Lowest prices for your stay
Free cancellation until 21/06/25
SAVE US$9
CheapTicketsUS$170
Orbitz.comUS$170
eDreamsUS$179
All reviews rosebank mall wine pairing small hotel breakfast and dinner within walking distance rooms are comfortable an oasis garden gautrain venue privacy
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 July 2020

I recently got engaged at Clico hotel and it was a lovely experience. It was one of the only hotels in the area that was open for business during the lockdown. The hotel itself is beautifully decorated and has a homey feel. We enjoyed an intimate dining room with a fireplace and the music created a romantic ambiance. The food was delicious, except the fettuccine was very much underdone, not al dente. No vegan options so we had to settle for vegetarian, which was quite disappointing considering it's 2020.
The staff were exceptionally helpful and friendly. Sibusiso, the waiter, went out of his way to make the day extra special. It would have been a 5 if not for the hard pasta but otherwise, a very pleasant experience.

Date of stay: July 2020
Jaco Wheeler, General Manager at Clico Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2020

Dear rmithcel2,

Thank you for your feedback and the fair score. Really great to have you join us for such a special occasion, and congratulations on the engagement. It is fantastic to hear the the staff and especially Sibusiso took such great care of you, however it is disappointing to hear about the pasta being underdone.

We do cater for vegan dietaries under normal circumstances, but due to the current situation we as a country find ourselves in, we have a limited menu available, however, should we have known we would have gladly catered according to you needs.

Trust we get to welcome you back at another time.

Reviewed 21 March 2020 via mobile

I stayed 2 nights at this peaceful and quiet boutique hotel. My room was beautiful, the staff were friendly and helpful, the location was excellent and dinner and breakfast were very good. Their driver picked me up at the Airport. I was travelling solo on my way to joining a group in Botswana, and was a little nervous about being in a Johannesburg on my own. The staff at Clico made me feel comfortable and gave me helpful advice re walking around the local area. The reality of staying at Clico matched their website - photos are accurate and the suggested “ Things to do in Joberg” is excellent.

Date of stay: March 2020
Trip type: Travelled solo
Jaco W, General Manager at Clico Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2020

Dear Patricia2004,

Thank you for your great feedback.
It is lovely hearing how you enjoyed Clico and that the staff took such good care of you, exactly the experience we pride ourselves in offering our guests.

We trust you get to visit us again in the very near future.

Reviewed 10 March 2020

My wife and I stayed at the Clico Boutique at the end of a two week tour around Kruger, Eswatini and the Drakenburg Mountains. The hotel is an oasis of luxury in a busy and safe area of town. The staff were all very friendly and very helpful. Dinner and Breakfast were beautiful. The room was very clean and tidy with a shared balcony looking over the swimming pool, where we sat to watch the sun go down.

I would recommend this hotel to anybody.

Date of stay: March 2020
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Jaco W, General Manager at Clico Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2020

Dear normanhnb,

What a magical review to read first thing in the morning.
Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us, is seems that you got the experience exactly what service we at Clico pride our-self on delivering.

We hope that you return to Clico in the very near future.

Reviewed 16 February 2020

A very nice boutique hotel about 15 minutes walk from the Gautrain which is an excellent way to travel from the airport to Rosebank via Sandton. It was quiet, clean, nice outlook over the garden and pool.
Staff are fabulous. Restaurant is a pleasant space with good food and attentive service.

Date of stay: February 2020
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
JacoWheeler, General Manager at Clico Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2020

Good day jboer950805,

Thank you for the review on your recent stay.

We enjoyed having you at Clico and that you joined our Valentines dinner.
Your feedback has been shared with the team, and I am proud to hear the staff took such great care of you.

Looking forward to your next visit when you come back to Johannesburg.

Reviewed 13 February 2020 via mobile

This is a very nice and quaint hotel with a delightful and welcoming staff. The location is amazing. Less than 10 minute walk to Rosebank mall with great restaurants and shopping. After checking in I was taken to my room which was spacious. The bathroom didn't have a door, so alot of light came through in the morning and with it being close to the front door and reception area you can hear noise from people coming in and out. I asked to be changed to a room with a bathroom door and they accommodated the request. Although I didn't dine at the restaurant, it looked very nice and was always busy. Since it is a small hotel, noise easily carries from the courtyard when guests are lounging. The shower was very small and tight. The AC unit was loud so difficult to rest while having it on. I had a good experience here. I'd probably choose a different hotel based on my preferences to accommodate late check outs and a few additional amenities, but all in all a great stay.

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank Kayl_D
JacoWheeler, General Manager at Clico Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2020

Dear Kayl_D,

Thank you very much for the feedback.
We appreciate your honest and fair score and have shared the details of your experience with the team.

Wishing you a happy week.