Lowest prices for your stay
US$180
Free cancellation until 21/09/30
Hotels.comUS$181
PricelineUS$225
TravelocityUS$181
All reviews beautiful hotel king suite automatic curtains molton brown amenities check in was smooth room service was excellent nelson mandela square small touches an absolute pleasure outdoor area i highly recommend this hotel hotel experience attention to detail world class sandton city hotel room business trip
Selected filters
Reviewed 24 July 2021

Check-out time is 10am that sucks. I stayed for 33 days paid over $8k for the Piazza penthouse. The day I was leaving, flight was late at night so I asked for options, they offered a standard room which I had to pay for. They called me more than 6times to move from penthouse from 9am I was wondering and had to ask what time is checkout? Y’all blowing up the phone? The guy who answered said 10am! I was like what? Normal places are 12Pm checkout. But u can’t be pushing me to move out like that as if I was not going to leave. I was very upset at that treatment.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank captjamilmd
Reviewed 21 July 2021

Amongst the amazing hotel stuff, the hotels luxury met our expectations. Cleanliness on point. There wasn’t a need to leave the hotel as it had actually what we longed for, the SPA and fine restaurants.

Date of stay: July 2021
Reviewed 29 June 2021

amazing hotel , excellent service , friendly staff and international quality experience
definitely a must see , whether a weekend away or for business
architecture and design on point
an overall world class hotel

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Jaco Minnaar, General Manager at The Houghton Hotel, Spa, Wellness & Golf, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2021

Dear J7906UOyusuf
We'd like to extend our gratitude to you for posting your review on Tripadvisor. We appreciate all feedback from our guests and are especially delighted to hear that your experience met your expectations and that you enjoyed the architecture and interior design that we've poured our heart and soul into creating for our guests' pleasure.
Thank you so much - we hope to welcome you back someday!

Reviewed 24 June 2021

The Houghton is an exquisite hotel that caters for all needs, be it a romantic getaway, a wedding, a conference or just to have some much needed time out. The Houghton has the highest standards in service, cleanliness and Covid compliance. The staff are friendly and go the extra mile to make your stay extra special. I absolutely loved the romantic touches in our room and it was a memorable 40th birthday. Thank you!

Dear Tigga42021
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience of The Houghton Hotel on Tripadvisor. We're so glad that your 40th birthday was as special as you had hoped it would be, and that you found the hotel to be safe and COVID compliant. We really go out of our way to keep our guests safe.
Thank you once again!

Reviewed 22 June 2021 via mobile

The Houghton Hotel is a luxury in an oasis, next to a gorgeous Houghton Golf Club.

Rooms are varies. We had the city view room, which was quiet and peaceful. Everything's fine until we found out that the AC was not working/cooling. After informing reception, a technician came and sort of 'restart' the AC. After two hours, still no AC. It was not a pleasant stay. As we were exhausted after had our dinner (food was excellent at Nova), we did not bother to call the reception again as it was already late.

E-mail was sent to the GM to complaint about it after we checked out. No reply so far after two days. The room should not be made available if any of the elements in it is not functioning properly.

Room tip: Parking is complimentary.
Trip type: Travelled with family
Jaco Minnaar, General Manager at The Houghton Hotel, Spa, Wellness & Golf, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2021

Dear Resort08492992213

Thank you so much for your constructive feedback and comments on the Tripadvisor platform.

It goes without saying that we are disappointed that you did not enjoy a peaceful night, due to the air conditioning being problematic.

I'd like to assure you that we don’t sell rooms that are not fully functioning, and as is the nature with anything mechanical it could suffer down-time at any stage, given the interruptions caused by load-shedding and electricity surges - for this, we do apologise.

Sadly, I haven't received your written communication via email, as I would have given your concerns my undivided attention. You would be very welcome to contact me directly at jaco@thehoughtonhotel.com!