“Valentines Treat!!”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 16 February 2016

In the middle of a residential area in a little shopping complex is this gem of a restaurant. Impeccable service - a charming owner, her daughter and a chef will chat with you and walk you through each dish and flavour you experience. They give you a background and explain the idea behind each dish so you can make the perfect choice tailored to your taste buds. The menu and décor have inspirational messages all over from famous people around the world which the owner explains was all a part of her journey. Very sincere and welcoming people!! This is a personal touch and adds to your eating experience. The ambience is cosy and romantic. The dishes - to die for!! Authentic Italian at its best!! I am normally fussy about Italian restaurants and always have high expectations but this place passed with flying colours. Their passion comes through in the food! Rich, flavourful and unique flavours in each dish and I am dying to go back to try their stuffed calamari which I heard so much about. What a variety is available on the menu! I had the ravioli and almost cried when it was finished! Note: don't do the half portions! you will need more!!

Reviewed 15 February 2016

It was the second time that I have been to cafe del sol.The place was fully booked and you will understand once you eat their food . The second experience was even better than the first time I went ther, The lamb chops and seafood risotto was so good.I would definitely recommend it .

Reviewed 13 February 2016

My husband and I went to Cafe del Sol for our anniversary recently because we have always wanted to go but it is out of the way compared to the options around Sandton and Parkhurst. It is in Olivedale, in a small shopping centre that doesn't speak to the level of this place at all!

The menu was varied and all the food we ordered was amazing. The squid head starter was a little large for my tastes and if perfect for sharing. The salmon I had for my main course was well cooked, but on the smaller side. I had the chocolate spring rolls for dessert and it was excellent.

Service was a little slow, but I always say, rather slow than rushed and rude.

It was overall a good experience for the cost, but I am not sure I will make the trip out there! It is far from Sandton!

Reviewed 10 February 2016

Great Birthday celebration. I loved the food and the ambience. I had the ravioli as a recommendation from the manager and it was absolutely divine. Their seafood risotto was also great

Reviewed 10 February 2016

This is a really lovely restaurant. The atmosphere, the staff, the food I really couldn't fault the place. I love that the kitchen is open and accessible. The decor is tasteful, the background music is of a good choice, it is obviously a well loved place by both the owners, staff and patrons. Beautiful!