All reviews free shuttle jazz club industrial style painted black minor problem gym and swimming pool city view the hotel offers nice hotel maboneng precinct front desk staff johannesburg cbd continental breakfast the hotel staff hotel is located park station the ground floor
Reviewed 21 March 2018 via mobile

Excellent boutique hotel
Big room and very trendy and clean
Loved their bus services to surrounding area
Very good front desk and helpful
Good place for coffee and meet up with friends
Love the city lots to see and do

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
robertE6554DR, General Manager at Hallmark House, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2018

Dear Gumchiu

Thank you for sharing your experience from you stay at Hallmark house.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and that the front desk team was helpful.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kind regards, Robert Chifunyise

Reviewed 10 March 2018 via mobile

Hallmark House was our start in a 4week journey thruogh SA. When we arrived there was no electricity and no water, they promised us it would work again from 4 pm. Until 9pm we were asked if we want to move to another hotel, after everything was already unpacked. Unfortunately, we dont habe recived a refund. Hotel is not recommended!

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Christian

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I would like to sincerely apologise for the electricity issue that occurred during your stay. On the day we were informing guests that electricity and water would be fixed and back by 4pm, as that is the time I had been given by the council. By 9pm they had not come to fix the issue, so that is when I made a decision to relocate guests to another hotel as that was the last resort.
I am sorry that you had a bad experience and we are willing to refund you for the 1 night that you had to stay without water and electricity.
Please email me on Robert@hallmarkhouse.co.za, so we can facilitate the refund.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Robert

Reviewed 1 March 2018

I stayed at Hallmark multiple times. I must say that every stay was very special and the hotel staff always gives a warm welcome and is just amazing. Everything is brand new and the location is great to explore the hotspots of arts of main and fox street. The location is near downtown but we felt very safe at all-time. The hotel is very easy to reach just from highway, just like 50 meters after exit Joe slovo. The rooms do look every boutique hotel style, modern and have nice views during the nights. I would recommend Hallmark to everyone!

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
robertE6554DR, General Manager at Hallmark House, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2018

Dear Marco C

Thank you for staying with us again and for sharing your hallmark house experience.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 9 February 2018

Place was fantastic! Room was big, very clean and bathroom was also a very size with shower and a tub.
People were very kind and polite.
Breakfast was filled with hearty and healthy items.
And shuttle bus to Maboneng was very nice touch (Last one leaves from Maboneng at 6:30PM), wish shuttle runs to till late. Just call Uber if you missed the last one, cost me only R21.
I had great stay! Thanks hotel!

Room Tip: Pay bit more and get an executive room !!!
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
robertE6554DR, General Manager at Hallmark House, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2018

Dear This-is-He

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your Hallmark experience. I am delighted that you had a great stay.

We hope to see you again in the near future.

Robert Chifunyise

Reviewed 5 February 2018

Hallmark House hotel is lovely. Rooms are large and modern. The staff are very friendly, attentive and professional. The location can put you off , due to the level of homesless, but please don't be deterred. There is a great buzz in the local area with great restaurants and bars. There was a free shuttle bus, but I think this ceased in January, therefore ask for other alternatives.
Great value!

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends

Dear Debsmillen66

Thank you for your review. I am delighted that you found Hallmark House to be lovely and the staff friendly, attentive and professional.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kind regards,