Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews craighall park home away from home delta park the cottages short or long term stay homemade muesli fabulous hosts sun deck green oasis beautiful pool needed a place to stay self contained private garden walking distance like coming home lovely guesthouse delicious breakfast
Selected filters
Reviewed 7 February 2020

The Amanzi is a very warm and friendly green oasis in Craighall Park. Pam and Rob have created a wonderful place which makes you feel home away from home from day one. I stayed in one of the cottages for 7 months. The setup is such that there is the right balance having privacy and space while having the ability to meet and interact with other guests and staff. The staff is very helpful with anything you might need. The breakfast is a great start of the day, Deli and Thabang are doing a great job preparing a tasty hot breakfast (yummy mushrooms with the scrambled eggs). The cottage was cleaned every day, even the dishes were taken care of when I forgot. Lena was very careful with my dresses and other laundry. So I felt very spoilt. And the sun deck is a great place to have a drink and unwind. The Delta Park and the SPAR (together with some other shops) are at walking distance. So are a few neighborhood cafes and restaurants. Furthermore, Rosebank and Hyde Park corner are close, too. Overall, a great place to stay. Highly recommended.

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Travelled on business
Pamela Klette, Owner at Amanzi Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2020

Dear MariaMokum
Thank you for writing such a lovely review - really so happy that you felt comfortable and at home at Amanzi - we miss you - after your 7 month stay with us!! It was great to have some catch ups on the deck, and get to know you. Thank you also for writing how central and convenient Amanzi is situated for the Park, shops and restaurants. We love being close to these facilities, yet quiet...
Wishing you everything of the best, and plenty of new adventures!
Pam, Rob and the Amanzi team

Reviewed 22 December 2019

I recently enjoyed 2 incredible days of rest and serious relaxation at the beautiful Amanzi Guest House. After a busy year, I wanted to spend the time unwinding and indeed I did just that in this beautiful, green and peaceful urban oasis. From start to finish I was made to feel like part of the family - Pam and Rob were fabulous hosts, friendly but not intrusive at all - and the guesthouse dogs Max and Shadow were as welcoming as their owners. I slept in and enjoyed tasty breakfasts, featuring homemade muesli, freshly made hot breakfasts and tasty baked treats too. The property is quiet and chilling by the pool with a book, or on the upstairs deck watching the beautiful sunsets was a balm to my tired soul. Highly recommend Amanzi for a short or long term stay, they are perfectly located and close to shops, Sandton, Rosebank areas. Your home away from home in Craighall Park.

Date of stay: December 2019
Pamela K, Owner at Amanzi Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2019

Dear HeatherHook
We enjoyed meeting you and thank you for writing such a lovely review. So pleased you rested and relaxed and enjoyed your stay with us. I think we are very lucky here, as its hard to believe that the buzz of the city is close by. Craighall Park is known for its convenience - close to Hyde Park shops, a few kilometres from Rosebank, yet down the road, is Delta Park, where we so enjoy a daily walk with the dogs. Max and Shadow say "Woof" and we look forward to another stay when you need relax and unwind.
Warm regards from all of us at Amanzi
Pam

Reviewed 18 December 2019

This is my third stay at Amanzi and as usual the stay was wonderful. Clean, luxurious and comfortable accomodation. Pam, Rob and their warm friendly staff make one feel very welcome. Delicious breakfast ...
Always appreciate the fresh flowers in the apartment. Enjoyed relaxing on the deck.
Excellent restaurants in the surrounding area. Definately recommend Amanzi as a great place to stay

Date of stay: November 2019
Pamela K, Owner at Amanzi Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2019

Dear MicheleCoh
I can't tell you how happy we are that you choose to come back again and again to Amanzi. We so enjoy having you stay here and love your positivity. Thank you for your lovely review, and by the way, i have used your American scone recipe a couple of times for guests on a Sunday. Guests love them! Look forward to your next trip.
Warmly from all of us at Amanzi
Pam

Reviewed 1 December 2019

Felt more like being at home.

The tranquil spirit of the area and very welcoming Pam was what made our stay so great. It accommodated our little daughter with a crib of her own.
We enjoyed our private space with garden very much plus the amazing hospitality. I

We definitely recommend this place to anyone with family looking for a stay around craighall park.

Date of stay: November 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Pamela K, Owner at Amanzi Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2019

Dear Phumzilemadonsela
Thank you so much for your lovely review. We were so happy you chose to stay at Amanzi, and that you enjoyed your few days with us. I appreciate your words about the tranquility of the garden area - as i really spend a lot of time trying to create a peaceful oasis away from the city buzz. We look forward to having you stay again the next time you are in Jozi :)
Warm regards
Pam, and the Amanzi team

Reviewed 14 November 2019

I was working in Johannesburg for a month and this lovely little oasis in the vibrant city made me feel like home within a couple of minutes. The location is very safe, both staff and owners are incredible. Whenever I will be back in Jo'burg, this will be my first choise.

Date of stay: October 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Pamela K, Owner at Amanzi Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2019

Hello JuliaG1935
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. It was lovely to meet you and get to know you in the month you stayed with us :) When you return, there will always be room for you. Wishing you all the best.
Pam, Rob and the Amanzi staff.