All reviewsnorth towerfresh restaurantihg memberbusiness loungebusiness hotelthe club loungeroom servicegautrain stationrain showerbreakfast buffetbusiness triphousekeeping staffrooms are comfortableshopping mallsafe areasouth africarosebank
Reviewed 12 September 2017 via mobile

This hotel is huge and has everything that we needed! The staff is great and the business center was great. The gym was perfect overall all the hotel was atheistically pleasing. I would deffinetly stay here again if I come back to jo burg. The manager even called us to make sure everything was fine.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Carlos V
muhammad_rawat, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Johannesburg - The Rosebank, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2017

Dear Carlos V
Thank you for your time in posting a review.
We are delighted that the hotels services and facilities met with your expectations.
Your comments will be shared with all members of the team.

Reviewed 10 September 2017

We had an excellent stay
- beds GREAT
- Bathroom very clean, in excellent condition, plenty of towels
- Staff went OVER and Beyond. Alwyn escorted us to the Rosebank mall and directed us to the area with phone providers to obtain our S.A. sim card.
- Breakfast Buffet - large selection, very good quality (egg station), meats, breads, fruits, cereals. When they saw we were big coffee drinkers they brought us a pot for our table!

Do not use the phone to set your wakeup call, ours failed. The desk later informed us that we should call the front desk for a wakeup call. But to their credit, everyone hustled to get us going on time. The breakfast staff, porter, front desk.

The hotel itself is great. Walking to dinner to the restaurants in the Rosebank mall area (1.5 blocks) is a little disconcerting until you get there, but there are some outstanding choices.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank vbnet
muhammad_rawat, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Johannesburg - The Rosebank, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2017

Dear vbnet
Thank you for your recent visit to the Crowne Plaza Johannesburg and we appreciate your valued comments with regards to your stay.
We are delighted that you enjoyed the hotel beds and other facilities of the hotel.
The Hotel provides wake up calls through our switchboard operators. Unfortunately this can not be set from the room.
Should you require any further information you may contact me directly on the e mail address below.
muhammad.rawat@tsogosun.com

Reviewed 7 September 2017

A pleasant stay with attentive staff.
Rooms were comfortable and meals good although breakfasts can be the same!
Only issue is the question of is this the best area to stay! There does not seem to be a lot to do near the hotel.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Robert H
muhammad_rawat, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Johannesburg - The Rosebank, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2017

Dear Robert H
Thank you for your time in posting a review a TripAdvisor
We are delighted that you have enjoyed your stay with us.
The hotel is situated in the Rosebank area of which is central to most of the tourist destinations. This also houses some of the renowned art galleries and is also a stone throw away from the diamond district. Rosebank is considered a Fashion Hub with well recognized fashion designers in the mall of Rosebank. It also houses some of the world renowned Restaurants. The Red Bus situated about 800 meters from the hotel and next to the Gautrain station provides easy access to the tourist hubs of the city.
Should you require any further information , Please do not hesitate to contact myself or Alwyn Hoffman our Head concierge who has ample knowledge of the area with his 40 years of experience in this field.
Contact details are as below
alwyn.hoffman@therosebank.co.za
muhammad.rawat@therosebank.co.za

Reviewed 30 August 2017 via mobile

I loved this place. The bathroom was small but the shower was amazing. The complimentary tea things were yummy! Enjoyed my short one night stay. The room was comfortable and its located within walking distance of Rosebank Mall

Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Tsitsi M
muhammad_rawat, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Johannesburg - The Rosebank, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2017

Dear Tsitsi M
Thank you for your time in posting a review.
We are delighted that you have enjoyed your stay with us and look to welcome you once again.

Reviewed 28 August 2017

I chose to stay at the Crowne Plaza because it is a good brand around the world. I have stayed in CP hotels in other countries and it was brilliant and expected the same here.

Wifi, oh my goodness. I am a business traveller, WIFI is a staple, almost more important than a bath for me. They are using a generic wifi that you can get all over SA called Always On. Because I am a business traveller my laptop has a number of security settings, pretty standard. ALWAYS ON DOESNT WORK. Well, if it does it is far too complicated to make it work.

When I called to ask for a password for the conference/meeting wifi she offered to put me through to the service provider - FOR ALWAYS ON, which is never really on.

I cannot abide being fobbed off. So, I have switched to using my very expensive data on my phone instead.

Poor show Crowne Plaza. I will stay in a cheaper but better equipped guest house next time. What a joke for an international brand to be so badly shown up in SA.

Room Tip: just dont bother if you need wifi, otherwise its an average hotel.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
muhammad_rawat, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Johannesburg - The Rosebank, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2017

Dear Pontoef
Thank you for your time in Posting a review on TripAdvisor.
The Hotel currently has a 100MB WiFi line installed. Further training will be conducted with the employees to ensure a better service delivery with regards to this.
I thank you for bringing this matter through to our attention.
Please do not hesitate to contact me directly should you require any further information on the E - Mail address below.
muhammad.rawat@tsogosun.com