Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Janine B

Payment Upfront - Business closed on arrival

1.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 24 Jan 2022
We paid for our December stay upfront in September. On arrival the place was closed up and not operational. Johan did not inform us of any change of ownership or sale of the business. We have been unsuccessful in getting any form of refund.
Date of stay: December 2021
7.2 km from Dersley Manor Boutique Hotel
    R 968
11.1 km from Dersley Manor Boutique Hotel
Pool
Garden cottage behind sent by Glen before.
7.3 km from Dersley Manor Boutique Hotel
R 784
Go to your Happy Price
    R 692
  • eDreams
3.1 km from Dersley Manor Boutique Hotel
View more hotels in Bloemfontein
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 23 September 2021 via mobile

The staff were very pleasant & tried hard. When we checked in they advised that they only had “house wine” but that it hadn’t been delivered suggesting that we go to a nearby Tops to purchase our own. The room was shabby, the bathroom door didn’t close & the shower malfunctioned.
The swimming pool which we overlooked was green & clearly not working.
Breakfast had a choice of 2 cereals before a cooked breakfast- no fruit yoghurt or any other alternative. When we asked for butter for our toast we were told that they had no butter - although a funny looking small dish was presented as we finished breakfast.

Date of stay: September 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 July 2021 via mobile

Hi Johan

I have stayed at Dersley Manor before but I will not be back.

No hot water last night.

I did not take breakfast and was not even offered a takeaway breakfast but yet I was still charged the full price... R990! That is really expensive.

You advertise DSTV with 52 channels but yet you only have YouTube with a frustratingly slow connection & a remote that works intermittently.

No coffee in the room. I had to send your guy around last night in search of this.

Your lady this morning is really unfriendly and cannot work the POS device. I could not get an invoice. I need to claim this as a project expense.

Date of stay: July 2021
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 9 November 2020

Lack of attention to detail. Lack of management. Not all the correct soaps, teas, etc. were in the room, we had to ask for things like hand-soap and water. Don't bother ordering the evening meal...you'll wait for ages. When the food did arrive it was quite awful and they still expected us to pay for it. People (not residents of the hotel) playing pool late at night, right next to our room, making noise, no-one from management did anything about it, we had to ask the people to leave ourselves.
We phoned the owner and he didn't even bother to come and see us about our complaints.
Owner/Management doesn't care about your complaints.

Date of stay: October 2020
Reviewed 15 October 2020

When I checked in at 22h03, I was advised that I will be charged for late checkin despite the fact that I indicated my time of arrival when booking and no such charge was mention, I refused the charge. I was told that I must check out at 10h00 and will be charged R250 for anything after that. Very inflexable and not accomodative to

Date of stay: October 2020
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 29 March 2020

The professionalism was out of this world... Truly enjoyed my stay. Awesome choice of food. Nice, peace and quite.
Workers make you feel at home and they go all out to make sure your needs are met. I absolutely loved it!!!!!!

Date of stay: March 2020