US$173
Thaba Eco Hotel(Johannesburg)
US$164
US$105
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$130/night.

The Winston Hotel(Johannesburg)
US$229
US$184
Agoda.com
Faircity Mapungubwe Hotel Apartments(Johannesburg)(Great Value!)
US$70
US$54
The Reef Hotel(Johannesburg)(Great Value!)
US$73
US$62
  • Restaurant
Curiocity Backpackers(Johannesburg)(Great Value!)
US$44
US$27
Hostelworld.com
  • Bar/Lounge
Valverde Country Hotel(Johannesburg)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$44
HotelsClick
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$52/night.

Free cancellation until 28/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$349
US$290
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$324/night.

US$455
US$438
Agoda.com
All reviewscraighall parkbedroom cottagehome away from homeguest housedelta parkhosts pamsound of running waterhome baked breadneighborhood restaurantsapartments are spaciouslovely hostslong staysuburban areabird lifelonger staylovely gardenan oasis
Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

People who like books are the best kind of people. People who like books and create beautiful spaces, oases from the city - the kind of space that makes you feel like you are on a retreat - are better. Amanzi is an oasis and a perfect place to relax or work from. The light and space in the loft is amazing, the bed super comfy, and the wifi very fast. Pamela and Rob were helpful with recommendations and made a great breakfast (home baked bread, eggs, great mushrooms, yoghurts - the lot!). They even went above and beyond to jumpstart our car. We definitely would come back to stay, and recommend to others.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Pamela K, Owner at Amanzi Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2017

Dear Bantam-hen
Guests who enjoy books are great, but guests who read and travel are the best!
It was fun to talk and share books read, And you are our first guests from Panama too!
So happy you felt that Amanzi was an oasis in the city, and you were super comfortable.
It’s really encouraging when guests feel so at home in this city which gets such bad press.
Thank you for your lovely review, and Rob and I hope our paths cross one day again. You know you will always be welcome to stay at Amanzi!
Warm regards
Pam

Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

Better than home away from home. My children & I spent over 5 months at Amanzi Guest Lodge in Craighall Park. We loved every minute, from the exceptional accommodation, incredibly delicious home cooked breakfasts, gorgeous environment, wonderful library, to the wonderful hospitality & overwhelming assistance from Pam, Rob & the team (Thabang, Deli, Lena, Ryan and Leeane). No request of ours was too much trouble. The staff were extremely accommodating at all times & bent over backwards to ensure our stay was more than pleasant. Thank you, we will definitely stay again

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
pamelamary52, Owner at Amanzi Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2017

Dear Debbie
Gosh! Thank you so much for your really lovely review - we loved having you and your children stay with us, and in the 5 months you felt truly part of the family!! It was easy to bend over backwards to help you in any way we could! The Amanzi team misses you three but wish you well in your new life :)
Warm regards from the Amanzi team
Pam

Reviewed 6 October 2017

I travel a lot and Amanzi is one of my favourite guesthouses! I love the apartments which are well equipped and very comfortable, with their beautiful garden views. Pam and her great team made me very welcome and take care of every need!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
pamelamary52, Owner at Amanzi Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2017

Dear T8872BEteresag
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on Amanzi, after all your travelling! You are always welcome at Amanzi and happy that you feel comfortable and well taken care of :)
Pam, Rob and the Amanzi team

Reviewed 22 August 2017

I have been coming to the Amanzi for two years now and won't stay anywhere else in Johannesburg. I absolutely love the owners, their home, all the staff, the dogs, and every room and cottage (I've stayed in every one!). I can't recommend this place enough - it's beautiful, safe, near a park, good restaurants, the service is incredible, the apartments are private and each beautifully designed, it's quiet and peaceful and not only is the management fantastic (Pam and Rob have become dear friends) but the guests all seem to be wondreful too. This place exudes warmth and I'm relieved every time I have to come to Joburg knowing that there's the Amanzi.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Pamela K, Owner at Amanzi Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2017

Dear Andrea
Your visits always make us all smile at Amanzi. We love having you stay with us. You are always so appreciative and fit in like family. Thank you for your lovely review and comments about Amanzi and the area. It's wonderful for us that you feel so comfortable staying, and that you feel safe and find the area convenient. I have been happy in this area for over 30 years!!
Look forward to your next visit!
Pam, Rob and the Amanzi team

Reviewed 7 August 2017

I stayed at Amanzi for three weeks in June upon relocating to South Africa. I picked one of the studios as I was alone and it was a lot of space for one, furnished very nicely and with all the necesary equiment for a long stay.
My highlights were the breakfasts, where I was greeted by the lovely team, as well as their pets. It just gave me a very homey feeling.
The team is always on call to answer any questions or help sort any issues.
I highly recommend Amanzi.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
Pamela K, Owner at Amanzi Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2017

Dear Wanderlust
What a warm review- we are so happy you felt at home, and comfortable. Thank you for your lovely comments about the space and how you felt breakfasts were the highlight. We also so enjoy it when our guests are enjoying themselves And are relaxed and happy.
Wishing you all the best in your new space
Leeane, Ryan, and the rest of the Amanzi team