“Great people,great food,great tours!”
Review of Ekala Eco Tours

Ekala Eco Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: We pride ourselves on our extensive knowledge of South Africa and intimate knowledge of the tours, historically/culturally and wildlife safaris we offer. With our knowledge and experience, bringing a lifetime of experience in South Africa (and 4 generations before us) to ensure our clients capitalise best on their time and budget. We personally conduct and organise all our tours and safaris as highly experience and professional guides. Get an enhanced understanding of South Africa’s history and diverse cultures.
Reviewed 13 July 2013

We did 4 tours with Malcolm and Janet last week and we stayed with them at their Ekala Guest Farm. It was a lovely facility, we ate wonderful food cooked by Linda and we learned fantastic information about an interesting country. I highly recommend Eco Ekala Tours and the Guest House especially if you want to see/learn a lot in a short visit. They are truly experts that are passionate about their country's history and future.

All reviews
in 4 reviews
"visit johannesburg"
"city tour"

Reviewed 13 July 2013

I had two days in Johannesburg. I went 2 tours with Malcolm. First day city, lion park, Soweto. Second Pilanesberg National Park. They were very flexible with the tours. I felt safe all the time. I got an excellent guide, and two unforgettable days.
Highly recommended.

Reviewed 8 July 2013

I contacted Janet & Malcolm three hours before I arrived in Johannesburg and everything went so smoothly. Malcolm picked us up from the airport and gave us a six hour tour of Johannesburg and Soweto Township. It was amazing to learn about the history of the area from such an experienced guide. I would highly recommend.

Reviewed 7 July 2013

I had a couple of days in Johannesburg and decided to use Ekala Eco Tours for a trip to the Pilensberg National Park and the Ukutala Lion Park (plus Walk with Lions option). Janet and Linda were great guides in the Pilensberg - locating animals which I would have not seen myself and providing a wealth of knowledge on South Africa. It was an amazing day which words cannot describe! Janet was again my guide on the second day to the Ukutala Lion Park and I feel that I now know more about South Africa and it's history than I did before doing an Ekala Tour!

It really is the people who make the experience and if you are looking for one company to tour with don't go past Janet & Malcolm from Ekala Eco Tours!

See more reviews
Reviewed 29 June 2013 via mobile

We used Malcolm and Janet 3 times in our trip to Johannesburg. They are very friendly, knowledgable, and passionate about their city and country.

Our first trip Malcolm picked us up at our hotel and took us to the Cullinan Diamond Mine. He showed us some of Cullinan and then waited for our tour to end (our mine your was with a mine guide and there was a small group of us). Then we ate and he took us back home.

Our next trip he picked us up from the airport and showed us the different parts of the city and took us to Constitution Hill and the Apartheid museum. This was our most worthwhile tour with Ekala as our only guide was Malcolm and he filled us with information.

Janet did our last tour and drive us to the cheetah sanctuary and elephant sanctuary and from there we had guides from the location and small groups of people with us.

Because they don't do the actual tour at the site and that is not private, you could save a good deal of money hiring a shuttle. Our last day we unexpectedly had more time than we thought before we left so our hotel suggested a shuttle and they took us somewhere and waited for us to be done and brought us back for 1/3 the cost of Ekala. BUT if you want more than a ride and want someone to really show you the ins and outs of the city and neighboring areas and give you a great understanding of South Africa and give you tours and insight to the towns, this is 100% the company to use!!! They were professional and friendly and we really enjoyed them!