US$271
US$221
Radisson Blu
  • Beachfront
Lungile Backpackers Lodge(Port Elizabeth)(Great Value!)
US$35
  • Pool
The Beach Hotel(Summerstrand)
US$184
US$173
Agoda.com
A&A Guesthouse(Port Elizabeth)(Great Value!)
US$42
US$28
Thunzi Bush Lodge(Port Elizabeth)
US$95
US$93
Treetops Guesthouse(Port Elizabeth)(Great Value!)
US$52
US$47
Priceline
No5 by Mantis(Summerstrand)
The Boardwalk Hotel(Summerstrand)
Paxton Hotel(Port Elizabeth)
Kelway Hotel(Port Elizabeth)
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 28 January 2018 via mobile

Did the garden route in December and we stayed here. We were a group of about 16-20. We stayed in the big house (8 sleeper) which was rather simple with small rooms- nothing luxurious. However other family members stayed at the main guest house and it was spacious with lovely decor.
Staff were wonderful and so accommodating. I had to fly and was unable to drive down with my family. The owner happily agreed to fetch me from the airport (at an extra change). They were friendly and allowed us to use their kitchen and living areas freely. Although the house was small and simple, it was clean and that’s a big thumbs up for me! I would def come here again but opt for the guest house instead.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 January 2018

Pranesh went out of his way to be a great host.
The self catering unit is basic but can suffice as the beds are comfortable.
I would book the rooms in the main house as those were lovely unless travelling with a big family.
Staff were friendly and helpful.
I would stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 7 January 2017 via mobile

From dirty sheets to dirty cutlery. Save yourself the money - if you're gonna go, check your sheets and wash your cutlery.

The place has a 4 star rating but none of my friends and I could tell how. Do not be deceived. This is a setup for disappointment. I guess if you expect a 3 star or backpackers you will be impressed with this place and their service.

We stayed here with a group of my friends and there was 8 of us in total. We were initially pleasantly taken by the small and charming place but the borderline rudeness of the host should have been telling of what's to come. She was demanding payment of a 20% balance that was outstanding and throwing tantrums and threatening to withhold keys even when their speed point/ card machine was not working. Numerous times did I ask her if she was arguing and threatening me as her customer to bring her back to her senses but this didn't help - what a headache. Be ready for a cheeky front of house that will serve you with the attitude a teenager in protest.

There are a bunch of nice ladies that just really need training in hospitality so they can learn to add professionalism to their arsenal. They were quite intrusive and got too acquainted too quickly - which was uncomfortable for all of us.

Don't bank on the breakfast either, it was something out of a hostel or neglected boarding school menu.

The infrastructure is there, the wifi etc. to make this an astounding experience but when u don't invest in your people it will hit you where it hurts. I don't imagine that it would take much to turn this around. Service is everything.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends
Mecasa2407, Owner at Me Casa Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2017

Dear Nyiko M,

Thank you for your feedback, It comes with great disappointment to hear your 1 night stay with us was a totally nightmare. My sincere apologies.

Your comments are noted and action will be taken against the relevant staff member/members.
We pride ourselves on cleanliness and friendliness at Me Casa, previous comments from other guest will confirm.

Please will you contact me directly so I can address this problem and ensure that this never reoccurs.
Yours sincerely
Pranesh Oodhrajh

Reviewed 6 January 2017 via mobile

A decent guesthouse, standing out in the suburb it is located in. Welcomed with South African friendliness. The rooms are clean and of decent size. WiFi access in rooms as well. No sea-views though from rooms. Breakfast is good.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family

Reviewed 20 October 2016

Pranesh, you and your staff went out of your way to make our stay comfortable!! We really enjoyed our time with you and will DEFINITELY recommend ME CASA Guest House!! The room was clean and comfortable!! The welcome was superb and I cannot say enough of your hospitality!!

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Hi,

Thank you for supporting us and look forward to having you stay with us again.