“Best tours in Port Elizabeth”
Review of Alan Tours

Alan Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Alan Tours, based in the fun filled, coastal Holiday City of Port Elizabeth on the Sunshine Coast in the Eastern Cape is proud to promote South Africa, home to the Big 5 and Big 7 Safaris! A land with a unique natural, cultural and historical diversity, unsurpassed in the modern world today.
Reviewed 20 June 2014

I booked two tours with Alan. The first a costal tour of Cape Recife and Woody Cape Dune fields absolutely blew me away. Alan's knowledge of the area is superior to any other and he was very enthusiastic and entertaining. I was impressed at the speed at which emailed were replied to as I booked very last minute. Also perfect for solo travellers as unlike other companies Alan was prepared to take me out on my own for only a small amount more and the extra was totally worth it. The second day we spent at Kragga Kamma national park. Alan's knowledge of the animals and ecology was excellent and this was the best up close game viewing I had in 6 weeks.

1  Thank Aliciajauffret
wildguide, Owner at Alan Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2014

Hi Alicia, You're a star, thank you so much for your wonderful review on Trip Advisor.
It is not everyday that I come across a young Lady as well educated, polite and inquisitive as I did when I met you for the two tours we did together. It ignites in me a strong belief in our fellow women and men and gives me a sense of security in what our young leaders can and will be able to do with the future of our planet. You are certainly a leader in this new world of ours.
I am impressed, thank you.
All the best,

"wonderful person"
"sharp eye"
"years experience"
in 2 reviews
"no hesitation in recommending"
"dung beetle"
in 4 reviews
"cape recife"
in 7 reviews
"interesting commentary"
"knew exactly where"

Reviewed 20 May 2014

We booked a half day tour with Alan to Kragga Kamma. We were absolutely amazed at Alan's knowledge and friendly nature. He made it truly memorable for us...he stopped the car a few times along the way to help us capture some breath taking views and the icing on the cake was when he took us to St. Georges Park ! Everyone going to Port Elizabeth, and looking for guided tours -- Alan's your man !

wildguide, Owner at Alan Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Wow, Thank you so much for your kind words and wonderful recommendation. It was indeed a pleasure to be able to show such a kind and well mannered family around the sights and sounds of our friendly city, Port Elizabeth. Thank you. We hope you and your beautiful family find the time to visit our sunny shores again in the near future. All the best, Alan

Reviewed 29 April 2014

Two excellent tours arranged by Alan. The first was with Angelika to Addo National Elephant Park - one of the best mornings of my life!
I shall never forget seeing my first elephant in the wild nor the many other animals. She then dropped us off for the second part of our tour at Schotia private game reserve for the "Tooth and Claw Afternoon and Night Drive".
The second tour was with Alan to Cape Recife. A facinating half-day tour to SAMREC, Cape Recife Lighthouse and Cape Recife Nature Reserve. Alan then went out of his way to help me take some borrowed equipment back.
Cannot recommend highly enough!

wildguide, Owner at Alan Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

Dear Helen, Thank you so very much for your wonderful review you posted on Trip Advisor.
We, Angelika and myself really appreciated your support and the level of interest and sheer delight you expressed in meeting the wildlife in their natural surroundings. Thank you for visiting our shores, We hope you find the time to return to enjoy more of our South African warmth and hospitality. Wishing you all the best,
Alan and Angelika

Reviewed 19 April 2014

We booked at fairly short notice and were driven by Alan's wife Angelika around Addo Elephant Park. Alan was driving another small group and was able to share information on where animals could be found and so we didn't miss much.
A chance mention of Lighthouses resulted in a half day tour being booked to visit the Cape Recife lighthouse and the nearby penguin rescue centre.

wildguide, Owner at Alan Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2014

Dear Steve, thank you not only for your wonderful support but also for taking the time and trouble to write your valuable review on Trip Advisor, we appreciate it very much.
All the best Alan

See more reviews
Reviewed 9 March 2014

I arranged with Alan to conduct a private tour of Addo Elephant Park for our party of 6 on 2/19/2014. We arrived in Port Elizabeth by cruise ship and was picked up by Alan in the morning. I had not previously met Alan but he immediately bonded with everyone in our party. He was knowledgeable, interesting, low key and most of all passionate about what he did. His love of nature, plants, birds, insects and land animals made us excited. We were awed with his knowledge about so many interesting subjects including the history of the area. We concluded the day with so many memories and pictures to share with friends. Thanks Alan for a wonderful and enriching experience. Should your travels take you to the area do yourself a favor and connect with Alan. You will not regret it.

wildguide, Owner at Alan Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2014

It was an honor and a privilege to have been able to guide you and your companions on your brief visit to the world class Addo Elephant national park near Port Elizabeth. From the minute I was asked whether my wife had seen me that morning (which she hadn't) to the time I had to drop you off at your ship, I enjoyed your company and intense interest that your group showed in everything we had the opportunity to see and do. Thank you for your kind words I sincerely hope that you will make it back to our sunny shores some time in the not too distant future. Go well.