See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 6 July 2015

Stayed here for four nights. The hosts and staff are friendly and helpful. They do not serve lunch but you can order in. The rooms are spacious and the beds comfortable. They have extra blankets in the wardrobe if you need them. The shower is good but I noted some mold on the walls. Shower cleaning could be better. My major concern is that there was no drinking water in the mini fridge. I had to go ask for drinking water at the reception. Orientation could be better for e.g I was not given the wifi password on check in. It would also be nice if slippers could be provided. I was there during winter and has to put on shoes to walk to the bathroom.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 December 2014

A good place to stay in Alberton. The hosts are very friendly and accommodating. Rooms are very large and clean. Breakfast is very good.
The only downside for me as a smoker, is that no accommodation has been made for smokers to sit around outside their rooms to have a smoke, otherwise it was all good. I felt that the guesthouse is aimed primarily at the family, and not the business traveler.
Definitely a place I would recommend, based on the cleanliness of the rooms, and the friendliness of the hosts and staff.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Lyndon J
Reviewed 25 September 2014

The title of my review says it all. I stayed at this Guest house on the recommendation of couple of my Colleaues who visited here before- primarily as it was close to our South Africa Office in Alberton, JoBurg. The stay turned out to be a delight. Writing this review after completing my 10 days of stay for the second time.

Run by a family, its a great place to be in Joburg. You feel staying at your own home. Nice clean place with around a dozen + rooms. The happy family with kids themselves stay here and ensure every bit to make you feel comfortable. Room are clean, large enough, with all basic amenities like TV, Fridge, complimentary Internet, Laundry, Pick up, Local tour services and all. They can be fairly accomodative for your food requirement- if need be they will get it for you from outside. In my case I was lucky get inside their kitchen and make something for myself, being a vegetarian. All this for a very competitive price of 700 Rands a day, roughly 65 USD. The place is easy to locate and walking distance from a small shopping center where you can get everything, from McD to Pizaa and all grocerry items. Needless to say I found the place very safe and quiet.

Last but not the least, do try the Pizza day here on Wednesday. Borismos have participated and won in neumerous Pizza events. Its all custom made for you and nothing stops you from trying your own variant as well :-)

Room Tip: all rooms are good.
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank radhsh
Reviewed 20 November 2013

Very nice place with helpfull people. Rooms were very clean and large enough. This family has very nice children what was nice because I travelled with my grand son and they played together.I will stay once again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family