Crowne Plaza Johannesburg - The Rosebank
Thaba Eco Hotel(Johannesburg)
US$143
US$89
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$111/night.

Faircity Mapungubwe Hotel Apartments(Johannesburg)(Great Value!)
US$64
US$57
Hotwire.com
The Reef Hotel(Johannesburg)(Great Value!)
US$72
US$59
  • Restaurant
Valverde Country Hotel(Johannesburg)(Great Value!)
US$46
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$60/night.

Curiocity Backpackers(Johannesburg)(Great Value!)
US$237
  • Pool
US$207
  • Pool
The Residence Boutique Hotel(Johannesburg)
US$366
US$347
Hotwire.com
The Winston Hotel(Johannesburg)
US$226
US$177
Agoda.com
All reviewsbutcher blockfresh restaurantnorth towertravel deskihg memberbusiness loungethe club loungebusiness hotelroom servicegautrain stationrain showerbreakfast buffetbusiness triphousekeeping staffrooms are comfortableshopping mallsafe area
Reviewed 3 November 2017

I stayed for six nights at the Crowne Plaza Rosebank while in Johannesburg for business, and I can’t think of anything I didn’t like about the hotel. I stayed in a King club room, which was a nice size with a comfortable bed, efficient air conditioning, plenty of desk space, a big, very chic black-tiled bathroom, and a nice west-facing view where I enjoyed the sunsets. There is no bathtub, but the shower is a roomy space, surrounded by mirrored glass with a rain shower head. The big, fluffy towels are bath sheet sized.

The room features a mini-refrigerator (not stocked during my visit, but a mini-bar menu was available), and tea and coffee pots. There is a kettle, a teapot, and a French press coffeepot, as well as coffee packets, instant coffee, hot chocolate mix, green tea, black tea, rooibos tea, sweeteners, and milk pods.

The hotel staff is friendly, charming, and eager to be of assistance. Housekeeping was excellent; the room was crisply made up each day. A buffet breakfast was provided with my room, with a nice selection of fruit, yogurt, eggs or omelets cooked to order, sausages, mushrooms, beans, cold cuts, cereals and oatmeal, breads, and pastries. I located the club room, which is next to the business center, but my schedule never allowed me to take advantage of it.

The location is good, five or six blocks straight down Tyrwhitt Avenue through the Zone shopping center, to the Gautrain. The Rosebank Mall is just a couple of blocks away, and has plenty of shopping available, including pharmacies and supermarkets. The area is undergoing a lot of construction so the sidewalks in Rosebank are a mess, but I generally felt safe on my own, even coming back later in the evening from dinner. There were a few panhandlers about, but not any worse than I have experienced in other big cities. Rosebank is well served by Uber – I used it several times during my stay, and never had to wait more than five or six minutes.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
muhammad_rawat, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Johannesburg - The Rosebank, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2017

Dear Fedontheroad
Thank you for your time in posting a review on TripAdvisor.
We are delighted that you have enjoyed the hotels facilities and services as well as our surrounds . The hotel also provides a shuttle service within a 5km radius. This does run at designated times and can be inquired from our travel desk situated in the reception.
We look to welcome your return

Reviewed 2 November 2017 via mobile

When my employer called a meeting to start on Sunday i was very angry that they are interrupting family day. Nonetheless i went for this meeting at Crown Plaza Hotel and it was a sleep over. The beauty of the hotel, lay out, furniture, style and food comforted me. The lobby area, is very stylish, classy and with modern day furniture that propels you to want to take a picture, of which i did

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
muhammad_rawat, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Johannesburg - The Rosebank, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2017

Dear AdorableDoris
Thank you for your time in posting a review on TripAdvisor.
We are delighted that the hotels services and facilities added some comfort to you while being away from home. this is what the Team at Crowne Plaza Johannesburg strive towards.
We look to welcome your return.

Reviewed 29 October 2017

Stayed for a night at this Hotel on business. The location is convenient for access to the south and north CBDs of Johannesburg. The reception area of this hotel is impressive. Gives a very model outlook . However when you get to the room corridors , its clear that a conversion from an older hotel was done. They have tried to add some modern upgrade twist which does make it more appealing. I was upgraded, so the room size was great. The bathroom, although modern was a bit tight. Overall, the hotel and location are probably worth considering for a short trip .

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
muhammad_rawat, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Johannesburg - The Rosebank, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2017

Dear ZMR
Thank your for your recent visit and for the comments posted.
Your comments have been noted for further review by the management team.
Should you require any further information , You may contact me on the details below

muhammad.rawat@therosebank.co.za

Reviewed 26 October 2017

A very cheerful lobby with very welcoming seating arrangements.

Jessica, the lovely front office, gave me a top floor room. She was also helpful when we could not connect to the wifi.

The room was not really big and the bathroom was quite small. There was no ceiling lights, only desk lamps. Toiletries were plentiful. The towels were large and fluffy. The rain shower had good strength.

A funny thing about the servicing of the room. When you go to breakfast, the housekeeping takes just the used bath towels and wash cloths, but the room is not serviced until later. On the 1st day, when we came from breakfast, we thought each other had hidden the towels.

Breakfast was very extensive. Several types of cereals, fresh fruits, pastries, breads, cold meats and several hot options. Cappuccinos and lattes are available. The restaurant manager was very friendly.

There is a small swimming pool, with quite a few steps, so not very disabled friendly.

There is a very nice restaurant called Clico about 150m when you turn right from the hotel front. The Rosebank Mall is very close by.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Love_Life_Sydney

Dear Love_Life_Sydney
Thank you for your time in posting a review on TripAdvisor.
We are delighted that you have enjoyed your stay with us. Your comments will be used constructively in order for us to better improve on our service delivery.
We look to welcome your return through to the Crowne Plaza Johannesburg

Reviewed 21 October 2017 via mobile

Wow wow wow.

It was our 5th anniversary and we wanted to do a hotel date night. Quite a few hotels in Jozi offers date night specials. I googled some for Rosebank as we wanted to go to some activities in the neighborhood.

The hotel was a bit busy at the reception upon arrival and checking in took a while. I also think we may have been the first couple to actually do the special.

Let me tell you, we were surprised above and beyond with what we found in our room. A cold bottle of sparkling wine, some nice fruit and nuts snacks. Rose petals all over the place. The setting was exactly what we needed. Room was so clean and modern as well as the bathroom.

Dinner was great at the Cut Restaurant and we also really enjoyed the buffet breakfast. It was a real deal for us.

Recommend it for your stay for couples. It’s close to a mall and also to activities!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
muhammad_rawat, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Johannesburg - The Rosebank, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2017

Dear Vicki T

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at Crowne Plaza Johannesburg

Its memorable experiences such as this of which the team strives towards. We are delighted that we have managed to make this experience special.

Again, thank you for choosing Crowne Plaza, and if I can be of assistance to you, please contact me directly at +27712734444 or muhammad.rawat@therosebank.co.za.

Rooms Division Manager