Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews sister restaurant tuc tuc amazing pizza guest house large bed stayed here for nights place to stay next morning wonderful stay delicious breakfast rooms are spacious netflix leigh staycation melville hosts barista
Selected filters
Reviewed 31 May 2018

Overall an incredible experience with great decor, super friendly staff and lovely rooms. I have no complaints about the stay and the price was extremely fair for the quality of the room. Definitely the place to stay for young people spending time in Johannesburg, especially if on vacation.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
LeighRoux, Owner at Pablo House, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2018

Thank you so much for this review, we really appreciate it and are so glad you enjoyed Pablo House! We hope to see you back again.

Reviewed 30 May 2018

I booked and cancel this Guest House twice but I decided I wanted a more intimate and personal touch to our stay in Johannesburg. The Pablo Guest House was my choice and I am glad we did. I love B&B style accommodations and The Pablo Guest House is by far the BEST hidden gem in the Jo'burg area.
From arrival to departure the stay was incredible. My sister and I felt more like family than guest. The stunning artwork that adorn the walls in the common area will take your breath away.
We were even treated to a grilled Ostrich dinner - oh talk about delicious! If you could find more incredible views than those offered from The Pablo House I would like to see them for myself.. Perched high atop of a hill, I can only say it was breath taking views any time of the day or night.

Staff: Extremely attentive and accommodating no matter what hour of the day or night

Room: Beautifully decorated and very spacious. The bed was extremely comfortable. Open your glass doors and step outside your room to another glass enclosed seating area--it was more like bringing the views outside - in.

Breakfast: We were Uber'd to breakfast at the Pablo Eggs Go Bar restaurant minutes away. The food was always delicious, hot, and the creative combinations of specialty meals made for exciting choices daily. Watching your juice being made in any combination of fruits and veggies was fun to watch. The place is as eclectic, shabby chic, bustling, and fun and as the Pablo House is comfortable and inviting.

Bathroom: Huge, walk in shower, very modern and tastefully decorated.

Would I return: Indeed I would, I have found my home away from home. I will return.

Would I recommend Pablo House to Family and Friends: Definitely, I already have

Room tip: All the rooms offer the same incredible views--there is no "bad" room location
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
LeighRoux, Owner at Pablo House, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2018

Wow! Thank you so very much for taking the time to write this review. We really appreciate it. The PH team loved hosting both of you and we are so glad you enjoyed your experience with us, we just loved meeting both of you and really look forward to having you back when next in Jozi!

Reviewed 29 May 2018 via mobile

I’m surprised this place doesn’t have more reviews! The rooms and the view are beautiful. All of the staff is incredibly kind - I would recommend this place to everyone. The main part of Melville is within walking distance - it’s a totally cool part of Johannesburg.

Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank 209meghank
LeighRoux, Owner at Pablo House, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2018

Thank you so much for your review, we appreciate you taking the time! We loved hosting you really hope to see you again when next in Jozi! :)

Reviewed 29 May 2018 via mobile

Had a wonderful stay at Pablo House and can definitely recommend staying here! We had rooms with an amazing view of Jo’burg, we felt safe, the rooms were clean and the staff so helpful. Walking distance to restaurants and bars, but take an Uber after sunset

Trip type: Travelled on business
LeighRoux, Owner at Pablo House, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2018

Thanks for your review, we really appreciate it and hope to see you again!

Reviewed 25 May 2018

So I stayed at Pablo House for 7 days and had as superb time. From the initial welcome till checking out I was so pleased.

The Views are stunning, and surprising as they're not the usual JHB skylines you're used to.

the art on the walls made me a little jealous, some true masterpieces!

The bed was incredibly comfortable (Thank heavens, this is so rare)

the manageress and owners were more than willing to go the extra mile to help make my stay extra pleasant.

I really wish my GF was with me, cos ... #romance

• Trip type: Travelled on business
LeighRoux, Owner at Pablo House, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2018

Thank you so much for this great review. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to hosting you again soon!