See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Currently staying with African Lodge. I must say my experience so far has been phenomenal.

The service is top notch and the rooms are great. I had the pleasure of staying long enough to enjoy both their breakfast and dinner, which are included in the price. The staff are friendly and very helpful with regards to my needs.

I especially loved the look and feel of the place. If it wasn't for the traffic outside I would swear it was a bush lodge.

I would recommend African Lodge to anybody and will surely choose them again when I am visiting.

Date of stay: July 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
5  Thank JacoVS
Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

The room I stayed in was lovely, modern African finishes with ample space. The food was great, the service excellent with staff going out of their way to make your stay enjoyable. Debbie whom I would like to point out, is an exceptional asset towards African Lodge.

Date of stay: July 2014
Trip type: Travelled with friends
4  Thank AndreaP9026
Reviewed 20 September 2013

My wife and stayed at the lodge after visiting my home town cape town. We wanted a place within easy access from the main roads as it was only a stop over to get some rest. The staff was so friendly and accommodating that we decided to stay another night in a bigger room. The room on our first night was a bit small but very well cleaned and decorated. They are also very well located with shops close by. The receptionist also arranged a car wash for my car. Awesome staff, not much left of them

Date of stay: September 2013
9  Thank JNelspruit
Reviewed 5 September 2013

From Grahamstown/ Eastern Cape South Africa i was going to Jo'burg with my MSc Rhodes university mates for a technical field trip. We had a night here at African Lodge in Bloemfontein/ Free State. I enjoyed my stay with friends here. Bed rooms are well decorated, showers are clean and the swimming is more than enough although it was during winter and we couldn't use it because of cold. I stayed here on 22nd - 23rd of June 2013 and had an other night on 04th - 5th of July 2013 on our way back to Rhodes university in Grahamstown. Nice place and friendly staff.

Date of stay: July 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
8  Thank Paul_Katombe
Reviewed 9 May 2013

We had a nice stay at the African Lodge. Our room was spacious and clean. My only complaint would be that the room was very dark, the lighting was not near bright enough for the dark decor and lack of natural light.

Date of stay: April 2013