Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
eDreamsUS$102
PricelineUS$102
Destinia.com
Hotels.com
Travelocity
All reviews swans and ducks beautiful venue an oasis shopping mall foxwoods garden suite tranquility rosebank guesthouse
Selected filters
Reviewed 12 February 2020

Very beautiful venue, old Victorian mansion, now guesthouse with a little theatre. Sadly Christmas lunch was not up to par but we have been invited back at no cost to apologize for the disappointment. I appreciate the gesture as this is the way to keep guests coming back. I have attended a theatre production and it was indeed lovely. I have not stayed as a guest in their rooms so am unable to comment on that.

1  Thank MariaS22411
foxwood13, Owner at Foxwood House, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2020

Thank you for your kind response to our invitation back. It is heart warming.The impact of the constant power outages prompted our dear colleague Theresa to serve Methode Cap Classique as palliative to frayed nerves. When I spoke to you as you were leaving the bond of sympathy was almost tangible. I sadly realized you could not attend the repeat Christmas on the 26th as I looked out for you! Possibly I missed you? Warm regards and thank you for your thanks.

Reviewed 29 December 2019

My wife and I has a really nice stay for 5 days at Foxwood. We enjoyed the very relaxed atmosphere, kind hospitality and super service. What more do you want? I recommend Foxwood without any reservation.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
foxwood13, Owner at Foxwood House, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2019

Thank you. You have no idea how much your kind words mean to all of us. It is the most inspiring encouragement all of us can receive - your recognition of our service to give our visitors the best we can. A wonderful 2020 to you!

Reviewed 15 December 2019

This is the most wonderful, secluded, B&B in Johannesburg. The old house, forest-like gardens and swans and ducks on the pond, takes one back to a different era - one without hooting taxis and incessant city noise. But for those on a working visit or looking for entertainment, it's just a few minutes from Rosebank and the Johannesburg CBD. The staff are very friendly and really put themselves out to help with anything and everything. My absolute favourite place to stay in Johannesburg.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Pieter de Vos, Owner at Foxwood House, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2020

Dear Maureen
It is indeed my good fortune that I did not notice your wonderful review when it was submitted in December - as it is as welcome as a spring morning to see it for the first time now, during lockdown in Johannesburg! Thank you. I shall send it to all staff wherever they may found themselves now. Kind regards.

Reviewed 7 November 2019

I stayed at Foxwood 2 times at end the end of October and start of November and was very impressed by this wonderful place, the service and the friendly people at this hotel. Very recomendable! Thank you for the upgrade :-)

Date of stay: October 2019
foxwood13, Owner at Foxwood House, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2019

Thank you for your kind words. We were impressed with your courtesy. You do not have to thank us for the upgrade - it is the natural thing to do when you have a room open to make your guest's stay more comfortable.

Reviewed 30 October 2019

The setting, and the room - superb! Lighting in room and bathroom far too weak. The internet - pathetic, which is not good enough for a businessman. Had to ask for toilet paper all the time. Breakfast lacking personal touch - ran out of fruit, no bowls, no spoons, sloppy service, etc, very amateurish.

Date of stay: October 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
foxwood13, Owner at Foxwood House, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2019

I sincerely regret your experience of service as we pride ourselves on our informal friendly service and personal attention to our guests' needs. I have called the staff in to discuss your TripAdvisor report to sensitise them to the kind of problems you encountered. Vuyelwa, who is dedicated to the Mary Oates suite, especially wishes to apologize about the the toilet paper, and Mavis and Tony Ndlovu who look after our guests for breakfast, have been made aware of the problems you experienced. I am surprised that there were no spoons, and whilst informal, there is no reason that they should come across as amateurish. Thank you for your comments.
The Internet service has been 'varied' to say the least following power outages. But our Fibre Line capacity has to be exceptionally high as we are producers of TV programmes, and broadcast programmes are uploaded from here, and sometimes downloaded when they are returned, within a matter of an hour or two. Your suite the Mary Oates - even though at the furthest point in our gardens - should have easy and regular access and is the suite of choice for one of our renowned national Internet executives. We are having the problem looked into tomorrow.
As owner, I live on the property and personally manage the property. I would have loved to have fixed your problems for you during your stay, and I do regret that you had to experience these problems whilst help was 'at hand'!