Lowest prices for your stay
Snaptravel
Trip.com
US$110
Hotels.com
eDreams
All reviews velvet restaurant shopping mall egg station direct access business trip enjoyed my stay rosebank safari
Selected filters
Reviewed 7 March 2020 via mobile

Almost nothing to complain about this hotel. Breakfast had wide selection and food was very tasty. So was the a la carte. Cocktails in the bar were delicious! Also the staff in the bar and restaurant was so friendly and efficient. We want to thank especially Eugenia and the tall gentleman in the restaurant!
Location connected to the mall was great. Everything was within a short distance. The Sunday Market at the rooftop is a must!
Rooms were spacious and clean but the beds could have been a bit better. But over all the hotel was perfect and I will definitely stay there again. Thank You!

Date of stay: March 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 25 February 2020

Service in the bar was terrible. It was virtually empty but still took 20 minutes to get served. Then I was served the wrong drink and it took a further 10 minutes to get that sorted.

Had a colleague with me and we decided to order dinner, which was a big mistake. Took ages to get order taken, and then when it arrived my dish was not what I ordered and my colleague's steak, which was supposed to be medium arrived very well done and cold with the accompanying potatoes equally as cold. We ended up sending this back and by this time it was getting too late in the evening to be eating.

Furthermore, the room was not as requested and had to complain to moved. The second room was great but to honest by the time I'd dealt with fiasco at dinner and the room change I was tired and hungry and just wanted to go to bed.

Room tip: Try the Courtyard across the road.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Johannesburg-Rosebank, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2020

Hi Kenton C,

Thank you for your candid review. Our goal is to deliver a seamless experience. While we're glad that you appreciate our upkeep, it is disappointing that you find our bar and hospitality services inefficient. I am sorry for the letdown.

We can assure you that this is not indicative of our high standards of service, care and attention to detail that we usually deliver. Please be assured that we take all feedback very seriously and I will pass this to the Team.

Please stay with us again soon so that we can demonstrate our commitment to your comfort. We look forward to having the opportunity to restore your confidence in our hotel in the near future.

Best Regards,

Alice P​
Case Manager​
IHGService​

Reviewed 20 February 2020

I would like to thanks a Ben Kali who is working at this hotel for on going on his free time to search my sunglasses which I forgot at the barbershop. Apart of that, the hotel is very nice! Thank you once again!

Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 13 February 2020

Helpful staff, good buffet breakfast, bar, restaurant and wifi. Airport shuttle bus available and easy to arrange with the hotel. Attached to a shopping mall area with lots of restaurants and shops. Including a shop for the hop-on, hop-off bus, which is a great way of seeing the city it also does a Soweto tour.

Reviewed 12 February 2020 via mobile

I’ve stayed in this hotel for many years whilst on business. What makes this place is the staff, the majority of whom have been here for some time, always with a smile and deliver great service. Well located.

Trip type: Travelled on business