Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews craighall park home away from home delta park the cottages short or long term stay homemade muesli fabulous hosts sun deck green oasis beautiful pool needed a place to stay self contained private garden walking distance like coming home lovely guesthouse delicious breakfast
Selected filters
Reviewed 23 December 2015 via mobile

A truly wonderful place to stay, spent a week there with my wife and six month old. Fantastic room, great amenities. Had a lovely breakfast every morning. Nice and quiet neighbourhood really close to Sandton and Cresta. I would highly recommend it to anyone looking to stay comfortably in Johannesburg. Really great value for money! Pam, Rob and the staff are fantastic people, always a smile when they see you, so lovely to have met them all and will definitely be back!!

Trip type: Travelled with family
Pamela K, Owner at Amanzi Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2015

Dear Jonathan and family
We so enjoyed meeting you and loved having your family stay here. Thank you for your lovely review. The next time your little one will be crawling i guess! So pleased you were comfortable and enjoyed our breakfasts. Yes, Craighall Park is convenient and much more of a neighbourhood area than the Sandton areas.
Look forward to your next trip - warm regards from all of us at Amanzi!

Reviewed 14 December 2015

Immaculately clean rooms which are preciously spacious, well ventilated with crisp clean, white cotton linen (a must for me). A dreamy garden that allows you to fall asleep to the lullaby sound of running water from their waterfall. The breakfast is made with love: freshly squeezed orange juice with delicious free range products and fresh pesticide-free vegetables straight from their own garden!
Pam and Rob are superb hosts who are more then willing to go the extra mile tending to your every need, (even in the middle of the night if need be) and making you feel very at home.
My absolute best is the fact that their vegetable patch extends to the outside verge with a little sign reading "pick what you can but leave some for your brothers'! This bears testament to the kindness and generosity of the hosts, and the welcome energy you can feel straight from arrival. I look forward to visiting again and again.

Room tip: I have yet to explore all room types but my apartment was spacious and lovely with its own balcony
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Pamela K, Owner at Amanzi Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2015

Dear Diony
Thank you for your glowing review and we are delighted to hear that you feel we are the best B&B you have stayed in!!! Hi praise! And happy you liked that the apartments are spacious and clean, - crisp white linen is also a must for me! Yes, we do take pride in giving our guests the best quality breakfast options we can. We strive to ensure our guests feel special and welcome.
Looking forward to seeing you next year.
All the best
Pam, Rob and our staff

Reviewed 8 December 2015

We stayed at Amanzi recently and thoroughly enjoyed our stay, it was quiet and peaceful with every need taken care of. Pam and Rob are excellent hosts paying attention to every detail. The cottage was far from basic with every amenity needed as a travelor and we particularly loved the homely decor. We enjoyed the pool and the opportunity to be within such a lovely tranquil garden, including the dogs and cat.
Also their vegetable garden is a unique and exceptional offering to community and worth a visit.
Thank you very much, Caroline and Ben

Room tip: loved the quiet cottage garden feel
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Pamela K, Owner at Amanzi Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2015

Dear Caroline and Ben,
Thank you very much for your lovely review. Rob and I are so pleased you enjoyed our little oasis in Johannesburg! Glad you made use of our swimming pool and thank you for your comment on the pavement community garden. Its received such a lot of positive attention especially recently, which delights me. Just wish more people would use their pavements for vegetables for the community.
Best wishes to you both
Pam, Rob and our staff

Reviewed 30 November 2015

The Amanzi Guest House is the perfect place for short or extended stays... I was there for almost 3 weeks (I have been to Joburg numerous times) and this was by far the best place I have stayed... all the cottages and apartments are just gorgeous; decorated beautifully; lovely setting (lots of trees, great light, lovely deck and pool, quiet); 5 mins from Delta park where I could run; minutes from food shopping, great restaurants, 4th Ave, - I'll be coming here every time I visit Johannesburg. Pam is the kindest, warmest nicest hostess - the staff were beyond super - breakfast with fresh fruit and eggs to order...I actually felt sad leaving and can't wait to return. It really felt like staying with extended family but better :) - and I will be booking here for every visit to Johannesburg. So glad I found this place!!

Date of stay: November 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Pamela K, Owner at Amanzi Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2015

Dear Andrea,
We are so glad you found Amanzi too! Thank you for your review and glowing words. We are delighted you felt so comfortable here - and that you enjoyed our setting. I bought the property 29 years ago because of the trees and the neighbourhood and have loved living here ever since. As you say, its great to have Delta Park down the road to walk/run/cycle in, and the neighbourhood is so convenient for shopping, ease of living and restaurants.
Wishing you a wonderful holiday and look forward to your return next year!
Warm wishes from all of us at Amanzi
Pam

Reviewed 23 November 2015

If you ever have to stay in Johannesburg, this is where you want to stay.
The rooms are luxurious & cover your every need; the gardens feel like you are in a oasis, the service was OUTSTANDING and the breakfast were yummy and my kids had a ball swimming every afternoon. It is a place to escape the hustle & bustle

Room tip: They are all amazing
Date of stay: October 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Pamela K, Owner at Amanzi Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2015

Dear MM
We were so pleased to host your family - how your children have grown! Its such a joy to hear the happy sounds of children and their parents in our pool. Thank you for your lovely choice of words about Amanzi's gardens and that you felt you were in an oasis - my staff and i are particularly delighted you thought our service was outstanding.
Hope we see you at Amanzi again before i don't recognize your children!
Best wishes