Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Chelsea S
New York City, New York

Very nice hotel

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 18 Oct 2022
I stayed in the suite and loved the big, spacious rooms that were clean, shower was lovely and the bath was very nice! Even with power outs generator kicked on quick and wifi worked very well. Staff was lovely, helping with my printing and food service. The gym is nice and clean and the food is very good!
Date of stay: October 2022
4.0 of 5 bubblesValue
4.0 of 5 bubblesRooms
5.0 of 5 bubblesService
Madeleine Roux, Owner at Southern Sun Rosebank, responded to this review
Responded 14 Feb 2023
Dear NY traveler,

We were delighted to note that the hotel met your expectations. We do hope that we will be your hotel of choice during your next visit to Johannesburg.

Yours sincerely

R 3 000
    R 4 000
4.3 km from Southern Sun Rosebank
Free parking
Pool and two story room structure
R 1 404
    R 263
  • StayForLong
6.2 km from Southern Sun Rosebank
View more hotels in Johannesburg
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 30 July 2022 via mobile

Was no hot water in the shower, room was dusty, coffee box half empty, was no cups , carpets are very dirty, full of gigant dark steins ,hair in the shower , brown drops in bathroom furniture, very hot aircon ,was blocked, couldn't change temperature, was no possible open window, even litlle bit , very claustrophobic and dirty room space , room service very bed ,my chiken sandwich was empty ... don't know where the chicke went .... ? So far The worst hotel in Johannesburg I've been.

Date of stay: July 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Madeleine Roux, Owner at Southern Sun Rosebank, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2022

Dear Sir,

Thank you for taking my call earlier.
I wish to apologize for the experience you had at Southern Sun Rosebank. This is most certainly is not our standard.

There is no excuse for the hair in the shower, and the room service delivery which both have been addressed with the team.

Unfortunately our vanities are showing stains which we are unable to remove and this together with new carpets and AC units were addressed in the room refurbishment due to start in April 2020, which sadly was halted due to Covid-19. We understand that it creates a perception that it is dirty.

With regards to the hot water, unfortunately we cannot increase it past 60 degrees as it would not be safe.

It is unfortunate that we could not correct these matters during your stay as this is how we are able to make your stay more enjoyable and meet your expectations.

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.
Kind regards

Madeleine Roux | General Manager

Reviewed 28 June 2022

I was on a business trip with my 4 month old baby, right from the beginning, the staff were very friendly and quite accommodating. Musa at reception made sure we were comfortable throughout the stay, the hotel provided us not only with a cot, but they added a baby towel and reciever, which I thought was quite thoughtful.
Breakfast was amazing, because I only eat halaal, the chef was very accommodating and had made my eggs separately. I would definitely stay here again.

Date of stay: June 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family
Madeleine Roux, Owner at Southern Sun Rosebank, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2022

Dear business traveler,

We are so pleased that the team and services met with your expectations.
We thank you for taking the time to post your complimentary review, and look forward to having you stay with us again.
Kind regards

Reviewed 30 June 2021

I took my kids on a shopping break early June. This was my first time in Rosebank and the hotel too. It was a stay worth while. It felt like home away from home. We stayed in the junior suite which was just so comfy and luxurious and spacious too.

Date of stay: June 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Shamiso Alice M
Muhammad Rawat, Owner at Southern Sun Rosebank, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2021

Dear Shamiso Alice M
Thank you for your recent visit to the Southern Sun Rosebank. We are delighted that the hotels services and facilities exceeded your expectations and we look to welcome your return.
Muhammad

Reviewed 13 June 2021 via mobile

Southern sun has so much potention for a great hotel except for a few hiccups. When I checked in, the Concierge was not there to help with bags, worse still is even the reception officer never bothered to offer any help despite the fact I had 3 bags on me! ❌

Check in process was smooth and fast✅, the staff polite, friendly🙂 and helpful with advice on how to get around the neighbourhood.

The room are tidy, neat and comfortable. I got one at the far end which was a blessing since ones nearer the lift can be noisy. The views are awesome and my room had a bath tab (not all have this feature so if it's important for you make sure you enquire before hand).

Meals and drinks, especially meals are limited on the menu with very little variety. The restaurant -Jichana, though has fairly good food, their menu is narrow and if from outside South Africa, please don't order tea. The tea here is a big JOKE🤡

Room service is available but takes 30-60mins so don't be in a hurry, same goes for laundry services - a day and a half!❌🤡🤡🤡

The location is awesome though👍 right opposite the police station and within walking distance to the Rosebank mall, train station and many more!

Room tip: Room service and Laundry if in a hurry. Tea, especially if East or West Africa (even British). This is not tea. Please order coffee or chocolate and you will be fine🙃
Date of stay: May 2021
Trip type: Travelled on business
Muhammad Rawat, Owner at Southern Sun Rosebank, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2021

Dear MutisyaJay
Thank you for your time in posting a review.
Your comments are appreciated and we will use this constructively to better our service delivery during these difficult times.
We are however delighted that you have enjoyed your visit with us barring the few hiccups experienced.
Muhammad Rawat

Reviewed 15 March 2020 via mobile

Arrived to be told the phones weren’t working. When enquiring about room service was told it was available but I would have to come downstairs to order it.

Then found no lifts working. After enquiring from a rather disinterested staff member I was told I could use the staff lift. He then disappeared behind an unmarked door which evidently lead to the said lift. This was in a gloomy space with lights flickering on and off and filled with various bits of kitchen apparatus. It then opened upstairs to another gloomy foyer crowded with old beds.
The lift descended first to the basement where it got stuck but where another helpful staff member explained that by putting a piece of paper into the gap near the door it could be forced open. This happened twice which was rather disconcerting.

I reported this to management who seemed untroubled by these issues.

Date of stay: March 2020
1  Thank RobertA5314
muhammad_rawat, Manager at Southern Sun Rosebank, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2020

Dear RobertA5314
Thank you for your recent visit to the Southern Sun Rosebank and for your time in sharing your experience with us.
The Hotels telephone system was hit by a lightning strike which prompted an emergency replacement of all the telephones in the hotel. This has now been resolved.
The Elevators have also been a constant problem and they are being replaced as we speak. The replacement of the elevators are scheduled for completing in the next 7 weeks.

I would like to apologize and make up for the inconvenience and request if you please contact me directly on the details below .
Muhammad Rawat