Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Adam S

Favorite hotel of my entire life

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 5 weeks agovia mobile
I wanted to first write that this is the last stop on a trip that brings me to my 134th country, and my 31st in AfricaZ I have a home in Los Angeles and a home in New York City and like to think I stay at some of the finer establishments in the world.

I say this without exaggeration your hotel in South Africa is the finest, most beautiful, most welcoming and relaxing hotel I’ve ever stayed in .

This is the singular most complete and friendly, attentive , kind and funny hotel staff I’ve ever had the pleasure of knowing

Nosipho
Sam
Thomas
Layton
Bongni
Zeto
Martin

Are of my favorites and I do not know the rest
But I do remember each of their smiles and kind words and incredible memories .

Kat was the most incredible , thoughtful , witty , charismatic engaged conversationalist. He also was a phenomenal guide around the neighborhood and town .

Sam is one of my all-time favorites at any establishment . She made me laugh and joke and was absolutely a dream .

Your rooms are truly remarkable in their comfort and beauty. I loved the small touches, the artwork, the beautiful furniture, the design and even the balconies in the bedding and what is easy for hotels to slack off on.
Your restaurant was simply exquisite for both dinner and breakfast and I feel like I am in a palace.. tonight at 5 PM when I leave for Los Angeles I will truly be sad to say goodbye to such a beautiful place that really holds my heart

Even the gym was phenomenal , surrounded by pristine landscaped gardens and beautiful outdoor furniture

Regards, Adam Summer
Date of stay: June 2024
Trip type: Travelled with family
Responded 4 weeks ago
Dear Adam, thank you so much for your review and feedback, this truly means a lot to us, and we are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your experience at The Residence. It was an absolute pleasure having you stay with us and hope to welcome you back someday in the near future. Thank you once again and all the very best from The Residence team.
R 3 581
6.3 km from The Residence Boutique Hotel
View more hotels in Johannesburg
Reviews (1 046)
1 046 results
All reviews the penthouse rolls royce hot tub pool villa private jacuzzi turn down service moment you arrive stayed longer sitting room common areas an oasis pools safari spa marvin fireplace chandeliers
Selected filters
6 - 11 of 1 046 reviews
Reviewed 9 June 2024 via mobile

My husband and I began our South African vacation with a four night stay at the Residence boutique hotel. From the moment we arrived we were impressed with how friendly and helpful every staff member was. The property itself is beautiful. There are multiple pools and the outdoor area is very well landscaped. The bar and restaurant were very grand. We stayed in Suite 18, which was massive. It had more than enough space for us, and everything we needed. It was cold during our stay but otherwise we would have enjoyed the room's outdoor space, which included a hot tub. Overall I think this is a fabulous hotel and they really go the extra mile to make you feel welcome.

Date of stay: June 2024
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
The Residence Hotel The Residence Hotel, Owner at The Residence Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2024

Thank you so much for your review, we really appreciate it and are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us here at The Residence hotel. It was an absolute pleasure having you stay with and hope to welcome you back someday in the near future. Thank you once again and all the very best from The Residence team.

Reviewed 3 June 2024 via mobile

A beautifully decorated small hotel in a posh area of Johannesburg but short drive to Rosebank shopping centre and airport. It has a restaurant that serves some delicious meals, the most attentive, helpful and friendly staff. The room is very large lovely bathroom products, big bath and very comfortable. They even have some gorgeous African souvenirs to purchase. The staff can’t do enough for you … just the best place to stay!

Date of stay: May 2024
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
The Residence Hotel The Residence Hotel, Owner at The Residence Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2024

Thank you so much, we really appreciate your review and feedback and hope to welcome you back someday in the near future. Wishing you all the very best and thank you once again from The Residence team.

Reviewed 11 April 2024 via mobile

Happy stay, staff will do extra miles.
We stayed here for two nights as a transit from Madagascar. There are new Marriott and a few to choose but we would rather stay in a nice hotel than a business hotel although the latter is a safe choice to get all you expect to get. However, i am very happy to chose this hotel. Although it is a boutique hotel and has something that can improve (hot shower cannot last too long, toilet in the bar do not flush too well), the stay would make you happy. Room is very big and when you walk out, there’s a swimming pool and a jacuzzi. The deco is very nice , the place is quiet and peaceful. Staff are very nice and they really try their best to make your stay satisfied.

Room tip: Easy to call Uber and safe to take Uber
Date of stay: April 2024
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
The Residence Hotel The Residence Hotel, Owner at The Residence Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2024

Thank you so much for your review and feedback, we really appreciate it and would like to wish you all the very best from The Residence team.

Reviewed 20 March 2024 via mobile

We stayed only 1 night at the Residence but it felt like more. First, we were able to check in 4 hours earlier which added precious time in the lovely suite we had booked. Second, the staff was very helpful organizing an amazing private tour with Marvin for the next day. We were able to visit Johannesburg and Soweto and learned more about South Africa’s history than visiting any museum. The stay was also our last day in SA and the staff reserved us a lovely table on the terrace for our final dinner before heading home.

Date of stay: March 2024
1  Thank OnMyWay1006
The Residence Hotel The Residence Hotel, Owner at The Residence Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2024

Thank you so much for your review and feedback, we really appreciate it and are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us here at The Residence. It was an absolute pleasure having you stay with us and hope to welcome you back some day in the near future. Thank you once again and all the very best from The Residence team.

Reviewed 27 February 2024

A truly magical place. The hotel team welcome you from the airport and already have a sense of belonging with expert driver/guide who offers a service with a smile which is great after the trip and immigration and customs que hassles. The food and location are stunning in a beautiful upmarket neighborhood filled with rich history. You don't feel like a guest but rather more like a family member. All the amazing amenities are pointed out and you miss nothing of the best that is on offer, the GM Rambo goes out of his way to ensure everything is in order for guest requests, nothing was too much trouble Nosi and Mpho equally were above par who were professional and so friendly. In all honesty the whole team is great making it difficult to pick out individuals as they were all excellent. Martin and team served food and drinks with a smile and quiet charm. I am usually an early bird and enjoy a dip swim with a heated pool option available, they have a staff member on hand to assist with a morning coffee even at the crack of dawn. I highly recommend a stay here especially if you are in transit as it's a great place to reboot.

Date of stay: November 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Ndlovu Safari Lodge Ndlovu Safari Lodge, Owner at The Residence Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2024

Thank you so much for your amazing review, we really appreciate it and look forward to welcoming you back. Wishing you all the very best and thank you once again from The Residence team.