Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
eDreamsUS$103
PricelineUS$103
Trip.com
Hotels.com
Travelocity
All reviews swans and ducks beautiful venue an oasis shopping mall foxwoods garden suite tranquility rosebank guesthouse
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 December 2019

This is the most wonderful, secluded, B&B in Johannesburg. The old house, forest-like gardens and swans and ducks on the pond, takes one back to a different era - one without hooting taxis and incessant city noise. But for those on a working visit or looking for entertainment, it's just a few minutes from Rosebank and the Johannesburg CBD. The staff are very friendly and really put themselves out to help with anything and everything. My absolute favourite place to stay in Johannesburg.

Date of stay: December 2019
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Pieter de Vos, Owner at Foxwood House, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2020

Dear Maureen
It is indeed my good fortune that I did not notice your wonderful review when it was submitted in December - as it is as welcome as a spring morning to see it for the first time now, during lockdown in Johannesburg! Thank you. I shall send it to all staff wherever they may found themselves now. Kind regards.

Reviewed 7 November 2019

I stayed at Foxwood 2 times at end the end of October and start of November and was very impressed by this wonderful place, the service and the friendly people at this hotel. Very recomendable! Thank you for the upgrade :-)

Date of stay: October 2019
foxwood13, Owner at Foxwood House, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2019

Thank you for your kind words. We were impressed with your courtesy. You do not have to thank us for the upgrade - it is the natural thing to do when you have a room open to make your guest's stay more comfortable.

Reviewed 30 October 2019

The setting, and the room - superb! Lighting in room and bathroom far too weak. The internet - pathetic, which is not good enough for a businessman. Had to ask for toilet paper all the time. Breakfast lacking personal touch - ran out of fruit, no bowls, no spoons, sloppy service, etc, very amateurish.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
foxwood13, Owner at Foxwood House, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2019

I sincerely regret your experience of service as we pride ourselves on our informal friendly service and personal attention to our guests' needs. I have called the staff in to discuss your TripAdvisor report to sensitise them to the kind of problems you encountered. Vuyelwa, who is dedicated to the Mary Oates suite, especially wishes to apologize about the the toilet paper, and Mavis and Tony Ndlovu who look after our guests for breakfast, have been made aware of the problems you experienced. I am surprised that there were no spoons, and whilst informal, there is no reason that they should come across as amateurish. Thank you for your comments.
The Internet service has been 'varied' to say the least following power outages. But our Fibre Line capacity has to be exceptionally high as we are producers of TV programmes, and broadcast programmes are uploaded from here, and sometimes downloaded when they are returned, within a matter of an hour or two. Your suite the Mary Oates - even though at the furthest point in our gardens - should have easy and regular access and is the suite of choice for one of our renowned national Internet executives. We are having the problem looked into tomorrow.
As owner, I live on the property and personally manage the property. I would have loved to have fixed your problems for you during your stay, and I do regret that you had to experience these problems whilst help was 'at hand'!

Reviewed 19 October 2019

Best service, Best food, Best company, Best comfort, Best value for money!!

Always very relaxing atmosphere, the leafy roof, the garden and architecture gives you a sence of the past victorian era. Current owners does a perfect job in preserving a very special part of South African history with this jewel

• Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank hentiesmit7
foxwood13, Owner at Foxwood House, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2019

Thank you. We try our best and really appreciate this message from you.

Reviewed 21 August 2019

I have to admit one of the curiosities about Foxwood house is the tale of hauntings and ghosts - but there is none of that here. This is not your archetypal dilapidated ghost house, but instead this is a rustically romantic and bucolic getaway from the noisy and hectic city. It is in a way a quiet and relaxing escape that also has a very deep history from an interesting past that somehow intersects with the modern milieu.

The staff and service is very good. I love the way Foxwood has maintained its quaint theme - maintaining its antique furniture but not leaving out modern amenities. The rooms are very clean and comfortable, the furniture is well appointed and apportioned, and the bathrooms are functional and great. The gardens are mesmerizing if you are all for a fairy tale like country appeal - complete with swans, peacocks, ducks and migratory birds. It is also a stone's throw from the city center, large shopping malls and service stations. And although it has no gym, there is enough room for you to run around - all you need is a good pair of running shoes and imagination as you weave through the gravel and cobbled footpaths of the property.

I enjoyed my sojourn here at Foxwood. I know that I would be happy to come back.

Date of stay: August 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
foxwood13, Owner at Foxwood House, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2019

"Thank you" seems such a hackneyed response to an exceptional review. Your kindness and effort have an impact that reaches beyond merely a review. It lifts every team member's spirit and it is our greatest reward.
So what else can I say but a heartfelt: "Thank you" from all of us.