Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Globaltrotter74
Johannesburg, South Africa

Nothing to write home about

2.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 04 Jun 2018
I had a family function and this was the recommended, why I do not know. Bloem Spa looks impressive, the drive up the hill lead me to increase my expectations. The expectations were quickly dashed though. The place and decor is stuck in the by-gone era. Rooms are spacious, bathrooms are outdated too. Having more light in the rooms and buildings would made a difference. What was scaring was we were the only guests in the lodge. Breakfast was okay. The staff are actually friendly and helpful.

We mustered our courage and decided to use the Spa. Prices are fair and staff were okay with the treatments. Decor is again stuck in the 80's.

What this place needs is leadership, it has all the facilities but it's just not flowing. For the price we paid I felt there must be better value else-where.
Date of stay: June 2018
      R 663
    • eDreams
    4.9 km from Bloem Spa Lodge And Conference
    View more hotels in Bloemfontein
    See what travellers are saying:
    Selected filters
    Reviewed 3 December 2016 via mobile

Costumer service definitely not a priority. Spa phone me half an hour before my appointment to ask if we can reschedule for half an hour later. I declined as i was already on my way. Got to the spa where they informed me that I do not have a choice, I will have to wait for half an hour. They offered me a beverage. I accepted, but 10 minutes later left as there was no beverage or person in sight.

Date of stay: December 2016
    Trip type: Travelled solo
    1  Thank YolandiM24
    Reviewed 18 October 2016 via mobile

Lying a few kilometres from the city centre, this is a place to visit for relaxing including body massage. There is a bar available and good enough space for parking. Premises are well secured and one can take leisure walks in this massive establishment

Date of stay: October 2016
    Trip type: Travelled on business
    Reviewed 11 August 2016

The room is small but neat. Double bed only, no option for king or queen bed.
    Ceiling above shower had mould stains, but room was otherwise clean. Light switch for the bathroom is at the entrance door, which is an irritation at night.

The spa facilities need some attention: the hydrotherapy bath had missing control buttons and exposed piping. The staff were very friendly and efficient. I had a wonderful relaxing massage, but the facial was harsh and uncomfortably brutal (my cheeks were pulled in all directions and I got scrub rubbed into my eyes.)

Food is very basic both in options and taste.

Date of stay: August 2016
    • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
    Reviewed 12 June 2016 via mobile

My wife and I booked on Saturday for a breakaway. We wanted something romantic and we booked the Presidential suite. The staff was excellent and arranged the evening for us as we required. The price for the Presidential suite was R2000 that included the night's accommodation, 20 minutes back and shoulder massage for each of us, a dinner of our choice from the restaurant's menu and a nice breakfast the Sunday morning. They included a bottle of champagne as well that we enjoyed with the presidential suite's private jacuzzi.

We arrived at 15h30 at Bloemspa and Amerentia at the front desk was very forthcoming and friendly with her service. She booked our massage at 16h30 on our request so that we would be in time to watch the rugby game in our room afterwards. She arranged our dinner for 19h00 on our request and arranged our private jacuzzi to be nice and warm for 20h00 with a room-heater to keep the jacuzzi room nice and cozy. When we entered our suite at 20h00, the champagne was already there and the main bedroom snuggly warm and already preheated with via the air-conditioning system. We loved the warm atmosphere and jacuzzi provided by Bloemspa and their staff.

The pricing for the whole evening was worth every penny and actually very cheap regarding everything that was included. I have searched high and low for a place in Bloemfontein with a private jacuzzi that could serve my budget and I would recommend the Presidential Suite at Bloemspa for every couple in need for a romantic breakaway in the Bloemfontein area!!

Date of stay: June 2016
    Trip type: Travelled as a couple
    Reviewed 10 June 2016

The rooms still have old furniture, beds are not up to standard and linen and bathroom was not clean. the food is overpriced but good. The spa is out of town and you have to drive for some distance to experience night life.

Date of stay: June 2016