“Joburg at its best!”

I was shot in Joburg
Ranked #65 of 180 things to do in Johannesburg
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: We shoot things, with a camera. Providing a platform for former street kids to learn skills and generate an income. We also recycle things and make things. iwastrashed, iwasmade
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

No better place to go when wanting to experience the vibeyJoburg that we all know & love! iwasshot is a must-see spot, filled with art, quirky gifts and the best of local homegrown creations. Love taking foreigners to Maboneng & especially to iwasshot. The photo booth causes for awesome memorabilia to remember the day by! And the iwasshot boys, former/uplifted street children, and this project always leave a smile on your face.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I was shot in Joburg is a must-see for any traveller visiting the city. I live here and I regularly take visiting friends and family to this unique gallery/gift store. It's based on a fun, tongue-in-cheek concept that perfectly illustrates our slightly whacky South African sense of humour - and it features wonderful merchandise made by extremely talented local craftspeople. It's situated in the Maboneng arts precinct too, which is the best taste of cosmopolitan Johannesburg that anyone could hope for.

Reviewed 14 September 2017

When visiting Maboneng, it's well worth a visit to " I was shot in JHB ".
A wonderful upliftment project filled with creativity. I love photography so am always drawn to the store to see what's new. From photos, soft furnishings, notebooks, magnets, clothing and more there's always something new to buy.
Highly recommended to take overseas visitors for a visit.
Well done!

Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

I love this initiative! A great gallery and unique items to buy! I bought for myself and gifts to friends! Visit and support!

Reviewed 13 September 2017

The team are amazingly friendly and very talented. Awesome to see the passion of the guys and the products are perfect for my UK friends and family.