Book In Advance
More Information

Ways to Experience City Skate Tours
from US$28,09
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 January 2020

Entire experience was amazing and unique. Ayanda made it both historical, professional and personal. Would highly recommend.

Date of experience: January 2020
Reviewed 8 January 2020

The City Skate tour was an incredible experience. I'm a local to Johannesburg, and have experienced the city in a number of ways, but exploring on skateboards was a brand new, fun, and worthwhile experience.

The tour started with a skate lesson for beginners, and we were off from there.

We skated through different parts of the Johannesburg CBD, like Maboneng, Marshalltown, Newtown and Cyrildene with with our guide, Ayanda, who is patient, friendly and extremely knowledgeable about skating, Joburg's history, and arts and culture scene.

We had a pleasant morning - afternoon session skating, photographing, and learning. I highly recommend this tour for anyone looking to see and explore Johannesburg from a different perspective; and I would readily do it again.

Whether you have skating experience or not, you're guaranteed to have a fun afternoon solo, or with friends and family.

Date of experience: October 2019
Reviewed 7 January 2020

My 10 year old daughter and I decided to skate for the first time and City Skate Tours made the experience extra awesome. Ayanda is an amazing tour guide, we even forgot our fear of falling that's just how much fun we had. Definitely doing this again

Date of experience: December 2019
Reviewed 7 January 2020

I had an amazing experience skating through Johannesburg city with Ayanda who was an attentive guide/instructor and made us feel like we could easily grasp a new skill. Skating through the city centre is something I honestly did not think was possible as a local Joburger myself but Ayanda knows the area well and makes you feel safe and liberated while doing something new. I highly recommend this experience even for a beginner. You will leave with a different perspective of the vibrant city of Joburg and you’ll feel proud of yourself for doing something new!

Date of experience: October 2019
Reviewed 7 January 2020

We wanted to book this tour for months and when we finally did it was e m better than expected. Ayanda taught us to skate in a matter of minutes (we had never been on a board before) and guided us through parts of Johannesburg we had never seen before (even after living here for 4 years). His knowledge of each places history and patience with the group was fantastic. We also really enjoyed skating with the kids along the way

Date of experience: April 2019