Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
rscott1992

A lovely hotel with a family run atmosphere

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 3 weeks ago
This is a really beautiful hotel. The rooms were large and the bed was incredibly comfortable.
The staff couldn't have been friendlier. The reception staff were always smiling and ready to help and particularly Thandeka at the restaurant made me feel very looked after.
I felt very safe in the hotel.
Date of stay: June 2024
    R 1 577
    R 1 862
5.6 km from Clico Boutique Hotel
View more hotels in Johannesburg
All reviews rosebank mall comfortable beds wonderful stay attention to detail stayed longer south africa jo burg garden venue sa neighborhood
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I recently stayed at the Clico Hotel and dined solo at their newly remodeled restaurant, Sec after a 15 hour flight from the States. I was staying there for a few days so my son, who was studying under local artists in Zimbabwe, could meet up with me.

Clico was a lovely small boutique hotel and I felt very at home and welcome there. I found solace in the most delicious "Hug in a Bowl" Salmon broth with caviar eggs at Sec. Chef Damian's 30-hour cooked broth was perfectly balanced—just salty enough and incredibly comforting. The caviar eggs were large, bursting with flavor, and added a luxurious touch to the meal.

The warmth and friendliness of the staff, particularly Peggy and Henry, made my stay even more enjoyable. Peggy did not make me feel badly when I set the safe alarm off within in seconds of arriving. Henry went above and beyond protecting us by taking extra precautions to ensure my son and I safely got into our Uber.

My room at the Clico Hotel was comfortable and spacious. The bed was cozy, and the bathroom was a nice size with instant hot water and good pressure from the shower head, as well as a tub for soaking. I particularly enjoyed working from the room with the balcony doors open and the sun streaming in.

The location in Rosebank was within walking distance to the shopping center and Ubers were readily available.

In the morning, I enjoyed a delightful breakfast by the real working fireplace, which was perfect for the chilly winter weather and I spent a glorious day lounging and reading by the pool while waiting for my son, making the most of the tranquil environment. The convenience of the airport shuttle was also a significant plus, easing my travel worries and adding to the overall comfort of my stay.

My experience at the Clico Hotel and Sec was outstanding, combining excellent food, attentive service, and luxurious amenities to create a memorable visit. I highly recommend this gem for anyone looking for a welcoming and indulgent stay.

Room tip: Some people have complained about the sound of the generator in room 7. It didn't bother me and I loved the view over the pool.
Date of stay: June 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 27 May 2024

The food was amazing. Big kudos to the chef - That was the best part of my stay. The linen and towels need an upgrade. Very noisy inside and out side the hotel.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 22 May 2024

Lovely boutique hotel with great service and a good location in Rosebank, Johannesburg. I'd definitely recommend it for a visit to Jozi.

Reviewed 19 May 2024

Second stay for us in this comfortable boutique hotel which feels safe (secure parking is most welcome) and is in a good location for Rosebank Mall and its nearby restaurants.

Reviewed 16 April 2024 via mobile

This is a very nice Boutique hotel where I have stayed on 3 occasions over the last 6 weeks. It’s within easy walking distance of Rosebank Shopping Centre and the Gautrain. The rooms are large and comfortably furnished with big bathrooms. Many rooms have quite large balconies or verandas on the ground floor overlooking or running out to the garden and pool. It is not flash but very comfortable and homely. I can’t say enough about the staff Peggy, Tim, Zodwa and Lindy

When I arrived for my third visit there was a mistake with my reservation which was entirely my fault and meant I didn’t get an early check-in. Unfazed as soon as the first room became available Zodwa cleaned it for me and I was in in just over an hour.

The breakfast is good with cooked options included and the restaurant is also very good for an evening meal. A new menu has just been released which we thought much improved - a number of smaller plate options if you’re not that hungry.

Couldn’t recommend it highly enough - particularly if you’re sick of the cookie cutter chain hotel rooms.

Date of stay: April 2024
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Jeanette Schwegman, Owner at Clico Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2024

Dear Valued Guest
Thank you for your comprehensive review and incredible feedback. The Clico Team are so motivated when their hard work, attention to detail and diligence are recognized. Similarly, Dario de Angeli and his kitchen team are so appreciative of the excellent feedback on the cuisine Clico offers. Sec is our new space at Clico and we are really excited about the offering and the beautiful space that has been created.
We hope to welcome you back in the not too distant future!
Regards