“Dont stay here if Wifi is important to you”

Crowne Plaza Johannesburg - The Rosebank
Ranked #11 of 66 Hotels in Johannesburg
Reviewed 28 August 2017

I chose to stay at the Crowne Plaza because it is a good brand around the world. I have stayed in CP hotels in other countries and it was brilliant and expected the same here.

Wifi, oh my goodness. I am a business traveller, WIFI is a staple, almost more important than a bath for me. They are using a generic wifi that you can get all over SA called Always On. Because I am a business traveller my laptop has a number of security settings, pretty standard. ALWAYS ON DOESNT WORK. Well, if it does it is far too complicated to make it work.

When I called to ask for a password for the conference/meeting wifi she offered to put me through to the service provider - FOR ALWAYS ON, which is never really on.

I cannot abide being fobbed off. So, I have switched to using my very expensive data on my phone instead.

Poor show Crowne Plaza. I will stay in a cheaper but better equipped guest house next time. What a joke for an international brand to be so badly shown up in SA.

Room Tip: just dont bother if you need wifi, otherwise its an average hotel.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
muhammad_rawat, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Johannesburg - The Rosebank, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2017

Dear Pontoef
Thank you for your time in Posting a review on TripAdvisor.
The Hotel currently has a 100MB WiFi line installed. Further training will be conducted with the employees to ensure a better service delivery with regards to this.
I thank you for bringing this matter through to our attention.
Please do not hesitate to contact me directly should you require any further information on the E - Mail address below.
muhammad.rawat@tsogosun.com

Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

Very good value as an IHG pointbreaks redemption. Hotel is a little old but staff are attentive and try hard. Travel desk personnel quite knowledgeable and helpful. Shopping mall with many food options nearby. Club lounge a little disappointing - small facility with small selection.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
muhammad_rawat, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Johannesburg - The Rosebank, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2017

Dear WTisSearching

Thank you so much for your recent visit to the Crowne Plaza Johannesburg and thank you for your valuable feedback regarding your experience with us.

We are delighted that our product and service delivery met and exceeded your expectations. Your comments have been shared with all members of the team.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Crowne Plaza Johannesburg

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 27 August 2017

Staff are well trained, always cheerful. We had 3 rooms booked. Ezakiel and Lethu made me feel welcome from prior to my arrival, went the extra mile in every way and upgraded 1 room to Executive suite, 1 room to a suite connecting to a standard room due to my Spire Elite status. 2 rooms checked in separately due to arriving at different times. Peter made the check in for these 2 rooms a breeze. The only downside was that when I checked in 1 room at 12pm, which is early check in, although my Spire Elite status, I was asked to pay a fee. I expected the hotel to give me a complimentary early check in. Club lounge had a decent variety and always refilling everything. Good variety for breakfast but not spectacular. Expected a better variety.
Every hotel has room for improvement but overall its a great hotel

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Dear ASC786
Thank you for taking the time in completing the survey.
We appreciate your feedback and are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.
Ezekiel and Lethu will be recognized for the efforts
We look forward to seeing you once again at the Crowne Plaza Johannesburg
Warm regards,

Reviewed 19 August 2017

We switched to the Crowne Plaza from another well-known hotel nearby because it was slightly cheaper (likely because breakfast isn't included here). The service is amazing: we walked into the lobby and were helped immediately each time. The lobby and public areas are beautiful, and the room isn't terrible either. The only negatives about the room are the cramped bathroom and the lack of outlets (there weren't any by the bedsides).

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank SnappleSpice
muhammad_rawat, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Johannesburg - The Rosebank, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2017

Dear SnappleSpice
Thank you for your recent visit to the Crowne Plaza Johannesburg.
We are delighted that the Crowne Plaza has exceeded your expectations and we look to welcome your return soon.

Reviewed 18 August 2017

In particular to Alwyn an efficient & always warm welcoming to guests, will make & resolve all requests from the guests.
Other staff may be slow in meeting & resolving requests, just a call to Alwyn & he will get all done immediately.

Been here many times, months ago the laundry ruined my clothes from red to faded pink. The hotel should recover that by giving me a complimentary meal e.g. Breakfast or free access to the lounge, unfortunately noting was done.

Nevertheless, good location to malls, nice restaurants & with the efficiency of Alwyn, a great hotel!

Room Tip: All rooms are good size.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
muhammad_rawat, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Johannesburg - The Rosebank, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2017

Dear Bella P

Thank you for your time in posting a review.
We are delighted that Alwyn goes the extra mile and assisted you during your visit with us. He will be recognized for his efforts in our monthly employee meeting.
We look to welcome your return through to the Crowne Plaza Johannesburg