Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Hotels.comUS$40
Booking.comUS$30
Expedia.comUS$40
TravelocityUS$40
eDreamsUS$30
StayForLongUS$64
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 7 January 2019

I stayed there for 3 days. The Hotel along with its room was very Good. The best thing is that, its very near to the airport. The Staff was also very Co-operative. Food available in the Restaurant was not that good (I might be wrong because Being Vegetarian, I tried only the veg Dish).

Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 October 2018 via mobile

No water on arrival. This was a municipal issue and not a fault of the hotel. The remote for the Aircon had no batteries and despite bringing this to the attention of housekeeping, nothing was done about it. The bedside lights did not work. When I called reception to complain, I was told that it could only be dealt with the following day. I returned to the hotel at 12h00 on the Saturday and wanted to take a shower but there were no towels. When I reported this to reception I was told that they had not been returned yet. Not sure where they had gone as I had hung them on the towel rail which is generally accepted as not requiring them to be laundered. Reception was really unhelpful. It was only when I went to reception and threaten to leave the hotel that the problem was resolved. The hotel is well priced, it could be a good option if the attitude towards service was improved.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank ArthurC2511
Reviewed 12 September 2018 via mobile

Location is very near to the airport which makes it convenient and not rushing if you have a morning flight. Using UBER, it cost around 60-70 rand.

Lower your expectation when you are only sleeping for a night. Room is generally spacious for one to two persons. The room is generally clean and looks comfy.

Pillow quality is not that good. They do provide 4 pillows even I am staying alone thus not that bad for me but I can’t imagine if I only have 2 pillows of that quality, my sleep would not be great.

Bathroom is spacious. Bathtub is a bit small. Perhaps because of my height. Not much complaint though.

I did not use the kitchen except for boiling water. Looks quite equipped for light cooking. Does not provide detergent though (thus I chose not to do even simple cooking for my dinner).

If you can, just walked about 10 minutes to the nearby McDonalds or across the McDonalds you can find a nice pizza place and KFC. You can get some groceries there too if you wanted some cooking ingredients or bread for the next day.

TV is really small and old model. If possible do upgrade the TV to at least be able to link to internet (since there is wifi) as the channels are quite limited. A 40” TV is good enough and would be good to have one in the room too.

Room has no aircon thus will have to depend on the aircon in the living room. If you closed the door to sleep, most likely the room ends up a bit stuffy. Had to open the door when I sleep.

Good thing about this place is having a lot of power sockets all around to charge electronic devices.

Staff wise the service can be improved. They are not unfriendly but could have more initiative to provide wifi password and information on the cafe operating timings etc instead of waiting for me to enquire.

Overall, my own feel is that this place is alright if you needed just one night to stay due to late flights in Johannesburg and having to go off another flight the next morning. If you need more than one nights then it depends how much time you would be staying inside the room. For those who loves to stay inside the room for relaxing, I am quite sure this would not meet your needs.

Hope above is helpful for travellers who are looking for accommodation near to Tambo. Cheers :)

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank rckong
Reviewed 16 May 2018 via mobile

It is good based on the price. It is a very good option if you arrive or departure in a not good time because it I near the airport. It is hamble, with a good price. There is dinner and lunch, parking area, security control.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 28 April 2018

The lobby was pitch dark, with one candle, when I arrived. Fortunately, I had my own flashlight as they did not have any to provide and the blackout lasted over one hour. I could read that check-out time was 10 am, so the next morning I was threatened with a late charge when I called the lobby at 10 am. The property looks nice as long as it is light. So, come prepared!

Date of stay: March 2018