“Tasty food and generous portions”
Review of Spiceburg

Spiceburg
Ranked #89 of 1 421 Restaurants in Johannesburg
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 26 March 2017

This restaurant offers tasty indian food, including vegetarian, chicken or meat dishes with typical side dishes like naan. The food had the right balance of spiciness while still being tasty and the naan bread was one of the best I've eaten in a restaurant.

It's tucked away in the complex and the complex itself offers limited street parking, so go early and find a good spot.

All in all one of the best indian meals I've had in a restaurant

1  Thank ryamarim

Reviewed 10 March 2017 via mobile

I visited spiceburg on a random Friday evening, the place wasn't packed at all.

The service is okay, not the best but okay. The waiters are not as tentive as one would expect.

The food was very rich in taste and texture. Is very well made and presented, enjoyed it. The price is also well placed.

Definitely a good spot!

2  Thank NduvhoM2
Reviewed 2 February 2017

We enjoy the food their but mainly good location where you sit on the busy Greenside street and enjoy the vibe out of shopping centres. Perfect for Fridays and Saturdays, prices are on a normal side

1  Thank EA_Oussov
Reviewed 23 January 2017

Whenever I visit a friend in Johannesburg we come here for dinner. Service is friendly and efficient, the food is delicious and there are always lots of lovely vegetarian options for me to choose from. We ate there last Thursday and I had something with cashew and peas (sorry I can't remember the name), so simple but utterly delicious, a perfect combination of delicate flavours. Reasonably priced too.

Reviewed 10 January 2017

Out of our local curry houses, Spiceburg for us offers the best flavour and ingredients this side of teh Scottish border! The flavours are typically consistently really good. Sometimes the intensity of heat can vary, in that a mild can one day be a mild and a month later will seem like an extra hot. I often think this may be more due to the intensity of the chillis used, but I do believe a good hchef takes this into account. Either way, I like it hot so if it's a bit hotter than normal, I don't mind. The flavours of dishes are consistent, the quality of the ingredients are great, and the service is always good with a smile. Happy smiley patrons make good clients, and in turn make happy smiley service! We've always had a good chat with our waiters. It loses a star from me for the drinks. The alcohol selection is good but this is an area where consistency lacks. This applies to on-tap beer as well as mixed cocktails, which, as far as most restaurants are concerned, isn't bad, but could do with improving. Food delivery is fast, and carry outs are as good as sit in.

This is my first choice for curry in and around the Greenside/Linden area.