See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 15 May 2017 via mobile

It may have been cold outside due to a cold front however the Guesthouse Owner Deane Ebden and his staff had turned the guesthouse into a heaven of warmth both literally and figuratively!

The guesthouse is equipped with beautiful fire places ideal for cold Johannesburg winter conditions and a beautiful terrace and pool area for warmer weather. Deane is a renowned Chef and caters specifically to your menu selection. The staff are professional and hands on.

My farewell was perfectly catered for, the guests enjoyed the meals and space to engage others. I would recommend as both a venue hire and guesthouse. It's located in a central area and has management on property. Thank you Mi Casa Su Casa.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
Management response:Responded 13 June 2017

Good day Farida,

Glad that we could have hosted you at our guesthouse!

Have an amazing day!

The Mi Casa Su Casa Family...

Reviewed 28 November 2016

I really enjoyed my stay at MiCasa. Caroline was an excellent hostess; I liked being in walking distance of the restaurants nearby (see my review of the highly recommended Lucky Bean) and having a key to the gate and the door to come in and out late at night. The room was very large and beautifully light and airy, with a deck overlooking the Melville Koppies and the garden beneath. The bathroom has a most extraordinary enormous stone tub, which I enjoyed. The bed was comfortable and my one gripe was the large hard pillows - but when I asked Caroline to find me a softer pillow, she obliged gracefully. The best thing about this place was how quiet it was at night - no street noise intruding and only a couple of other visitors means that it is really peaceful and relaxed, and does not feel at all like an impersonal business or a hotel.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Janet C
Management response:Responded 13 June 2017

Good day Janet,

We hope to see you again!

Have an amazing day.

The Mi Casa Su Casa family...

Reviewed 10 November 2016

Before staying here I read a number of not-so-great reviews, which biased me to the place. But arriving there, I had a much different experience. The villa in lovely Melville is homey and inviting. The rooms are large and comfortable; best of all, the satellite subscription has several options - unlike bigger, 5-star hotels I have been to - availing you with entertainment options. Wi-fi speeds around the property are reasonably fast. The caretaker is easy to get along with and very helpful. It's also a walking distance away from the vibrant 7th Street (it's safe to walk in Melville). I have stayed at two pricier B&Bs in Melville, but this is by far the best. The only negative - and a minor one at that - is the tubs in the rooms; showers would be much better.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Barney248
Reviewed 11 October 2016

Spent four nights in this wonderful, homely villa located around the Wits campus area. Easy access to fine dining and bars. Price was very modest and the house attendant was very helpful. I would definitely recommend Mi Casa Su Casa to anyone who is travelling for fun, and on a budget. As it was low season, we had the entire house to ourselves and it was quiet and private.

Room Tip: Choose a room that overlooks the hills!
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 October 2015

We would have liked to write a proper review of this hotel, but as they cancelled our long standing booking barely two weeks before we were due to stay because "other guests wanted to extend their stay" this is not possible. This type of behaviour is unacceptable. Need I say more!

Room Tip: Do not rely on a booking here.
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple