Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.comUS$106
Hotels.comUS$106
PricelineUS$112
TravelocityUS$106
eDreamsUS$100
CheapTicketsUS$106
All reviews rosebank mall wine pairing small hotel breakfast and dinner within walking distance rooms are comfortable an oasis garden gautrain venue privacy
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 June 2021

We had a lovely stay at Clico boutique. Rooms are well appointed and comfortable - tasteful and high quality furnishings including linen. Woodburners and warmth throughout. Staff are helpful and attentive without being intrusive. Lovely building and garden. Had a delicious sophisticated meal at the in-house restuarant on the first night of our stay.

Date of stay: June 2021
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Jeanette Schwegman, Owner at Clico Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2021

Dear Valued Guest
The Clico Team and myself were thrilled to read your review and how wonderful your stay with us was. It's affirmation of the team's hard work and their paying attention to the finer details. Having created a fabulous memory for you is what makes us proud. Thank you for the support provided in selecting Clico Hotel and Restaurant to enjoy quality time together and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 19 May 2021

If I could, I would celebrate my 30th at Clico, over and over again - same time, same place.
What amazing service. All the staff members were diverse in knowledge, whereby, regardless of designation, your question will be correctly answered.

My guests were absolutely in love with the food and overall atmosphere of the venue.

Thank you to Evernice, Maggie, Peggy & Sibusiso! Bless the Clico Team!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Martin Louw, General Manager at Clico Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2021

Thank you very much for your review, we are glad you and your guests enjoyed your party as much as we enjoyed hosting it.

We looking forward seeing you again soon

Reviewed 29 April 2021

DO NOT STAY HERE IF YOU ARE EXPECTING A 5 STAR HOTEL!!!!I I booked this place using Kayak and based on their hotel star rating and high reviews, this place is supposed to be 5 stars. The price I paid was in the same range as the other 5 star hotels I have stayed in around South Africa. BUT I am being generous if I say that this is a 3 star hotel! Everything was run down, the decor is like someone's mom has decided to take a dab in interior design. This assessment is coming from an architect! The bathroom was filthy. Filthy with MOULD and grime. Paint was peeling, door handles are tarnished, food was bland. Marriot Melrose Arch is even less than this place and THAT is a 5 star hotel!
I was supposed to stay 2 nights but I ended up staying only 1 night and only because I have arrived late in the night and had no choice. I complained about the nasty bathroom and the fact that I dont think their place deserves the 5 star designation the same evening and let them know that I was leaving the next day. They said that they will refund me the money for the evening I didn't stay but they didn't. DO NOT STAY HERE! This is the first time I have booked a place that didn't turn out like the photos. SO disappointing.

Room tip: I saw two rooms and I was still not satisfied
Date of stay: April 2021
Martin Louw, General Manager at Clico Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2021

Dear Orange,
Having welcomed and wowed thousands of guests at Clico over the past 15 years, your review definitely doesn't match what we are known for or what our other many guests say about us. You have left out several important details about your time with us which we believe are worthy of noting in response to your review. You have failed to mention that you were upgraded to our executive suite. It seems incredible that this well appointed and luxurious room, with an extra length king size bed, would be anything less than 5 star. Certainly the many guests who have stayed in this room, have raved about its charm and elegance. Having conducted an inspection of the room you'd initially booked and the others you were shown and then the suite you stayed in, we couldn't find mould or any other sign of uncleanliness. That you didn't like the decor of the hotel is very much a personal choice, but with Clico having been in the top 10 Johannesburg hotels in Trip Advisor for the past 15 years, and in the top 10 of Johannesburg restaurants, we are very confident with our offering both the hotel and our well known and bespoke restaurant. The Clico team are extremely proud of our 'oasis in the heart of Rosebank' where our abundant new and return guests come to enjoy the peace and tranquillity of Clico.
As for the refund, you quite clearly state, you booked through Kayak. Kayak is a third party of a third party. It is a comparison website through which you booked the cheapest rate for our entry level room. Unfortunately, because of the way you booked, we as a property cannot give you the refund, you have to claim it directly from the company that you booked through, we explained this to you numerous times but you actually refused to hear what we were saying.

We wish you the best of luck in your future endeavours

Kind regards,

Reviewed 25 April 2021 via mobile

Visited this stunning boutique hotel for lunch with a group of friends. Lucky to catch a lazy Jazz Sunday. Experienced a wine paring from an Estate in the Cape that we had not tried before, excellent. Lunch was a little like we needed to try everything, table vote was the Sea Bass, Calamari, Pork Belly and ending it off with a fig blue cheese desert and peanut butter pan a cotta. Yum! Staff were very friendly and environment beautiful. Highly recommend

Trip type: Travelled with friends

We are so glad you had such a fantastic lunch!

We look forward to welcoming you back again

Kind regards,

Reviewed 13 July 2020

I recently got engaged at Clico hotel and it was a lovely experience. It was one of the only hotels in the area that was open for business during the lockdown. The hotel itself is beautifully decorated and has a homey feel. We enjoyed an intimate dining room with a fireplace and the music created a romantic ambiance. The food was delicious, except the fettuccine was very much underdone, not al dente. No vegan options so we had to settle for vegetarian, which was quite disappointing considering it's 2020.
The staff were exceptionally helpful and friendly. Sibusiso, the waiter, went out of his way to make the day extra special. It would have been a 5 if not for the hard pasta but otherwise, a very pleasant experience.

Date of stay: July 2020
Jaco Wheeler, General Manager at Clico Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2020

Dear rmithcel2,

Thank you for your feedback and the fair score. Really great to have you join us for such a special occasion, and congratulations on the engagement. It is fantastic to hear the the staff and especially Sibusiso took such great care of you, however it is disappointing to hear about the pasta being underdone.

We do cater for vegan dietaries under normal circumstances, but due to the current situation we as a country find ourselves in, we have a limited menu available, however, should we have known we would have gladly catered according to you needs.

Trust we get to welcome you back at another time.

Kind Regards