Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews craighall park home away from home delta park the cottages short or long term stay homemade muesli fabulous hosts sun deck green oasis beautiful pool needed a place to stay self contained private garden walking distance like coming home lovely guesthouse delicious breakfast
Selected filters
Reviewed 18 April 2016

I stayed a few nights at Amanzi guesthouse while in Johannesburg for work and was so pleasantly surprised by the hospitality and light and clean accommodations. I found the entire staff to be warm and welcoming from the time I arrived until the time I left for the airport. My apartment was quiet and the grounds were pristine. I felt very comfortable and relaxed during my entire stay and was able to accomplish a lot of work while also feeling like I was truly on vacation from a hectic travel schedule. Thank you for a terrific first experience in South Africa! I will definitely be back!

Date of stay: April 2016
1  Thank kierst84
pamelamary52, Manager at Amanzi Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2016

Thanks so much for visiting Amanzi! So glad you were able to have a productive and restful time. Please come again if you are ever in Johannesburg.

From all the staff at Amanzi

Reviewed 10 April 2016

Because of business reasons I stayed in the Amanzi for six months.
The location of the Guest Gouse is just perfect. Restaurants, malls, a gym and a beautiful park is nearby.
The Amanzi is an idyllic place with a variety of different birds and plants and a lot of little hidden characteristics.
The personnel is outstanding friendly and focused to make sure that the guests are happy with everything.
I never had such lovely hosts like Pam and Rob. During my entire stay I didn’t feel like a stranger at all but like a guest living in a lovely environment that became a second home.
Thank you all for making my time in Joburg so pleasant and enjoyable!

Date of stay: March 2016
1  Thank Daniel F
pamelamary52, Manager at Amanzi Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2016

Hi Daniel,

Thanks so much for your feedback. Amanzi's location is a key asset to many of our guests. We are very pleased to have made your stay enjoyable and hope to welcome you back in the future.

Regards
James (on behalf of Pam and the rest of the staff)
Current locum manager

Reviewed 9 April 2016

We - a family with two small children - stayed in one of the cottages. The cottage was of a very high standard. The entire premise feels secluded from the buzz of Joburg. For any request, a solution was found to make our stay as esay and enjoyable as possible.

Date of stay: April 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Volker B
Pamela K, Manager at Amanzi Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2016

Thanks for the great review Volker. We are glad that we were able to make you stay enjoyable and relaxing and that we were able to assist you with requests where possible.
Hope to see you soon,
James (on behalf of Pam)

Reviewed 31 March 2016

As expats returning to South Africa we spent a month at Amanzi guesthouse while we searched for permanent accommodation and we could not have stayed at a more comfortable and relaxing place during the transition! The accommodation is tastefully modern and extremely comfortable with a beautiful tree filled garden, swimming pool and comfortable deck. The word Amanzi means water in Zulu and is very appropriate for this guesthouse with the tranquil sound of running water ever present. The owners, Rob and Pam, are extremely friendly and helpful and will make you feel as though you’re staying in your own house. I can’t recommend this place enough whether it be for a week, month or a year!

Date of stay: January 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Alan S
Pamela K, Owner at Amanzi Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2016

Thank you so much for the kind words and for staying with us at Amanzi. We're always happy to hear that the space we have created is appreciated by the people we created it for: our guests! :) Please visit us again soon.

Reviewed 25 March 2016

Finally back at Amanzi Guest House after a 5 year gap. While I was always impressed with the place (see previous review) it only got better. Just to mention 2 things: more cute dogs and a sundeck, where the WiFi coverage is good enough to put in a days work.
And not to forget: what a pleasant suburb to be in (Craighall Park) is. Perfectly safe with a friendly neighbourhood restaurant (Cnr Cafe) and a super market (Spar) at walking distance. Easy jog to the nearby park, featuring open grassland with many birds to see. Great for running, cycling and walking the dogs.

Date of stay: March 2016
1  Thank fokkog
pamelamary52, Owner at Amanzi Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2016

Dear FokkoG
Thank you for your great review on Amanzi once again! So happy that you thought we had made improvements, and i cant help agreeing with you about our sundeck and the neighbourhood :) We love our sundeck, and are delighted when guests also use it - either to work, have a glass of wine, read a book... just hang out. Delta Park also often gets used by our guests who enjoy a run or walk. Thank you also for mentioning our convenient shops and restaurants within walking distance.
We hope you will be back again, and hopefully with your family.
Best wishes from all of us at Amanzi.
Pam, Rob, and the team