Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Yusuf S
Johannesburg, South Africa

Poor quality

1.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 19 Jan 2021via mobile
3 Rd visit for me over the last 18 months and it shows in the deterioration on the premises. Aircon wielded very poorly , room carpets were not vacuumed so you couldn’t walk barefoot , bedside lamps had plugs that were not compatible with wall plugs, table/ chair in one of the rooms were broken and had to be replaced. Overall a very poor experience
Date of stay: January 2021
      R 663
    • eDreams
    1.4 km from Pikoko Boutique Hotel
    View more hotels in Bloemfontein
    See what travellers are saying:
    Selected filters
    Reviewed 16 January 2020

I had a bad night at Pikoko on 14th January (room 6) – details below - when I discussed with the manager on duty, I was told that recent visitors (a political party) had trashed the place and I had a good room:
    1. Arrived to stuffy room, on trying to open the windows I found that the one window catch was broken and the blind in the bathroom was hanging by a thread (mentioned to the chef who met me on arrival)
    2. I looked to use the safe while I went out for food – but it is not secured so anyone could pick it up and walk out (the bolts to fix it were there, but unfortunately I did not bring my tools!)
    3. When I looked in the cupboard there was some brown gunk on the shelf
    When I tried to put the bedside lights on – I found that the plug on the lights was not compatible with the wall socket
    4. When I got into bed I found that the headboard was not fixed, and every time I moved, it slammed up against the wall
    5. I put the aircon on as it was set on my arrival, in the early hours of the morning I became aware that there was water dripping on to the back of the TV and the floor – it was from the aircon, I tried to secure
    6. When I went into the bathroom, I found that the shower was far too close to the door of the shower cubical, but (fortunately?) someone had broken it at the wall to improve it – however, the fixture is dodgy to say the least!
    7. I noticed that the vanity cupboard below the basin clearly did not fit, so someone has just ripped off the castors on one side and jammed it in as best as they can.
    8. When I opened my towel I found there was a piece of wood - maybe a part of a clothes peg still in it.

Let me make it clear – the staff I engaged with were all very pleasant and gave great service.

Listen, most of these are small issues, and if some had occurred in isolation I would not even mention this – but overall, I had a bad night, little sleep and I think the whole clearly illustrates a serious lack of attention to the facility.

I gave this review to Pikoko and they did not believe there was any reason for concern - which is exactly the reason for concern!

Date of stay: January 2020
    • Trip type: Travelled on business
    Reviewed 11 June 2019

I booked in at Pikoko in Heuwelsig. The staff was very friendly. Nancy you are amassing You go out of your way to make us feel comfortable. Thank you so much. The rooms was clean, the breakfast was delicious. I will definitely come back again and also try your NEW Hotel Pikoko Boutique Hotel in Waverley. I saw the pictures and I cant wait for our next trip to Bloemfontein.

Room tip: Best views is upstairs with Balcony
    Date of stay: June 2019
    • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
    Reviewed 17 April 2019

The absolute worst experience ever! I made the booking more a than a month in advance, I specifically requested an early breakfast, this was confirmed via email.
    I arrived for check on set date, no one knew what was going on, I enquired about the requested early breakfast, I was told everything was in order for the next morning, but there was going to be a party that evening. That would not be "loud". How can a 'boutique' hotel have a party but only notify guests about it upon check in?
    Said party went on, music, shouting, general noise until about 10pm, but the staff were in the kitchen right outside our bedroom having their own party with loud music and washing dishes, chatting, shouting until well after midnight.
    I was ready at 6am, for the requested earlier breakfast, there was nothing available, only very unfriendly receptionist who knew absolutely nothing, was not accommodating at all and didn't even try to make a plan. It was as if I had inconvenienced her asking about the breakfast I had requested over a month in advance.
    This has ruined the overall Bloemfontein experience, and this place should reconsider its name, it was absolutely terrible!

Room tip: Pick a different hotel!
    Date of stay: April 2019
    • Trip type: Travelled with family
    Reviewed 17 April 2019 via mobile

I severely dislike the City Lodge.
    But I would far rather stay there than ever setting foot back in Pikoko.
    Here is a list of things I should have brought along:
    Water to drink
    Soap
    Hairdryer
    A two prong adaptor
    A mirror
    A shelf to put my clothes onto.

After Being told that the in-house Chef would provide the best meal in town, I was phoned by Nancy 20mins later to essentially imply that she would be coming in especially for us and it was a inconvenience. We ate at a restaurant instead. The chef was certainly going to be in at 6:30 to make us breakfast though. She was not. I had to phone the manager on duty to wake him up. He attempted to make us food, but it left a lot to be desired. Not his job, so not really surprising.

The WORST part however:
    The renovations, that required hammering, angle grinding, drilling and other banging until all hours of the night. It was only when at around midnight, I lost my cool and let them have it, that the noise stopped.
    I have never felt so disrespected in my entire life.

I suggest finding alternative accommodation if you are traveling to Bloem

Date of stay: April 2019
    Reviewed 8 March 2019 via mobile

My stay was for a business overnight. Checking was easy with very friendly reception. Guest house is very special , with a personal touch. Rooms are very spacious, and beautiful bathroom. Beautiful swimming pool, and nice balcony to sit at night and see the amazing stars. Breakfast from 7-9 am . Good selection and plentiful. Reception advised in a selection of restaurants for supper, all very good. Would definitely recommend

Date of stay: March 2019