Crowne Plaza Johannesburg - The Rosebank
Thaba Eco Hotel(Johannesburg)
US$143
US$89
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$111/night.

US$245
US$208
  • Pool
The Winston Hotel(Johannesburg)
US$226
US$177
Agoda.com
Faircity Mapungubwe Hotel Apartments(Johannesburg)(Great Value!)
US$64
US$57
The Reef Hotel(Johannesburg)(Great Value!)
US$72
US$59
  • Restaurant
Valverde Country Hotel(Johannesburg)(Great Value!)
US$46
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$60/night.

US$342
US$331
US$279
  • Pool
The Residence Boutique Hotel(Johannesburg)
US$366
US$347
Travelocity
All reviewsbutcher blockfresh restaurantnorth towertravel deskihg memberbusiness loungethe club loungebusiness hotelroom servicegautrain stationrain showerbreakfast buffetbusiness triphousekeeping staffrooms are comfortableshopping mallsafe area
Reviewed 7 November 2017

This is probably the best hotel I have stayed in for business in South Africa. It has all the standard features of the hotel chain. What sets it apart is the friendly and helpful staff. Everyone I met from the doorman, the waitress serving our teas, the restaurant staff and the reception were excellent. Nothing was too much trouble and everything was done with smile.
Thank you Crowne Plaza Rosebank team, it made a working week away from the family enjoyable.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
muhammad_rawat, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Johannesburg - The Rosebank, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2017

Dear Lynn W,

This is such an amazing review. We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. This is exactly the reason why we love what we do.
Your compliments will be passed along to the rest of our team.
We hope to welcome you back in the near future.
Kind regards

Reviewed 4 November 2017

The hotel itself is a good business hotel but nothing particularly special. It does the job and is conveniently located for any meetings in Rosebank. There are a few flaws - for the life of me I could never figure out the lifts in my wing of the hotel, they would appear to be going down then would head to the roof - but nothing worth moaning about.

What most impressed me was the attitude of the staff. Check in was not just polite but noticeably friendly and helpful. So was everyone else I encountered in the hotel, both at dinner in the high-end Cut restaurant (where they were showing considerable patience with a very rude guest) and at breakfast in the morning. I hope they get a decent wage because they elevate the whole place considerably.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
muhammad_rawat, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Johannesburg - The Rosebank, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2017

Dear CWrightMedia
Thank you for your comments.
The Team at Crowne Plaza Johannesburg strives itself to ensure that our valued guest experience memorable services during their stay with us. We are delighted that you have got to experience this first hand. If there are any individuals that you may recall, Please do forward these names to me as we would like to honor their services in our monthly employee meetings.
muhammad.rawat@tsogosun.com

Reviewed 3 November 2017

I stayed for six nights at the Crowne Plaza Rosebank while in Johannesburg for business, and I can’t think of anything I didn’t like about the hotel. I stayed in a King club room, which was a nice size with a comfortable bed, efficient air conditioning, plenty of desk space, a big, very chic black-tiled bathroom, and a nice west-facing view where I enjoyed the sunsets. There is no bathtub, but the shower is a roomy space, surrounded by mirrored glass with a rain shower head. The big, fluffy towels are bath sheet sized.

The room features a mini-refrigerator (not stocked during my visit, but a mini-bar menu was available), and tea and coffee pots. There is a kettle, a teapot, and a French press coffeepot, as well as coffee packets, instant coffee, hot chocolate mix, green tea, black tea, rooibos tea, sweeteners, and milk pods.

The hotel staff is friendly, charming, and eager to be of assistance. Housekeeping was excellent; the room was crisply made up each day. A buffet breakfast was provided with my room, with a nice selection of fruit, yogurt, eggs or omelets cooked to order, sausages, mushrooms, beans, cold cuts, cereals and oatmeal, breads, and pastries. I located the club room, which is next to the business center, but my schedule never allowed me to take advantage of it.

The location is good, five or six blocks straight down Tyrwhitt Avenue through the Zone shopping center, to the Gautrain. The Rosebank Mall is just a couple of blocks away, and has plenty of shopping available, including pharmacies and supermarkets. The area is undergoing a lot of construction so the sidewalks in Rosebank are a mess, but I generally felt safe on my own, even coming back later in the evening from dinner. There were a few panhandlers about, but not any worse than I have experienced in other big cities. Rosebank is well served by Uber – I used it several times during my stay, and never had to wait more than five or six minutes.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo

Dear Fedontheroad
Thank you for your time in posting a review on TripAdvisor.
We are delighted that you have enjoyed the hotels facilities and services as well as our surrounds . The hotel also provides a shuttle service within a 5km radius. This does run at designated times and can be inquired from our travel desk situated in the reception.
We look to welcome your return

Reviewed 2 November 2017 via mobile

When my employer called a meeting to start on Sunday i was very angry that they are interrupting family day. Nonetheless i went for this meeting at Crown Plaza Hotel and it was a sleep over. The beauty of the hotel, lay out, furniture, style and food comforted me. The lobby area, is very stylish, classy and with modern day furniture that propels you to want to take a picture, of which i did

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
muhammad_rawat, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Johannesburg - The Rosebank, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2017

Dear AdorableDoris
Thank you for your time in posting a review on TripAdvisor.
We are delighted that the hotels services and facilities added some comfort to you while being away from home. this is what the Team at Crowne Plaza Johannesburg strive towards.
We look to welcome your return.

Reviewed 29 October 2017

Stayed for a night at this Hotel on business. The location is convenient for access to the south and north CBDs of Johannesburg. The reception area of this hotel is impressive. Gives a very model outlook . However when you get to the room corridors , its clear that a conversion from an older hotel was done. They have tried to add some modern upgrade twist which does make it more appealing. I was upgraded, so the room size was great. The bathroom, although modern was a bit tight. Overall, the hotel and location are probably worth considering for a short trip .

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
muhammad_rawat, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Johannesburg - The Rosebank, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2017

Dear ZMR
Thank your for your recent visit and for the comments posted.
Your comments have been noted for further review by the management team.
Should you require any further information , You may contact me on the details below

muhammad.rawat@therosebank.co.za