“Best almond croissant ”
Review of Proof Cafe

Proof Cafe
Reviewed 23 September 2017 via mobile

Best almond croissant I ever tasted. In the world. And brilliant coffee. Worth a trip to JHB just for this experience. I'm serious.

1  Thank GallusMagnus

Reviewed 20 September 2017 via mobile

I wanted to give a 3.5 as the service wasn't great, errors were made and it took 15 minutes to get an espresso, a smoothie and a sandwich because I was a sit down customer.

I raised the concern at 12 minutes and was shrugged off .

HOWEVER : The toasted sandwich was good and the Actual product was great once we got all the right things.

I will try it again.

1  Thank jpedrods
Reviewed 25 June 2017

Located by the Gautrain station, this is one of the hidden gems of Sandton. Truly great coffee with well-trained baristas. They also have a great patisserie section which is suitable for a light meal. Their Cruffins are amazing (croissant/muffin – creative ay?)

This place would make you forget about any work-stress, so pop in before work or during your lunch break, they are open from 6AM to 6PM, to give you the extra strength you need.

Friendliest staff to make you feel right at home (just don’t go putting your feet on the table now).

Just wish they were open on Sundays, seeing as that is one of the best days to just go and grab a social coffee with friends.

If we could have PROOF coffee in an IV, we would!

TTT’s rating out of 5: Food – 4 | Coffee - 5 | Service – 4.5 | Atmosphere – 4.5 | Value – 5
Proof gets Two Tasty Tummies' stamp of approval.

Reviewed 6 June 2017

I have been here a couple of times, the first after reading a review it was mentioned in, on the best cheese sandwiches in Joburg. I always have the 50/50, that's half a salad and half a sarmie. I highly recommend the B&B salad, and this time had the curry chicken mayo on rye. Other than ordering it toasted and finding when I got back to the office that it wasn't, it was great! However the hit must be their cruffins! A muffin made with croissant pastry. This weeks one was salted caramel, and i and glad I bought the last one, otherwise I would be getting back into my car and heading back for a second! YUM!

Reviewed 11 May 2017

Proof Café has become my haven in Sandton, a place where I can get great artisanal coffee, fresh smoothies and devine croissants, super freshly baked on premises. Walking up the stairs from Sandton Gautrain Station, so early in the morning, I'm greeted by the delicious aroma that speaks French, tastes continental and is all genuine South African hospitality!