“Sat night with out ”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 7 February 2018 via mobile

I went with friends for a sat night dinner - my one mate is very allergic to seeds and nuts - we were initially a bit worried. On notifying the manager he made food recommendations and we had an unbelievable evening the food was fantastic and service was also excellent - will definitely be back soon. Thanks team THAVA

1  Thank wazza5000
vibin v, General Manager at Thava Indian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2018

Dear. Thank you so much for your support and valuable comment. Look forward to hosting you again. thanks vibin

Reviewed 17 January 2018 via mobile

I understand that sometimes restaurants make mistakes and that food maybe some times not as the standard they aim for, I have had one of those experiences to which I expressed my views. It was not more than 24hrs that I had received a call from the manager expressing his regret that I did not experience the great reviews which many share. I went back after two months, the manager remembered me and showed me a point by producing the freshest, most delicious Indian dishes I’ve ever tasted!!!

vibin v, General Manager at Thava Indian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2018

Reviewed 15 January 2018

We been to this place couple of times during our visit to South Africa.

I am awed by this place especially due to the hospitality and ofcourse the food.

Inspite of being a group of almost 125 people they could manage well for us as they are adequately staffed.

Coming to the food they did serve us a lot of vegetarian food. The roti / bread were fresh and well baked. They did have a lot of Non Veg options and Jain Food options too.

I have been told that the Indian Cricket team too visits here for meals.

vibin v, General Manager at Thava Indian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2018

Reviewed 20 December 2017

From the authentic curries to the excellent dhosas and 1st class service this is by far the best Indian restaurant I have visited in Johannesburg.

1  Thank puntamax
vibin v, General Manager at Thava Indian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 25 December 2017

Reviewed 11 December 2017

Thava is one of the better Indian restaurants in Johannesburg and certainly the best in the Norwood area of Johannesburg. Good friendly service and very tasty food in a quite a large menu which has good vegetarian, fish and meat curries/tandoori etc selections. Will be back !

vibin v, General Manager at Thava Indian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2017