Amanzi Guest House
Agoda.com
US$256
US$238
Orbitz.com
All reviewsbedroom cottagecraighall parkhome away from homeguest househosts pamsound of running waterhome baked breaddelta parksilver birch cottageneighborhood restaurantsapartments are spaciousloft stylefiltered waterclose to hyde parklovely hostslistening to the birdslong stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

Better than home away from home. My children & I spent over 5 months at Amanzi Guest Lodge in Craighall Park. We loved every minute, from the exceptional accommodation, incredibly delicious home cooked breakfasts, gorgeous environment, wonderful library, to the wonderful hospitality & overwhelming assistance from Pam, Rob & the team (Thabang, Deli, Lena, Ryan and Leeane). No request of ours was too much trouble. The staff were extremely accommodating at all times & bent over backwards to ensure our stay was more than pleasant. Thank you, we will definitely stay again

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
pamelamary52, Owner at Amanzi Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2017

Dear Debbie
Gosh! Thank you so much for your really lovely review - we loved having you and your children stay with us, and in the 5 months you felt truly part of the family!! It was easy to bend over backwards to help you in any way we could! The Amanzi team misses you three but wish you well in your new life :)
Warm regards from the Amanzi team
Pam

Reviewed 6 October 2017

I travel a lot and Amanzi is one of my favourite guesthouses! I love the apartments which are well equipped and very comfortable, with their beautiful garden views. Pam and her great team made me very welcome and take care of every need!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
pamelamary52, Owner at Amanzi Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2017

Dear T8872BEteresag
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on Amanzi, after all your travelling! You are always welcome at Amanzi and happy that you feel comfortable and well taken care of :)
Pam, Rob and the Amanzi team

Reviewed 22 August 2017

I have been coming to the Amanzi for two years now and won't stay anywhere else in Johannesburg. I absolutely love the owners, their home, all the staff, the dogs, and every room and cottage (I've stayed in every one!). I can't recommend this place enough - it's beautiful, safe, near a park, good restaurants, the service is incredible, the apartments are private and each beautifully designed, it's quiet and peaceful and not only is the management fantastic (Pam and Rob have become dear friends) but the guests all seem to be wondreful too. This place exudes warmth and I'm relieved every time I have to come to Joburg knowing that there's the Amanzi.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Pamela K, Owner at Amanzi Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2017

Dear Andrea
Your visits always make us all smile at Amanzi. We love having you stay with us. You are always so appreciative and fit in like family. Thank you for your lovely review and comments about Amanzi and the area. It's wonderful for us that you feel so comfortable staying, and that you feel safe and find the area convenient. I have been happy in this area for over 30 years!!
Look forward to your next visit!
Pam, Rob and the Amanzi team

Reviewed 7 August 2017

I stayed at Amanzi for three weeks in June upon relocating to South Africa. I picked one of the studios as I was alone and it was a lot of space for one, furnished very nicely and with all the necesary equiment for a long stay.
My highlights were the breakfasts, where I was greeted by the lovely team, as well as their pets. It just gave me a very homey feeling.
The team is always on call to answer any questions or help sort any issues.
I highly recommend Amanzi.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
Pamela K, Owner at Amanzi Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2017

Dear Wanderlust
What a warm review- we are so happy you felt at home, and comfortable. Thank you for your lovely comments about the space and how you felt breakfasts were the highlight. We also so enjoy it when our guests are enjoying themselves And are relaxed and happy.
Wishing you all the best in your new space
Leeane, Ryan, and the rest of the Amanzi team

Reviewed 11 July 2017

Amanzi is our automatic choice if we are heading for Jo'burg. Jacaranda Cottage proved the perfect base. It is comfortable (including the bed) and well equipped. Water was always piping hot. And breakfast was enough to negate the need for lunch. Our hosts looked after us perfectly. Always helpful, but never intrusive. The garden includes a decorative stream and is inhabited by hadida ibis, and the house lies in a leafy suburban area. We walked to a nearby café and park and felt quite safe doing so. Wifi was fast and available throughout. Highly recommended. We are greatly disappointed when it has been full and we have not been able to secure a room.

Room Tip: All rooms seem quiet and well equipped. Cottages give some extra space at little extra cost.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 1234GG1234

Dear 1234GG
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. We so appreciate it and hope that we will always be able to accommodate you when you head for Joburg.
Thank you for your positive comments about comfort- including the bed. We put great emphasis on comfort, and a good sleep in a quality bed with crisp linen is high on our list.
Glad you enjoyed the neighbourhood, and the park.
Look forward to your nest visit.
Best wishes from all of us at Amanzi!