“A taste experience of note”
Review of Urbanologi

Urbanologi
Ranked #13 of 1 358 Restaurants in Johannesburg
Reviewed 19 September 2017

Fusion food at its best. At first we were nervous of going into the center of Johannesburg but very glad we plucked up the courage. Found safe parking right outside?
Went with a group of friends and had a blast. The ambiance was great....giant stainless steel vats from the brewery tower over you as a very knowledgeable waiter take you through their very interesting menu.
Set aside time to savor the food and ambiance.....we had a long lunch and enjoyed every momen. Will be back.

Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

Everything about this place is awesome. Great food great service great vibe. If anything maybe deserts can be improved, they well presented but lack a little.

Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

When you are presented with a vegetable dish that is described in the menu as : Heirloom baby carrots that are designed with star anise and orange blossom labneh (a yoghurt type of sauce) with kumquat marmalade and they live up to the taste sensation that is promised, you know you are in for a treat. My favourite was the sweet potato (and I'm not really a fan) teriyaki poached with goats yoghurt and pilsner honeycomb. The spider steak, served with pickled shimeji mushrooms was superb, as was every dish we tasted. The beetroot was beautifully presented, the deserts were spectacular- we tried all of them. That's the beauty about a place like this, your order a couple of dishes for the table and get to try everything. The prices are great. I absolutely loved it and can't wait to go back.

Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

At first I sat at the bar area and got no service, so I asked for a table. The menu looks amazing, sort of Japanese-fusion/Tapas, citing all sorts of yummy ingredients. I had a hard time deciding, so I asked the waiter, who recommended a lot of fried food. I took some of his recommendations. The broccoli was perfect, the fried stuff, not so much. The pork belly and mushrooms were both tempura-fried into enormous clubs, and indecorously daybed with butternut squash puree (both of them in the same manner). The pork belly wasn't pork belly, but more like pork cracklins. The were both saved by flavorful sauces, though the acid in which completely dwarfed the flavors of the objects being fried. When I requested the dessert I had been eyeing throughout the meal, I was informed that it wasn't yet ready. This place has some major food and service issues it still needs to work out, but I'm sure, in time, it will be a fan-favorite.

Reviewed 12 September 2017 via mobile

We found this restaurant on our last night in town, and the food, presentation and service far excelled any other experience.

The menu was a little overwhelming, so we took our waiter Albert's offer to order for us. We were not disappointed! Sauces complemented each dish. With 4 of us we could have a variety of tastes.

The price was reasonably high, but the quality was superior.