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank Thulisa Z
Noel A Macquet, General Manager at Garden Court Eastgate, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2023

Dear thulisaz

We are most grateful and appreciative that you chose to stay at and experience our hotel, Garden Court Eastgate during your current trip to Johannesburg and especially for taking the time to do a review of your experience on TripAdvisor. Your patronage and support is greatly appreciated always and so is your feedback which is most welcomed and valued.

The entire Garden Court Eastgate Team is most appreciative indeed to read your review entitled "Management believes they are superior to paying customers". Your feedback have all been humbly noted and shared with the respective Management and staff, for which we are most thankful.

Based on your conversations with hotel management, Customer Contact Manager as well as your comments and feedback in this review, I would like to humbly offer our responses as follows:

- Although there were food still on the buffet, they were not up to our usual standard due to breakfast closing at 10h00.

- The mentioning of 'Management eating' was purely to respond to your comment about other people are eating but we are closed. As explained, Management normally have their breakfast after the restaurant has closed to guests.

- We do regret and apologise if we have created the unintended and incorrect impression that management believes they are superior to paying guests and for any negative impact that it created. We do value and respect all our guests as we do our employees.

We thank you once again for your feedback which is always greatly valued and notwithstanding your comments, we do hope that we will be afforded another opportunity to have the privilege of welcoming you back to Garden Court Eastgate in the near future for a much improved stay, when you are next in Johannesburg.

Reviewed 1 January 2023

First off my family and I got here and we had to take our bags in ourselves ,we have paid for a room for 5 and they gave us a 4 sleeper , when they came to clean our room they left dirt around the room and they only gave 2 glasses and 2 mugs and when we asked for more they said that we have to buy from the restaurant (which is haraam and we are Muslims so we could not order) and compared to Sandton garden court this is terrible

Date of stay: December 2022
1  Thank Fearless00335534593

Dear Fearless00335534593

We are most grateful and appreciative that you chose to stay at and experience our hotel, Garden Court Eastgate during your recent trip to Johannesburg and especially for taking the time to do a review of your experience on TripAdvisor. Your patronage and support is greatly appreciated always and so is your feedback which is most welcomed and valued.

The entire Garden Court Eastgate Team is most appreciative indeed to read your review entitled "Terrible experience". Your feedback have all been humbly noted and shared with the respective Management and staff, for which we are most thankful.

Based on your comments and feedback, I would like to humbly offer our responses as follows:

- Although this hotel dos not have Porters as such due to business demands, we do offer luggage trolleys and do provide assistance when requested.

- Our Family/Twin rooms, as in all Garden Court hotels, accommodates and maximum of 2 adults and 2 children under 18 years of age (4 pax) on two double beds and therefore the booking system is designed as such. The tea/coffee amenities and towels in the bathroom should be increased from the standard 2 each to accommodate 4. We do apologise if on this occasion, they were amended accordingly.

We thank you once again for your feedback which is always greatly valued and do hope that we will be afforded another opportunity to have the privilege of welcoming you back to Garden Court Eastgate in the near future for a much improved stay, when you are next in Johannesburg.

Reviewed 26 December 2022 via mobile

The cleanliness of the hotel, friendly staff, ramps for disabled is one of the things that impressed me the most. Breakfast was nice but need to improve there and there atleast add more variety of cakes, eg; scones, biscuits and muffins. Emma Mogoba

Date of stay: December 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Emma Mogoba

The entire Garden Court Eastgate Team is most appreciative indeed to read your review entitled "I enjoyed my stay at your hotel. Hope to be back soon.". Your feedback have all been humbly noted and shared with the respective Management and staff, for which they are most thankful.

We thank you once again for your feedback which is always greatly valued and notwithstanding your last comments, we do hope that we will be afforded another opportunity to have the privilege of welcoming you back to Garden Court Eastgate in the near future for a much improved stay, when you are next in Johannesburg.

Reviewed 13 November 2022 via mobile

•When you arrive at the hotel, there is no porter to help you with your million bags 😢
The staff at reception/restaurant are very friendly

•The location is ok, too busy and untidy for my liking, unless you want to go to the mall

•The rooms were fine, kept clean everyday. The bed is comfortable. Unfortunately, you have to request the fridge and if you not lucky to get the only 4 or 5 fridges that they have in their entire hotel, too bad.
What hotel comes with no fridge? This is a necessity!!!

•My view was an ugly taxi rank with some bird nest and pigeon poop on my window. I couldn’t even open my window for some fresh air. The birds would perk away at my window and wake me up in the early hours of the morning ☹️

•They have a small gym, which I can live with. It’s better then nothing
The pool was always dirty and full of leaves. If there is a giant tree over the pool, then it would be best to get a pool cover

•I wasn’t particularly excited about the location in Bruma. It’s like downtown, very busy with no pavements to walk/run on

•The food was such such a let down
The different food stations are not labeled so you don’t know what you are eating.
Breakfast was ok. The only things I enjoyed were the croissants, hash browns and fish cake
There was no buffer diner and the room service was not the best on most days.

•I ordered a salad that had avo that was brown and the lettuce was cut in such huge slices and was not even green. I can mention so many things about the food but I’m too lazy to get into it. It was just not great

•You need to have an adapter to charge multiple electronics since they did not even have the modern charging ports that every hotel has. They only have the shaving port and you can only charge one phone at a time

•A lot needs to be done to improve this hotel.
I certainly won’t be back and wouldn’t recommend it to any of my family/friends

Zoe

Date of stay: October 2022
Trip type: Travelled on business
Noel A Macquet, General Manager at Garden Court Eastgate, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2022

Dear SandileNtando

The entire Garden Court Eastgate Team is most appreciative indeed to read your review entitled "Not the best hotel to go to unless you cant afford anything else". Your feedback have all been humbly noted and shared with the respective Management and staff, for which they are most thankful.

- Fridges in all the rooms was not a standard for Garden Court Hotels and at the time that this hotel was built however, as some of our properties in Southern Sun are being refurbished, these are being added in as a standard.

- We have taken and continue to take step to control the pigeons, who are endemic to this area. We do apologise that on this occasion, they were a nuisance and impacted your stay negatively.

- We do have other rooms that do not face the mountain and the Taxi Holding Area which is only in operation during the day. In future, may we suggest that you request a room move, if you are not entirely satisfied with the room allocated.

- Unfortunately during your stay, the weather was rather erratic and unpredictable and although we do have a pool cleaning schedule in place and try our best to keep the pool clean at all times, these efforts are hampered by the weather.

- We do have labels for our buffet items which seems not to have been displayed during your stay and has been addressed with the kitchen management team. We only offer Buffet Dinner when the business demand warrants it for practical and feasibility reasons. A la Carte menu is always available in the restaurant or for IN-Room dining convenience.

- We do apologise that the Avocado served to you was not up to expectation and regret to hear that you were dissatisfied with the food in general.

- International and Local Adaptors are available on request from reception for safeguarding and practical reasons where a small deposit is charged to your room and reversed once returned.