All reviews craighall park home away from home guest house delta park hosts pam sound of running water home baked bread automatic choice lovely hosts daily breakfast second home beautiful garden bird life longer stay hot and cold options an oasis big city
Reviewed 31 October 2018

Even if just for a night - What a great stay!
The Rooms are lovely, very comfortable and clean. The breakfast is delicious and freshly prepared. Thanks so much for a friendly and warm welcome to Pam and Rob
We feel like home and will stay again in this beautiful Guest House, if we are visiting Johannesburg.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Pamela K, Owner at Amanzi Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2018

Dear Zocher couple
Thank you for taking the trouble to write a review and SO pleased you felt warmly welcomed and enjoyed your stay with us. Thabang is especially pleased that you enjoyed his breakfast! Look forward to your next trip in Johannesburg - and of course, if you have friends coming to Johannesburg, we would love them to stay with us as well!
Warm regards
Pam, Rob and the Amanzi team

Reviewed 22 October 2018

....cant say enough about the warmth and hospitality we consistently receive at Amanzi Guest House. We don't even look for accommodation options when we travel to South Africa anymore. Its the only place we choose to stay and would highly recommend!!!

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Pamela K, Owner at Amanzi Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2018

Hi Maruza C
I am so pleased that you feel warmly welcome at Amanzi :) Thank you for your review, and for taking the time to write it. Its really good to know that you dont even look for alternative options in Joburg! You know how much we enjoy having you stay at Amanzi. Our only request is that you bring the children next time :)
Warm regards from all of us at Amanzi!
Pam

Reviewed 10 October 2018 via mobile

An idyllic retreat in the northern suburbs of Jo'burg! My husband and I spent only a few nights at Amanzi before our safari in Botswana and Zambia. Our mistake was not staying LONGER!! The BEAUTIFUL setting, the fresh, lovingly presented breakfasts, our accommodations ( inviting pool, inviting deck....we hardly had time to enjoy!!) and last but not least, Pam and Rob, our hosts. We honestly felt like we were visiting old friends with whom we were catching up after not having seen each other a bit. We were sorry to leave!!

Looking forward to a return one of these days.
Linda and Hal H. Fairfax, Virginia USA

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Pamela K, Owner at Amanzi Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2018

Dear Linda and Hal
What a pleasure it was to meet you two, and so happy you enjoyed staying with us - thank you for kind compliments and sweet words.
Hopefully there will be another time when you return to SA for another Safari. A Safari is a unique experience, and hope everything lived up to your dreams.
Joburg is underestimated, and so many overseas guests wish they had stayed longer in this bustling vibrant city.
Thank you again for taking the time to write a review - its so appreciated.
Warm regards from all of us at Amanzi
Pam and Rob

Reviewed 5 October 2018 via mobile

Live staying at Amanzi while in Johannesburg for business. The owner Pam is lovely and all the staff are always helpful and friendly. The rooms are very spacious with everything you need and more. Atmosphere with the beautiful garden is so peaceful you really don't feel like you are in Sandton. Can recommend to any family or business travelers. Breakfast is amazing with a homely feel to it. Live staying here

Trip type: Travelled on business
Pamela K, Owner at Amanzi Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2018

Dear Jorica11
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review.- so happy that you love staying at Amanzi. I really appreciate your positive feedback about our helpfulness and friendliness. And that you enjoy staying in the apartment overlooking the (jungle) garden :) Look forward to your next trip.
Warm regards from
The Amanzi team

Reviewed 2 October 2018

Having stayed here before, I tried to book a second time. My booking was confirmed and then the next day cancelled because a larger booking request came through that required the remaining rooms and clearly mean more money for the owner. I stupidly thought I would give her another chance to redeem herself and the same thing happened, this time for a longer staying guest. Honouring a guest's booking is the 101 of running a bed and breakfast. I'm flawed by the audacity and this owner's unashamed quest for money.

Room tip: Book somewhere else. And tell your friends too.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Ginny F
Pamela K, Owner at Amanzi Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2018

Dear Ginny F
You sent an email booking request at 7 in the morning, and I responded promptly. As I hadn't had your confirmation by the afternoon, I did indeed take another booking. I sent an email explaining that I hadn't had your confirmation (and many guests don't confirm their bookings) and suggested a lovely alternative guesthouse very close by if you still needed accommodation- also 4 star, and highly rated on Trip Advisor. I'm truly sorry if you think I was rude - Rob and I really go all out to do our best to accommodate and assist our guests.
Sincerely