Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Jillian Livingston
Aspen, Colorado

Cozy and Intimate

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 08 Jun 2024
I recently stayed at the Clico Hotel and dined solo at their newly remodeled restaurant, Sec after a 15 hour flight from the States. I was staying there for a few days so my son, who was studying under local artists in Zimbabwe, could meet up with me.

Clico was a lovely small boutique hotel and I felt very at home and welcome there. I found solace in the most delicious "Hug in a Bowl" Salmon broth with caviar eggs at Sec. Chef Damian's 30-hour cooked broth was perfectly balanced—just salty enough and incredibly comforting. The caviar eggs were large, bursting with flavor, and added a luxurious touch to the meal.

The warmth and friendliness of the staff, particularly Peggy and Henry, made my stay even more enjoyable. Peggy did not make me feel badly when I set the safe alarm off within in seconds of arriving. Henry went above and beyond protecting us by taking extra precautions to ensure my son and I safely got into our Uber.

My room at the Clico Hotel was comfortable and spacious. The bed was cozy, and the bathroom was a nice size with instant hot water and good pressure from the shower head, as well as a tub for soaking. I particularly enjoyed working from the room with the balcony doors open and the sun streaming in.

The location in Rosebank was within walking distance to the shopping center and Ubers were readily available.

In the morning, I enjoyed a delightful breakfast by the real working fireplace, which was perfect for the chilly winter weather and I spent a glorious day lounging and reading by the pool while waiting for my son, making the most of the tranquil environment. The convenience of the airport shuttle was also a significant plus, easing my travel worries and adding to the overall comfort of my stay.

My experience at the Clico Hotel and Sec was outstanding, combining excellent food, attentive service, and luxurious amenities to create a memorable visit. I highly recommend this gem for anyone looking for a welcoming and indulgent stay.
Date of stay: June 2024
Room Tip: Some people have complained about the sound of the generator in room 7. It didn't bother me and I...
Trip type: Travelled with family
5.0 of 5 bubblesSleep Quality
Jeanette Schwegman, Owner at Clico Boutique Hotel, responded to this review
Responded 1 week ago
Dear Valued Guest
Wow and thank you! We are most appreciative of your very detailed and positive review. Thank you so much.
The Clico team take such pride in the attention to detail to ensure our guests have a memorable Clico experience. Your feedback is motivating to reinforce that. Much appreciated.
R 4 930
    R 829
    R 1 046
26.4 km from Clico Boutique Hotel
View more hotels in Johannesburg
All reviews rosebank mall comfortable beds wonderful stay attention to detail stayed longer south africa jo burg garden venue sa neighborhood
Selected filters
Reviewed 27 May 2024

The food was amazing. Big kudos to the chef - That was the best part of my stay. The linen and towels need an upgrade. Very noisy inside and out side the hotel.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Jeanette Schwegman, Owner at Clico Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear Valued Guest
We are thrilled that you loved the cuisine on offer at Clico and our restaurants. Dario de Angeli, our executive chef and general manager, is most certainly a legend!
We appreciate the feedback on linen and towels and will investigate further. We're sure about your noise comments based on what we consistently hear about Clico being known as an oasis in the heart of Rosebank. Perhaps the external noise as a once off during your stay which is most unfortunate? Hard to say but we love the peace and quiet that Clico has offered for the past 18 years.
Perhaps a second visit would allow that?

Reviewed 22 May 2024

Lovely boutique hotel with great service and a good location in Rosebank, Johannesburg. I'd definitely recommend it for a visit to Jozi.

Dear Valued Guest
The Clico team led by Dario de Angeli, are most grateful for your excellent review. Thank you for taking the time and for the support. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 19 May 2024

Second stay for us in this comfortable boutique hotel which feels safe (secure parking is most welcome) and is in a good location for Rosebank Mall and its nearby restaurants.

Dear Valued Guest
Thank you very much for your review and your return visit to Clico! We are most appreciative of your support and hope to welcome you back in the near future.
Jeanette

Reviewed 16 April 2024 via mobile

This is a very nice Boutique hotel where I have stayed on 3 occasions over the last 6 weeks. It’s within easy walking distance of Rosebank Shopping Centre and the Gautrain. The rooms are large and comfortably furnished with big bathrooms. Many rooms have quite large balconies or verandas on the ground floor overlooking or running out to the garden and pool. It is not flash but very comfortable and homely. I can’t say enough about the staff Peggy, Tim, Zodwa and Lindy

When I arrived for my third visit there was a mistake with my reservation which was entirely my fault and meant I didn’t get an early check-in. Unfazed as soon as the first room became available Zodwa cleaned it for me and I was in in just over an hour.

The breakfast is good with cooked options included and the restaurant is also very good for an evening meal. A new menu has just been released which we thought much improved - a number of smaller plate options if you’re not that hungry.

Couldn’t recommend it highly enough - particularly if you’re sick of the cookie cutter chain hotel rooms.

Date of stay: April 2024
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Jeanette Schwegman, Owner at Clico Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2024

Dear Valued Guest
Thank you for your comprehensive review and incredible feedback. The Clico Team are so motivated when their hard work, attention to detail and diligence are recognized. Similarly, Dario de Angeli and his kitchen team are so appreciative of the excellent feedback on the cuisine Clico offers. Sec is our new space at Clico and we are really excited about the offering and the beautiful space that has been created.
We hope to welcome you back in the not too distant future!

Reviewed 5 April 2024

We just stayed one night. They upgraded us because it was a slow night, which was very sweet. A pipe burst and they offered profuse apologies but it wasn’t much of an inconvenience. Hendrick, the night time security guard, was the sweetest man we’d ever met. He walked us to dinner and then walked us home. Such a happy and friendly shining star of our stay!

Date of stay: March 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear Valued Guest
We are so pleased to have received your review - thank you for having taken the time. Henrick is an absolute gem and a real asset to the Clico team! Whilst he's not an employee of Clico's, he is one of our family and we value him as such. His demeanor never changes with a primary focus on making sure all our guests are taken care of! We will pass on your feedback to his employer and to Hendrick.