Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
robsagulhas85
Cape Town, South Africa

Great stay

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 19 Mar 2024
The hotel was comfortable and well maintained. The rooms are clean and adequate for a good night’s rest. The breakfast is basic and there is plenty of coffee to keep one going. The front desk is very responsive and friendly.
Trip type: Travelled on business
    R 5 846
    R 7 901
3.1 km from Radisson RED Johannesburg Rosebank
View more hotels in Johannesburg
All reviews great stay rooftop bar business trip recommend this hotel enjoyed my stay rooms are modern night stay rosebank reception mirror facilities security mall
Selected filters
Reviewed 14 March 2024 via mobile

so bear with me, its a long but honest review,
rooms are okay, not the best ever, food wise its all a bid sad but the worst of the worst is the service in this hotel, let me tell you why,
I came to Johannesburg for only 2 days, one day I wanted to use for a safari tour on the Pilanusberg, the Radisson red had a tour package available, 2 hours ground transport, 5 hours in the park and then 2 hours back in the early morning, for 200 dollars. Fair enough so I booked it with the front desk so to have the tour the next day. Also a wake up was requested, since I was pretty tired from work and I asked how I could pay the guide.
The next day, two hours after what was supposed to be the pickup time, I woke up, no calls, no knocks nothing. I immediately called the front desk, yes sir the guide came and left (the front desk had sent him home), I asked why no wake up call or at least a call when the guide came. In stead of an honest answer I got a discussion and bad attitude from the front desk.I got dressed and went downstairs to see what was going on. The lady (same one as who I made the reservation with), behind the desk again started with a discussion in stead of an apology, I did not ask for a wake up call and when they called the room I did not answer. When I asked which room they called, it turned out they had been calling the wrong room to begin with, which turned out to be empty. They had my name, they had my room number when I made the reservation, they can see in the system they have that the room they were calling was empty. So basically a real screw up from them. Still no apology, just only a discussion etc. I asked for the manager to have a word with him.
At 8 am, the manager called me and we had a word, at least he apologised, but nothing more. I was asked what would be the proper solution. This safari was one of the reasons for me to come to Johannesburg. They would call the guide to see if I could do an afternoon tour. After 20 minutes they called back and said I could go at 12. I agreed so not to loose the day. In the end we spent 3,5 hours (Almost double) the time for ground transport and only 2 hours in the park. Still I had to pay 200 dollars. Again lousy deal by the hotel, the guide informed them, but they did not inform me.
When I came home, I called the hotel 3 times to get hold of the proper manager. Dominique Windgrove, leading manager finally came in touch after 3 phone calls, asking me to mail the problem directly to info@,... again no personal attention in this case. After 3 more mails Dominique came with the following resolution, one night for free and discount on the safari of 50%, sorry but I am not going to buy an expensive ticket to stay in a hotel that made such big issues and does not even have the decency to make a refund of the 200 dollars, apparently the Marketing lead can't figure that one out. Not only am I very disappointed in my trip to Johannesburg where the safari was supposed to be the highlight, I am also very disappointed in the lack of service and attention by the hotel, in short they never approached me with a solution, I had to call them several times after I left, had to mail them several times and in the end took a 200 dollar loss, a wasted day and a lot of headaches after that.
I can only say, I would not recommend staying in this hotel, they don't treat you fairly, as you can read above, during the talk they ask me for what I would see fit as a resolution but never honour that, and the lady who is behind the front desk never apologised or even said sorry, I only got an accusation and discussion from her which I am sorry, is not fair. She did not do her job, therefore spoiling my time in Johannesburg.

Room tip: There are better Nd more reliable hotels around, also if you tend to stay here, don’t expect much service from them,
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank 624daana
Dominique Wingrove, Marketing at Radisson RED Johannesburg Rosebank, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2024

Dear Daan,

We sincerely apologize for the unfortunate experience you encountered during your recent stay at Radisson RED Rosebank. Your feedback is incredibly important to us, and we regret that we fell short of your expectations.

Upon thorough investigation into the incident regarding the oversight in coordinating your safari tour, we acknowledge the oversight made by our staff member at the front office, resulting in a missed wake-up call and subsequent inconvenience to you. We understand the disappointment and frustration this must have caused, especially given the significance of the safari experience for your trip to Johannesburg.

In response to your concerns, we worked diligently to provide several solutions, including a discounted rate for your tour, a 50% discount on your next tour with our tour operator partner, and a complimentary one-night stay at Radisson RED Rosebank. However, we understand that none of these attempts were accepted by you, and for that, we sincerely apologize.

Please know that we are taking steps to prevent such oversights in the future by reinforcing staff training and procedures. We genuinely value your patronage.

Team RED.

Reviewed 11 March 2024

Great service first and foremost, I arrived early and was able to get my bags dropped off, take advantage to breakfast and coffee after a long over night flight. Shorts ironed for the next day, no problem, friendly and helpful advice from the hotel reception, checked.

Then you have great food at a great price, spacious comfortable rooms in a great location.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Dominique Wingrove, Marketing at Radisson RED Johannesburg Rosebank, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2024

Reviewed 12 February 2024

A beautiful space with beautiful art pieces and for that I like it. Art pieces in every corner of the hotel. The wings are the best part of their feature. The place is clean and the food is nice the terrace gives a beautiful view of the city

Date of stay: February 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Dominique Wingrove, Marketing at Radisson RED Johannesburg Rosebank, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2024

Reviewed 22 January 2024

Exceptional hospitality displayed by staff. Check in staff were extra courteous and generous. Complimentary drinks were given upon check in. Bathroom amenities were excellent as they came in bottle dispensed form. The automated block out blind in room was a real treat.

Date of stay: January 2024
Dominique Wingrove, Marketing at Radisson RED Johannesburg Rosebank, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2024

Reviewed 25 December 2023

I love the location of the hotel and makes it a perfect hotel for solo travel too. The staff is very friendly , the rooms are beautifully decorated. It’s clean and neat. The bed was comfortable bedding was good but can be improved to better quality . The hotel is beautiful and welcoming.

Date of stay: December 2023
Dominique Wingrove, Marketing at Radisson RED Johannesburg Rosebank, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2023

Hey Makhosi,